Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ultimate over 100% ?

Stokowski
Stokowski
✭✭✭
I'm confused as to why it's possible to continue to generate Ultimate beyond the point necessary to cast an Ultimate ability. It doesn't seem to make the ability stronger. Also, using an Ultimate ability always drains all the Ultimate stored so it's not like I can cast two Ultimate abilities in a row with 200% Ultimate banked.

Kinda perplexed. Hope I'm not missing something important here.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few ultimates that interact differently depending on how much ulti is stored. NB's Incap can be used at 70 or wait till 120 and get a silence. Sorcs overload use to be able to store 1000 ulti because when you activate it, it depletes the stored ulti per use.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    There are a few ultimates that interact differently depending on how much ulti is stored. NB's Incap can be used at 70 or wait till 120 and get a silence. Sorcs overload use to be able to store 1000 ulti because when you activate it, it depletes the stored ulti per use.

This
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game does not know what ultimate you are going to use. One that costs 75 ultimate? One that costs 150 ultimate? What if you switch skills between fights and exchange a 150 ultimate for 250. Do you start at 150/250 because you were capped at 150 ultimate by last ultimate? What if you switch to a piece of gear that lowers your ultimate costs? What if you are hit by a poison that raises your ultimate costs? Exactly how much your ultimate costs and which ultimate you are going to use is a moving target.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    The game does not know what ultimate you are going to use. One that costs 75 ultimate? One that costs 150 ultimate? What if you switch skills between fights and exchange a 150 ultimate for 250. Do you start at 150/250 because you were capped at 150 ultimate by last ultimate? What if you switch to a piece of gear that lowers your ultimate costs? What if you are hit by a poison that raises your ultimate costs? Exactly how much your ultimate costs and which ultimate you are going to use is a moving target.

that's a really good explanation.
    well said. i learned something i didn't know, thank you.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s also Balorghs set, which gives more Weapon and Spell damage if you save up a lot of ultimate, regardless of the ultimate’s cost.
  • Stokowski
    Stokowski
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks very much. That makes it clear.

I'd always had my UI set to display Ultimate as a % rather than x/y so never noticed any cost differences. (Actually, I'm not sure I've unlocked any that have noticeably different costs yet.)

Good to know.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stokowski wrote: »
    I'm confused as to why it's possible to continue to generate Ultimate beyond the point necessary to cast an Ultimate ability. It doesn't seem to make the ability stronger. Also, using an Ultimate ability always drains all the Ultimate stored so it's not like I can cast two Ultimate abilities in a row with 200% Ultimate banked.

Actually using an ultimate does not use all your ultimate... what I mean is, slot a different ultimate on each bar, make sure both are at max and ready to use... use the cheapest one... then switch bar, you should see that the more expensive one is not fully depleted.

You keep building ultimate so that you can use an expensive one or a cheap one.
  • Stokowski
    Stokowski
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, hadn't thought of that.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually using an ultimate does not use all your ultimate... what I mean is, slot a different ultimate on each bar, make sure both are at max and ready to use... use the cheapest one... then switch bar, you should see that the more expensive one is not fully depleted.

AFAIK that only works with overload. All other ultimates take you down to 0 even if they are low ult cost.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AFAIK that only works with overload. All other ultimates take you down to 0 even if they are low ult cost.

Hmmn, hadnt noticed that, I'll need to check again!