The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Good 1vs1 magplar build?

• Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running:
    -x5 spell strategist
    -x5 spinner
    -slimecraw or bloodspawn (I dont notice the defense from bloodspawn I use it for ultimate regen)
    -Lightning staff (spinner)
    -SNB (x2 deaths wind) mag regen 2p would work here, also resto staff can work for resto ultimate.
    -apprentice or ritual mundus

Puncturing sweeps, toppling charge, reflective or vamps bane, radiant destruction or living death next patch, ele drain, crescent sweeps.

Purifying ritual, channeled focus, deep thoughts, mist form, honor dead....and for defensive ultimate, many can work here. I like undo and SnB ultimate, also resto ultimate or remeberance, swarm is getting super nerfed next patch. Nova might be ok.

Note here for SnB ultimate, it will allow you to cast deep thoughts for the full 6 seconds without being bashed.

It's a hardmode magplar playstyle, extremely risky, but it's very fun. Massive honor the dead hits. You normally only need one or two if the first one doesnt crit. I've seen 18k crits on myself in cyrodiil.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Good magplar can duel with 750 regen. Takes a lot of practice. It also takes damage stacking as opposed to mitigation. Which also means more knowledge on when you need to backbar to heal and not stay backbar. Damage stacking helps get phat honor the dead hits too. Meaning you dont stay backbarred and get to utilize the rediculous tooltips on your skills. My 5300 puncturing sweeps tool tip for example. Or almost 20k crescent sweep tooltip.

Idk about 750, that's about 2k regeneration after focus, a potion, and degeneration. That's about 35k on 30 seconds of combat. Say u start at 40k mag, so 75k magicka available to use. At a cast per 1.25 seconds (no one's perfect, stuns, enemy movement) that means youll be out of resources in 30 seconds if youre spending 3100 per cast. Good duels last minutes and the person heavy attacking the most typically loses in my experience (it's exploitable, especially with long casts like resto/ lightning)
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, hiting that hard can end fights quick. But what top tier evenly matched duels do you watch that are quick fights?

Also you're mentioning skills that are banned from most competitive competitions.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on August 2, 2019 12:25AM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Competitive dueling...rofl...

Open world cyrodiil, A fight that lasts longer I will go through long phases of offense and sustain/ defense.

I'll do nothing but focus on regaining mag back to full. Then go back to offense. It's just a much more active style of play. It's been fun for me. And I dont care what you think, I've gone toe to toe with some of the best players 1v1 in cyrodiil you'll find, of all classes. The only class that really makes me *** my self ironically are other magplar build similarly to me. One in particular I dont think I could take him on ever, just a better player...

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Competitive dueling...rofl...

Open world cyrodiil, A fight that lasts longer I will go through long phases of offense and sustain/ defense.

I'll do nothing but focus on regaining mag back to full. Then go back to offense. It's just a much more active style of play. It's been fun for me. And I dont care what you think, I've gone toe to toe with some of the best players 1v1 in cyrodiil you'll find, of all classes. The only class that really makes me *** my self ironically are other magplar build similarly to me. One in particular I dont think I could take him on ever, just a better player...

What do you use in open world, you on pc/xbox or ps4
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please don't try to open world with 750 regen. Open world and zerg surfing are different.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on August 5, 2019 4:45PM