Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question: What's the best way to capture a dark fur Khajiit in a screenshot?

sueblue
sueblue
✭✭✭✭
My main is a black Khajiit and I have yet to find a way to get a good screenshot of her. Her face is always so dark it loses all detail.

Any suggestions?
Edited by sueblue on August 2, 2019 4:25AM
Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • magicsprout
    magicsprout
    ✭✭✭
    big nets and raw chicken
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    big nets and raw chicken

I suppose I asked for that. :#
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure your character is facing the best light source . Try using emotes like /torch that will light up your face as well .
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    The light has to be really bright like the orb memento but that's so awkward to most times. Even if it's daylight and she is facing the sun her face is still dark in the screenshot. It's such a shame because she is so pretty.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's not your monitor settings? My best friend mains a black khajiit and her screenshots are always really clear to me. But my screen also blinds my friend. I have it at default settings (not a laptop) but with contrast tweaked a little so nothing looks washed out.

Edit: Can you post one of your screenshots here?
    Edited by Minyassa on August 2, 2019 5:20AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This one also has an all black Khajiit.
    Choose a location with a good light source, that usually works for me. You can also alter the view setting in-game for a screenshot (gamma ratio influences light)
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holding a torch perhaps?

As Winkworth Claws was doing when he captured this image of the dangerously beguiling Madame Mau …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

48338451117_fff3afcd75_c.jpg
    Madame Mau
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In housing you can put lights where you need them I highly recommend psijic lanterns and fireplaces to cast reflective light on darker surface, make sure the Gfx settings are on ultra since frame rate is not important for screen shots, make sure the dynamic lighting is set to SAOO or whatever to get shadows and reflective lighting ^_^
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not your monitor settings? My best friend mains a black khajiit and her screenshots are always really clear to me. But my screen also blinds my friend. I have it at default settings (not a laptop) but with contrast tweaked a little so nothing looks washed out.

Edit: Can you post one of your screenshots here?

This is the only one I have handy on mobile. She looked well lot in the game but then in the actual file it's hard to see the details of her face.

xc9a5k50vvza.png
    Edited by sueblue on August 7, 2019 6:59AM
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is another where I took a snap of the character select screen and cut it out. This one isn't too bad but she is still less detailed than the lighter character on the right. ijsgtvj3m8sp.png
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.