Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – October 23,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498647/hotfix-on-oct-23-pc-mac-servers

• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 23,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 23,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Moon-Sugar Meadow

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
First, is it on PTS yet? Second... I might consider it if I could build a reasonably decent small house on it AND furnish it AND make the rest of the place into a fairly dense forest.

What do you folks think of this upcoming house?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am cautiously excited @SantieClaws ! Maybe I'll actually start PTS downloading again when I go to bed tonight! LOL

• Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no end date listed for the meadow, which means it will likely be a permanent addition. Thus it will probably be available for gold as well as crowns.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Earrindo wrote: »
    There is no end date listed for the meadow, which means it will likely be a permanent addition. Thus it will probably be available for gold as well as crowns.

Not necessarily, look at EarthTear

Fair point.
    I suppose we shall see how it all shakes out. I'd forgotten about Earthtear...
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    Community Ambassador
    In the small print of the article they also mention a sale on 'structures' at about the same time.

So do not forget to stock up on tents and pergolas if you think you might need them for part of your project.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

The Santie Claws College of Pocket Engineering - Tange, tange, transfige!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - this week our stall is in Daggerfall - for all your shopping needs yes!

http://www.youtube.com/user/wenxue2222/videos
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    It's beautiful, but I know I won't be able to build a decent house, plus furnish it to a satisfactory standard, on 700 slots.

Then, of course, there is the fact that you can't resize building assets and there are no real window frames, doors, or roofs, you can use.

Really wish you could add an optional, pre-built, house to these plots.

Or, alternatively, remove one that is already placed there, if you prefer.

If either was the case, I would buy it.

I have often thought the same thing! And there are sooo many good, reasonably sized, buildings in the game already that would make great houses. I really would love to have a choice of plots of land and then a choice of houses to put on them in the location/position I want. That would be amazing. Right now their building pieces are... just enough to be frustrating. Like you have the good BEGINNINGS of something...but you can't complete ANY style. *sigh*

Yeah, exactly.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's beautiful, but I know I won't be able to build a decent house, plus furnish it to a satisfactory standard, on 700 slots.

Then, of course, there is the fact that you can't resize building assets and there are no real window frames, doors, or roofs, you can use.

I have often thought the same thing! And there are sooo many good, reasonably sized, buildings in the game already that would make great houses. I really would love to have a choice of plots of land and then a choice of houses to put on them in the location/position I want. That would be amazing. Right now their building pieces are... just enough to be frustrating. Like you have the good BEGINNINGS of something...but you can't complete ANY style. *sigh*

I think the Elsweyr style offers fairly comprehensive structural capabilities. This is an example of what is possible with them at MoonSugar Meadow

You've done an amazing job there, but as someone who is more into the interior design side, rather than the building side, I would be frustrated to not have enough slots left for lots of lighting and pillows on the sofas and so on.

Also, it would help if they at least added window frames (ideally, with a glass-like finish that just very slightly blurred the view, like the glass in a real window does) and doors.

Rather than having to use curtains instead of doors and random items, like Ayleid grates, or wooden trellises, for window frames, or leave them completely open.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 2, 2019 4:50AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Elsweyr style offers fairly comprehensive structural capabilities. This is an example of what is possible with them at MoonSugar Meadow

Okay hats off to you. That looks AMAZING! My own idea is for something much smaller in scale so now I have hope! Thank you for sharing your beautiful build! <3

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... I don't remember where to find the PTS to download it. :(

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    Community Ambassador
    On the account page?

Below where it says what you have perhaps?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - this week our stall is in Daggerfall - for all your shopping needs yes!

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    It's lovely, but if it can't be purchased with gold I'll pass.

I can't blame you for that. it's looking like they have completely moved away from housing for in game gold tho, which is VERY unfortunate.

Agreed, I find it distasteful to say the least. I don't even really get into housing just find it doesn't sit well with me at all. It would be nice to know if this was due to ZoS really needing the extra money for programmers etc or just greed. Programming I can understand but if just greed then it's reprehensible.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zypheran your build is quite something!

Thank you for sharing with us :)
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    @Zypheran I always look forward to your creations. This meadow is truly spectacular. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • ulrik.igerupb16_ESO
    ulrik.igerupb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... I don't remember where to find the PTS to download it. :(

It's in the launcher, the cogwheel near the minimize and close buttons.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unfortunately have to jump on the boat of folk that will need to pass if it's only sold for crowns. Primarily, because I'm a disability so have a very limited income. I know ZOS needs to make money to stay in operation, but it surely would be great if they would start offering more in-game gold housing options again.
  • jcf190b14_ESO
    jcf190b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this homestead to make a marketplace for my Baandari character. Thanks for the ideas and concepts!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this homestead to make a marketplace for my Baandari character. Thanks for the ideas and concepts!

It'll be perfect for all the khajitii tents and such. Hope you'll post pics!

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    Community Ambassador
    This one has travelled there again tonight and built a little approximation of the village temple.

Before she did so though she took a rough film of the area for planning purposes.

You may find it useful too also perhaps?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• jcf190b14_ESO
    jcf190b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This one has travelled there again tonight and built a little approximation of the village temple.

Before she did so though she took a rough film of the area for planning purposes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Love it. Thank you!

PS I clicked on your link to the imperial trading company and it took me to a spamware, virus laden website...I had to shut down my entire browser to get out of it
    Edited by jcf190b14_ESO on August 6, 2019 7:13PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    Community Ambassador

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Love it. Thank you!

PS I clicked on your link to the imperial trading company and it took me to a spamware, virus laden website...I had to shut down my entire browser to get out of it

Ah sorry. We updated the website url last year and this one probably did not change it.

She will sort it now.

Edit: and fixed

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Edited by SantieClaws on August 6, 2019 7:24PM