The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Mutagen changes in 5.1.4 are awful when you don’t turn Rapid Regeneration into a self heal.

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    Mendosa wrote: »
    Same char, same food, same gear.

fbgisabypuj6.png

Looks great, a good and strong Magicka HoT that's worth using in a trial! :)

Well with this numbers it doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would. If they’ll make RR exclusively self heal now I can even see their reasoning behind doing this. I still somehow had the impression new Mutagen would be the 20s HoT and forgot they halved the duration.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hYmD8Ji.jpg

Argonian Templar, Jorvulds/Olo/Sentinel. 3 Spell Damage enchants, major courage, potion up, warhorn. infused large pieces, 2 prismatic, 1 magicka on large. Atro Mundus
    Edited by tmbrinks on August 5, 2019 11:28PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭

fbgisabypuj6.png

Im not sure its a nerf tbh.
    It depends on how one used it in the first place.
    If it was slotted as a "oh shi*" sitation heal, its a nerf.
    Otherwise its a hell of a buff.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    hYmD8Ji.jpg

Argonian Templar, Jorvulds/Olo/Sentinel. 3 Spell Damage enchants, major courage, potion up, warhorn. infused large pieces, 2 prismatic, 1 magicka on large.

Goes up to 26642 with a weapon damage enchant on the resto bar when procced.

EDIT: I lied... I forgot to put the CP in with my template... lol
    Edited by tmbrinks on August 5, 2019 11:27PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2tPikgi.jpg

Argonian Templar, Jorvulds/Olo/Sentinel. 3 Spell Damage enchants, major courage, potion up, warhorn. infused large pieces, 2 prismatic, 1 magicka on large.

Goes up to 23370 with a weapon damage enchant on the resto bar when procced.

Sooooooooo we went from vigor stacks to RR/Mut stacks... 🤣
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    2tPikgi.jpg

Goes up to 23370 with a weapon damage enchant on the resto bar when procced.

...and I forgot my CP in those numbers... template characters... lol
  • The_Auror
    The_Auror
    ✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

At least the healers will be doing the healing this time :*
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Golden question is does it stack, what happens when two players cast it with overwriting the hot, and is it a smart heal?

I’ve noticed with RR sometimes two casts back to back will hit the same people. I think how it functions will decide how good it is.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That tooltip looks good
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad it covers more than 1 person now. Really wish it would hit 4 instead of 3 so it would be even more useful in 4 man dungeons but I guess with the targeting not always right you could hit it twice and generally have it on all 4 people over the 2 it does now.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lisutaris wrote: »
    Here, take a hiss .... changes are awful and the ones who wanted them/agreed to it are only playing pvp.

tumblr_psuzrqIcRC1qflto8o2_500.gif

WTF? Wrong.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said, with the tooltips corrected I agree it’s a change that’s been overdue yet I don’t see the point of Rapid Regeneration then.

Rapid Regeneration is tailored to be the strong and short self heal like Resolving Vigor yet it isn’t a self heal per se. If they’d change that everything would be fine.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Golden question is does it stack, what happens when two players cast it with overwriting the hot, and is it a smart heal?

I’ve noticed with RR sometimes two casts back to back will hit the same people. I think how it functions will decide how good it is.

On live, you can stack multiple instances of Regeneration on a target when casted by different players. This is regardless of morph (e.g. a target can have on him 2 mutagens, 3 regenerations and 4 rapid regens).Also, on live it is a smart heal that won't hit a target that already does have the hot from you. It can hit same player again only in the case that all other players in the area have the hot on them with duration greater than the player.

Doubt they changed those functionalities. If they did, it's surely because they messed something up in the process of rewroking the ability rather than intentionaly taking them away.

Can someone confirm behaviour of Regeneration on PTS?
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on August 6, 2019 7:31AM
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    I like the changes personally.

funny don't see a healer in your signature??
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good change. Sadly we cant stack similar morphs of rapid/radiating anymore.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

I see this a lot, and being a console peasant I guess I'm not really sure what stacks. Someone said Ritual of Retribution didn't, but I went online and confirmed that on live it in fact does. I see multiple mutagen stacks on the console buff tracker (for whatever that's worth), but I haven't actually checked that on live. Is this non-stacking new on the PTS or is it in fact this way on live?
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fbgisabypuj6.png

Wut. That tooltip doesn’t make sense, sounds like it’s only you or 3 nearby allies. I take it that the ability’s 3 targets every time?

you or up to 3 allies

So it targets you, or 3 allies

But I think they mean, you and 2 allies or 3 allies... IDK, ZOS
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    As I said, with the tooltips corrected I agree it’s a change that’s been overdue yet I don’t see the point of Rapid Regeneration then.

Rapid Regeneration is tailored to be the strong and short self heal like Resolving Vigor yet it isn’t a self heal per se. If they’d change that everything would be fine.

I think Rapid Regen is meant to fill in the gap for classes without a single target burst heal; sorcs, DKs (sorta) and wardens. The tooltip’s strong enough they can use it as a burst heal along with their other hots.

On live, you can stack multiple instances of Regeneration on a target when casted by different players. This is regardless of morph (e.g. a target can have on him 2 mutagens, 3 regenerations and 4 rapid regens).Also, on live it is a smart heal that won't hit a target that already does have the hot from you. It can hit same player again only in the case that all other players in the area have the hot on them with duration greater than the player.

Doubt they changed those functionalities. If they did, it's surely because they messed something up in the process of rewroking the ability rather than intentionaly taking them away.

Can someone confirm behaviour of Regeneration on PTS?

I’ve noticed the behaviour in cyrodiil. It’ll recast on the same players in back to back casts, might be lag related because with lag all sorts of funky things happen.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 6, 2019 5:23PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can't be awful because it's not Vigor yet.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the real reason for the change was because after taking major protection off "Light's Champion", anyone with a brain swapped to Life Giver and there the problem really begins. On live in light armor if I don't act dumb I can use it and survive a zerg in light armor (9.7K resist).

While I can see how that is broken, ZOS could always have taken the step to address the fact that the ultimate is, was, and always will be overloaded. In fact, if their goal was to stop that kind of behavior, then they've failed miserably because with the purge changes + increased tooltip, that ultimate will become an even bigger issue if you have the "skill" to use it right (or also simply wear a set or three that purifies).

ZOS outplayed themselves this time ...
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

I see this a lot, and being a console peasant I guess I'm not really sure what stacks. Someone said Ritual of Retribution didn't, but I went online and confirmed that on live it in fact does. I see multiple mutagen stacks on the console buff tracker (for whatever that's worth), but I haven't actually checked that on live. Is this non-stacking new on the PTS or is it in fact this way on live?

Right now you can stack similar morphs of Regeneration and Vigor. But next update no longer.
    Edited by Cinbri on August 6, 2019 6:46PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Right now you can stack similar morphs of Regeneration and Vigor. But next update no longer.

Thanks. That makes sense as something applied to targets rather than ground AoE
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Title says it all.

Thanks for butchering this skill. Oh and Mutagen emergency heal bringing someone back from the brink of death? In which game?

Disagree, as healer I really love the change of these skill.

In some of my char I use mutagen for extra free sustain and on my warden main I use RR as an emergency heal.
    And since PvP Boy have cry on oh powerful was the Healing ward and it get nerfed to hell, I'm glad to have this option to put a true burst heal on my warden who was really lacking of it.

I had no problem with the old effect, but the new if far better.

Also, stop with the stupid "RR is a bad self heal" it's NOT a self heal omfg.
    Edited by Aznarb on August 14, 2019 2:13PM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rapid regen feels like *** when used in a grp like bgs.

Feels like im always the last person to get the heal, even when my teammates are on full hp.

Should be a self heal like resolving vigor, at least with vigor im a guaranteed to get the heal myself.

Playing magicka and trying to use this skill when not solo feels like ass.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RR is a bad self heal if you treat it as one and in pvp that's its purpose as 5 second one tick on someone isn't good in pve and pvp unless you can control where it goes.

Mutagen is a nice change.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Rapid regen feels like *** when used in a grp like bgs.

Feels like im always the last person to get the heal, even when my teammates are on full hp.

Should be a self heal like resolving vigor, at least with vigor im a guaranteed to get the heal myself.

Playing magicka and trying to use this skill when not solo feels like ass.

Even solo it's bad because it goes on a rando when you need it.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK