Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Mutagen changes in 5.1.4 are awful when you don’t turn Rapid Regeneration into a self heal.

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it all.

Thanks for butchering this skill. Oh and Mutagen emergency heal bringing someone back from the brink of death? In which game?
Edited by Seraphayel on August 5, 2019 10:43PM
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mutagen's burst heal was hitting harder than Breath of Life.

This change is great it gives healers a multi-target HoT that is casted on players. This is a part of the toolkit healers were lacking with all of these changes.
    Edited by Ajax_22 on August 6, 2019 1:36PM
  • Slowbromance
    Slowbromance
    ✭✭✭
    If the change notes mean healing up to 4 people overtime i think that's a great change to help with group heal coverage and makes the skill more viable. I rarely used mutagen unless it was for certain proc sets or ulti regen.
    -Shadow hide you
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here, take a hiss .... changes are awful and the ones who wanted them/agreed to it are only playing pvp.

tumblr_psuzrqIcRC1qflto8o2_500.gif
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the changes personally.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, it increases the chance that this skill will actually hit you.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So it hits 3 players at once now? I’m not sure what they meant in the notes.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

It'll still probably hit the same 3 over and over, just like CBP, and Springs and all the other skills
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mutagen had an exclusive functionality. Now it just hits one more target than on live minus the exclusive function. That’s a nerf. It’s nice that it hits three targets now yet there was no need to remove the emergency heal completely.

And what exactly is the identity of Mutagen now? Weaker but longer HoT that might hit you vs Rapid Regeneration that’s stronger but the chance on hitting you is less likely - wow, what a choice.
    Edited by Seraphayel on August 5, 2019 9:58PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

So what? In that case I’d prefer Rapid Regeneration and would use that morph and not Mutagen.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Mutagen had an exclusive functionality. Now it just hits one more target than on live minus the exclusive function. That’s a nerf. It’s nice that it hits three targets now yet there was no need to remove the emergency heal completely.

And what exactly is the identify of Mutagen now? Weaker but longer HoT that might hit you vs Rapid Regeneration that’s stronger but the chance on hitting you is less likely - wow, what a choice.

It's also a nerf because of the duration/cost numbers.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mutagen had an exclusive functionality.

So did Springs and Orbs. You had no issues with those getting butchered. Enjoy.

What goes around comes around, huh?
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mutagen was so useful for the cleansing effect. It's a skill rarely run anyways in PvE. I guess I'd need to compare rapid regen tooltip on live to mutagen on PTS, but they're consistently removing identity and pigeonholing the resto staff into damnation at an even faster rate. The new abilities might be good for 4 mans, but in trials you'll probably just spec more into dmg tbh and have dps help w/ heals if need be.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Both still have their exclusive functionality. Spamming those abilities wasn’t one of them. But keep being salty because of those changes, I’m glad they’re going through with them.
    Edited by Seraphayel on August 5, 2019 9:59PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mutagen was so useful for the cleansing effect. It's a skill rarely run anyways in PvE. I guess I'd need to compare rapid regen tooltip on live to mutagen on PTS, but they're consistently removing identity and pigeonholing the resto staff into damnation at an even faster rate. The new abilities might be good for 4 mans, but in trials you'll probably just spec more into dmg tbh and have dps help w/ heals if need be.

Mutagen was a staple of 4-man healing builds, especially for healers who don't do trials and hence run SPC instead of Olorime.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both still have their exclusive functionality. Spamming those abilities wasn’t one of them. But keep being salty because of those changes, I’m glad they’re going through with them.

Now you can spam Rapid Regeneration to keep your teammates topped up inbetween those Springs and Orbs. :trollface:
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now you can spam Rapid Regeneration to keep your teammates topped up inbetween those Springs and Orbs. :trollface:

This would make sense when Rapid Regeneration wouldn’t be the morph that’s basically the ST version yet doesn’t apply to the caster. The problem here is Mutagen lost its identity and is just a weaker 3 target RR whereas RR still isn’t a self heal.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would make sense when Rapid Regeneration wouldn’t be the morph that’s basically the ST version yet doesn’t apply to the caster. The problem here is Mutagen lost its identity and is just a weaker 3 target RR whereas RR still isn’t a self heal.

The new morph has great identity. It's more useful for healing a bigger group. Exactly what is needed to offset the change to Springs and Orbs. And you don't even need to spam it as much too. :trollface:

Except it's still absolutely trash and pointless but this is the kind of logic ZOS utilises. You've decided to stand with them on this once. Now it is time to pay the price.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mutagen is a good change.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the mutagen change, I'd like it more if it could only hit group members
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to test it, and nobody should be jumping to conclusions before they can, but if it means that having mutagen lets mag healers still exist in raid environments then i'm here for it. that's probably too hopeful though. 3 people on cast means 4 casts for a full raid group, whereas before it was 6. If it's smart, that means both healers only need to cast twice to cover everyone. That, with new springs and orbs should be able to heal most content, I would think. but that's asking for a lot of stars to line up, and somehow I doubt ZOS had the foresight to make it work like that.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’re going from a 2 target + cleanse/emergency heal Mutagen to a 3 target Mutagen. How is this a buff? It was already a pretty cheap heal and with two casts you covered everyone in a dungeon/group and had added functionality. Now you hit three targets which is only good in huge groups, e.g. trials or ball groups.

If RR would be the exclusive self heal the Mutagen change would make sense yet both heals are still not the self healing tool that one morph of them should be.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time to adapt I guess?
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great change imo, the skill only hitting 1 target, and a random one at that, made it a no-go...
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’re going from a 2 target + cleanse/emergency heal Mutagen to a 3 target Mutagen. How is this a buff? It was already a pretty cheap heal and with two casts you covered everyone in a dungeon/group and had added functionality. Now you hit three targets which is only good in huge groups, e.g. trials or ball groups.

If RR would be the exclusive self heal the Mutagen change would make sense yet both heals are still not the self healing tool that one morph of them should be.

You can adapt, right? Maybe that new Power Surge will help? You can proc it more with new Mutagen.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    The previous pts changes made mutagen heal as much as Coag Blood, even considering its low health bonus. That, attached to a strong HoT, was too much. Instead of nerfing the burst heal, they instead allows it to be the team healer morph people asked for. Still a strong HoT that helps the group
  • Mendosa
    Mendosa
    ✭✭✭
    Same char, same food, same gear.

fbgisabypuj6.png
    Magblade with Dual Wield
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Time to adapt I guess?

Uh, all those salty healers crawling out from under their rocks. I will adapt and I already embraced most of the changes. To change Mutagen in the last iteration to the most boring version they could have changed it to is a sad choice. I’ll live with it though.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Uh, all those salty healers crawling out from under their rocks. I will adapt and I already embraced most of the changes. To change Mutagen in the last iteration to the most boring version they could have changed it to is a sad choice. I’ll live with it though.

I dont even have a healer, just enjoying throwing the "jUsT ADaPT" back at People, People Always come into Topics with it but dont like it when someone tells themselves to do so.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mendosa wrote: »

fbgisabypuj6.png

Looks great, a good and strong Magicka HoT that's worth using in a trial! :)
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mendosa wrote: »

fbgisabypuj6.png

Wut. That tooltip doesn’t make sense, sounds like it’s only you or 3 nearby allies. I take it that the ability’s 3 targets every time?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten