Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make all pvp non cp?

• killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - Give reason please.
    idk wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Cp is just one aspect of your build. People who decry cp don’t have much or aren’t very good at the game. (Or not as good as they think).

Very good observation.

There also may be some that sort of do PvE and don’t want to be bothered with changing it. However, none of them are serious raiders as fhat group changes CP based on the trial their in anyhow.

rofl imagine saying playing with no cp is for less skilled when if anything ir more like the opposite,must be hard playing with extra regen reduce cost on roll dodge/break free etc :wink:

you act like other people don't also have CP..... both arguments are actually *** braindead, there really is no difference in the skill required for either, it's just different.

So?

That's dosen't change that cp allow more room for error since they cover for many weakness of a build and let people survive much easier,while in no cp youre actually punished for errors.

Not sure why people want to go all militant and force everyone to play like them because the blame CP for their problem when Zos provides the option for PvP with and without CP.

I think it would be hilarious if in PvE CP capped players blamed CP for their lack of damage or dying all the time.

Not sure how people are so blind to not see the problem with cp.

Class,food,set etc get nerfed everytime because of cp but you hamsters keep get fooled about this fake progression and keep thinking youre char get better when every update something get nerfed.

I dunno why you don't even read,i also said that everytime something get nerfed because of cp food/gear whatever who is the player that get the short end of the stick?the one that play nocp.

Now imagine if this cp system get removed and replaced with a good system where you have to make choice and not everything is a stat increase to personilize your char?
    They can add a new perks every X patch instead of increase the cap and then nerf everything again.

Also lol at the guy that before say both take the same skill and then say cp take more skill, can't even be coherent.

Your comments, or should I say personal attacks since it is mostly trying to belittle those that disagree with you. They make little sense because I am not suggesting CP should not be changed which is exactly what you are strongly and falsely implying.

I have clearly stated that we already have a choice and as such there is no justifiable reason to force the majority of the community to what the minority has chosen as their preferred PvP campaign style.

I would also suggest that if you actually have something real to say in reply that it is best to avoid such petty and empty insults as they tend to indicate a lack of a real basis for an argument.

no one is forcing anything on you this is just a pool,simply cp are a bad system and that's why got many fix until now and surprise surprise now they have a permanent cap until something is done.

now you should reply aswell with something usefull instead of getting offended by nothing,just tired of read BS.

no one have a problem with you and other play CPPVP but if everything get nerfed because of it then yeah people get tired of it.

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - Give reason please.
    Cp is just one aspect of your build. People who decry cp don’t have much or aren’t very good at the game. (Or not as good as they think).

Very good observation.

There also may be some that sort of do PvE and don’t want to be bothered with changing it. However, none of them are serious raiders as fhat group changes CP based on the trial their in anyhow.

rofl imagine saying playing with no cp is for less skilled when if anything ir more like the opposite,must be hard playing with extra regen reduce cost on roll dodge/break free etc :wink:

you act like other people don't also have CP..... both arguments are actually *** braindead, there really is no difference in the skill required for either, it's just different.

So?

That's dosen't change that cp allow more room for error since they cover for many weakness of a build and let people survive much easier,while in no cp youre actually punished for errors.

Not sure why people want to go all militant and force everyone to play like them because the blame CP for their problem when Zos provides the option for PvP with and without CP.

I think it would be hilarious if in PvE CP capped players blamed CP for their lack of damage or dying all the time.

Class,food,set etc get nerfed everytime because of cp but you hamsters keep get fooled about this fake progression and keep thinking youre char get better when every update something get nerfed.

I dunno why you don't even read,i also said that everytime something get nerfed because of cp food/gear whatever who is the player that get the short end of the stick?the one that play nocp.

Now imagine if this cp system get removed and replaced with a good system where you have to make choice and not everything is a stat increase to personilize your char?
    They can add a new perks every X patch instead of increase the cap and then nerf everything again.

Also lol at the guy that before say both take the same skill and then say cp take more skill, can't even be coherent.

Your comments, or should I say personal attacks since it is mostly trying to belittle those that disagree with you. They make little sense because I am not suggesting CP should not be changed which is exactly what you are strongly and falsely implying.

I have clearly stated that we already have a choice and as such there is no justifiable reason to force the majority of the community to what the minority has chosen as their preferred PvP campaign style.

I would also suggest that if you actually have something real to say in reply that it is best to avoid such petty and empty insults as they tend to indicate a lack of a real basis for an argument.

no one is forcing anything on you this is just a pool,simply cp are a bad system and that's why got many fix until now and surprise surprise now they have a permanent cap until something is done.

now you should reply aswell with something usefull instead of getting offended by nothing,just tired of read BS.

no one have a problem with you and other play CPPVP but if everything get nerfed because of it then yeah people get tired of it.

yeah, CP are locked and yet every patch people keep getting tankier and damage keeps going up.......
    Invictus
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    No - Give reason please.
    No, because Cyrodiil is still partially PvE area with PvE quests.

If it were just for PvP then my answer would be yes, because I hate PvP with CPs :)
    Yes.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - Give reason please.

Very good observation.

So?

Have you even read the OP of this thread? The premise is to force no-CP PvP on everyone. The OP does not try to discuss changing CP, which many of us are in favor of, but to eliminate it totally in PvP and you are merely trying to twist the subject.

And my reply to you, that you are replying to here, was merely pointing that out though you choose to ignore that part, and that being condescending as you were is a very weak argument. LOL, Telling me I should reply with something useful. LMAO.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No - Give reason please.
    Some people need all the help they can get.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Very good observation.

So?

Have you even read the OP of this thread? The premise is to force no-CP PvP on everyone. The OP does not try to discuss changing CP, which many of us are in favor of, but to eliminate it totally in PvP and you are merely trying to twist the subject.

And my reply to you, that you are replying to here, was merely pointing that out though you choose to ignore that part, and that being condescending as you were is a very weak argument. LOL, Telling me I should reply with something useful. LMAO.

Yeah my argument is that every nerf made for cp hurt nocp is totally a weak argument for someone that don't care/play in nocp.

And you quoted me by saying that "we"want to force nocp on people when is not the case.
    I pref to see the pvp be nocp until something is done to the cp system and i gave my reason for it.

The OP made a pool for see the opinion and asking the reason behind their choice.
    Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on July 30, 2019 6:25AM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Very good observation.

So?

and that also makes No CP much much easier than CP pvp. you have to be a hell of a lot faster taking advantage of openings than you do in no CP.

You said there's no difference in the skill required and now you're suggesting that there's more skill involved in taking someone down in CP, make your mind up.

Also, in that same vein it's just as easy to say that CP is much easier than no-CP because you are afforded much more time when you make an error but the bottom line is, errors should be punished.

I don't need to make up my mind, I said they're different, and that's one of the ways they are different. It's easier to deplete people's stamina in No CP. which is the main reason i prefer CP over No CP, i prefer fights to be fast-paced throughout.

Ok, so one way they're different is that in CP, players can afford to make errors without real problems, fair enough.

You said "It's easier to deplete peoples stamina in no-CP" (Faster paced fights) then went on to say "I prefer fights to be fast-paced throughout" seems a bit weird that you'd prefer CP when you're saying things like that.

Do you mean you prefer long drawn out fights with unlimited stam pools?
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's going to happen anyway, PvErs are controlling the game now.

I'll come back in a 2 to 3 years then I can buy weapons and gear for PvP in the crown store 😂

We had good times ... 👍
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - Give reason please.

Very good observation.

So?

and that also makes No CP much much easier than CP pvp. you have to be a hell of a lot faster taking advantage of openings than you do in no CP.

You said there's no difference in the skill required and now you're suggesting that there's more skill involved in taking someone down in CP, make your mind up.

Also, in that same vein it's just as easy to say that CP is much easier than no-CP because you are afforded much more time when you make an error but the bottom line is, errors should be punished.

I don't need to make up my mind, I said they're different, and that's one of the ways they are different. It's easier to deplete people's stamina in No CP. which is the main reason i prefer CP over No CP, i prefer fights to be fast-paced throughout.

Ok, so one way they're different is that in CP, players can afford to make errors without real problems, fair enough.

You said "It's easier to deplete peoples stamina in no-CP" (Faster paced fights) then went on to say "I prefer fights to be fast-paced throughout" seems a bit weird that you'd prefer CP when you're saying things like that.

Do you mean you prefer long drawn out fights with unlimited stam pools?

The only times i have long drawn out fights is when i'm fighting tanks or wardens in either CP or No CP . what i like is that timing and timed burst is more important in CP than it is No CP.
    Edited by Lucky28 on July 30, 2019 5:42PM
    Invictus
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - Give reason please.
    they should've just convert CP to, like, 25 more levels or something. (yes, yes, remember Veteran ranks? same bad idea). (and give 32 CP points per level 51 to 75)

edit: by this calculation, CP160 becomes approximately lv55. so... *

SO players can level up from 1 to 75. convert no-CP to lv 51 to *55, and CP to "all levels".

kinda like, *GASP*, the "under 50" campaign.

or somethin like that.
    Edited by Davadin on July 30, 2019 6:36PM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - Give reason please.
    TLDR: Basically, the majority (who play cp) dont care if people if play either or.

The holier than thou NO-CP crew wants it forced upon everyone.

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    TLDR: Basically, the majority (who play cp) dont care if people if play either or.

Or...there's some of us that think the CP system and all of the extra calculations involved contribute to server load and the resulting lag. I've played both CP and non-CP and agree with the ones that say that CP is more forgiving in most situations, which I like since I'm pretty casual these days, but I also strongly believe that if ZOS doesn't solve their performance issues, PvP will wither and die, and getting rid of CP could help with that.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    they should've just convert CP to, like, 25 more levels or something. (yes, yes, remember Veteran ranks? same bad idea). (and give 32 CP points per level 51 to 75)

edit: by this calculation, CP160 becomes approximately lv55. so... *

SO players can level up from 1 to 75. convert no-CP to lv 51 to *55, and CP to "all levels".

kinda like, *GASP*, the "under 50" campaign.

or somethin like that.

Absolutely horrible worse case solution. Plus it Still doesn't solve the problem that pvp needs a horizontal progression system with tradeoffs to be balanced, while the pve crowd needs the carrot of a vertical progression to keep content interesting.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - Give reason please.
    I don't like proc sets and zergs, and that's exactly what no cp shines for.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like proc sets and zergs, and that's exactly what no cp shines for.

People who still cry about proc sets let me know they haven't played no cp seriously for like 2 years and just reveal their ignorance. Or whenever viper and red mountain were nerfed into the ground. There was the brief sload moment at the start of summerset and the enchant gate around murkmire but all have been fixed.

The only viable proc sets are actually mag now. And even there for most classes you will be more competitive running something else. Sure you can run a caalurions gank magblade and a kill one potatoe then die. Templar + overwhelmingly surge is strong on live right now but that won't be after the scalebreakee update.

Your best builds in no cp run the trifecta; 1 offense, 1 sustain/utility, 1 defensive. And this is what I feel like the no cp haters actually don't like is that you actually have to think and make tradeoffs to have a well rounded build instead of being able to crutch on cp.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - Give reason please.
    If you want no cp go to no cp
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - Give reason please.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    grannas211 wrote: »

Or...there's some of us that think the CP system and all of the extra calculations involved contribute to server load and the resulting lag. I've played both CP and non-CP and agree with the ones that say that CP is more forgiving in most situations, which I like since I'm pretty casual these days, but I also strongly believe that if ZOS doesn't solve their performance issues, PvP will wither and die, and getting rid of CP could help with that.

I mean, if after all this time Lag hasn't completely killed off PvP, i doubt it ever really will. poor changes and balance direction drove off more players than lag.
    Invictus
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really growing tired of the unkillable organized groups of 8+ who ball up with OP overhealing and mitigation allowed by CP and just dump sub assaults and necro ults on pugs. This play style only requires Discord and one individual counting down "3, 2 ,1.... "
    Edited by akray21 on August 4, 2019 2:20PM