Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp Nightcapping idea

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we all move to New York? I hear people never sleep there ...
    idea.gif

• xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    but OP...I live in Antarctica...I have 24 hours of night the whole year! which means I play on a permanent night cap! why yu so savage!?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in Antarctica...I have 24 hours of night the whole year!
    No you don't ...
    rolleyes.gif

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    idea.gif

At least I could get a decent slice of Pizza, the Pizza in south Florida sucks.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an idea for night-capping.

Accept that roughly half the planet (geographically) has a different day/night cycle to you, and therefore what you call "night capping" some people call "normal day time".

Accept that during your day, you are the <insert emotional expletive> night-capper for the people you accuse of night-capping.

Accept that it makes perfect strategic and tactical sense to assault you enemy's bases when he is at his weakest.

Finally, accept that if you can't accept the three points above its time to quit PvP.

All The Best

People playing when they have time to play is one thing. People who set their alarm clocks to wake back up and play, when the people who kill them are off are NIGHTCAPPERS.

Deny it all you want. Defend it all you can; but, nightcapping happens. Oddly enough, none of the people doing it come to the forums and defend it.

People nightcap to go emp, similar to how people go emp on empty campaigns. People nightcap to actually KILL people. Even the most glorified ball Zergs ultimately end up dead in a field in primetime. Dead to a bunch of pugs no less. That’s why there’s these frenzied 24v1’s in the middle of the night lol.

Tinfoil hats ftw.
    Australians BTFO.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Accept that roughly half the planet (geographically) has a different day/night cycle to you, and therefore what you call "night capping" some people call "normal day time".

Accept that during your day, you are the <insert emotional expletive> night-capper for the people you accuse of night-capping.

Accept that it makes perfect strategic and tactical sense to assault you enemy's bases when he is at his weakest.

Finally, accept that if you can't accept the three points above its time to quit PvP.

All The Best

People playing when they have time to play is one thing. People who set their alarm clocks to wake back up and play, when the people who kill them are off are NIGHTCAPPERS.

Deny it all you want. Defend it all you can; but, nightcapping happens. Oddly enough, none of the people doing it come to the forums and defend it.

People nightcap to go emp, similar to how people go emp on empty campaigns. People nightcap to actually KILL people. Even the most glorified ball Zergs ultimately end up dead in a field in primetime. Dead to a bunch of pugs no less. That’s why there’s these frenzied 24v1’s in the middle of the night lol.

Tinfoil hats ftw.
    Australians BTFO.

They’re not Aussies lol. I know these people. I’m enemies with some. Friends with others. I talk to them. They’re nightcappers period. The run primetime PcNA. They play purposefully when the campaign is dead to go emp just like people have always played dead campaigns. Lol. How hard is that to grasp?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re not Aussies lol. I know these people. I’m enemies with some. Friends with others. I talk to them. They’re nightcappers period. The run primetime PcNA. They play purposefully when the campaign is dead to go emp just like people have always played dead campaigns. Lol. How hard is that to grasp?

How hard is it to grasp that a game that is played 24/7 by players from all around the world can not (and should not) care about you personally?

Your sleeping habits have no impact on the server, and that is by design.
    shades.gif

• SeliniaHlaalu
    SeliniaHlaalu
    ✭✭
    #nonightcapping
    #notmycyrodiil
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    idea.gif

At least I could get a decent slice of Pizza, the Pizza in south Florida sucks.

South Florida is full. I am all for you moving out. LOL
  • AlanTheDragonLord
    AlanTheDragonLord
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Australian and play AD. When I wake up in the morning, if I log into the game I see that the American EP or DC players have taken over the map. I go off to work and think about the fun I'll have when I get into the game later on. When I finish work and log into the game, I join the effort by other Australians and Asians and Americans (who work shifts and play during their night) to take back the keeps that were lost to the Americans. Most of them are asleep now, so we face small-group opposition instead of the 100-man groups that exist during US prime time. We still mostly have fun, and then we go to sleep, knowing the cycle repeats the next day. This is the game. We understand that. That's what makes it fun.

But that's the way the game was designed, for a global market, to engage in the ebb and flow of faction war, a war that never stops, that's always going, day and night, ad infinitum.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 2, 2019 11:07PM
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    Everyone knows the night capping issue pvp has had for a long time.
    What if instead of a 3 bar population limit, it dropped to a 2 bar limit for the four hours that are worst affected?

No it is fine.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please leave your office hours so we know when to attack. lol
    Don't you think this horse is dead?
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please leave your office hours so we know when to attack. lol
    Don't you think this horse is dead?

You KNOW when to attack lol.
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks nightcapping or capturing keeps in general doesn’t matter anymore? This game has been out for 5 years and PvP in Cyrodiil hasn’t changed at all. Capturing keeps doesn’t matter anymore. At best you win 50 Transmutation stones and some gold.
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love the comment about “others” setting their alarm to nightcap. I think someone let their own plan out inadvertently
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for baiting and flaming, both being against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helios777 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks nightcapping or capturing keeps in general doesn’t matter anymore? This game has been out for 5 years and PvP in Cyrodiil hasn’t changed at all. Capturing keeps doesn’t matter anymore. At best you win 50 Transmutation stones and some gold.

Agree. Instead we deserve to have a new map or content. With this energy some use here we could have something constructive going as a community.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agree. Instead we deserve to have a new map or content. With this energy some use here we could have something constructive going as a community.

We deserve better PERFORMANCE!
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We deserve better PERFORMANCE!

The performance is something that should be taken for granted . The night capping is something that we players have a good picture. Seems we are divided by the root and cause of it. What was the idea is that I agree with @helios777 and we should be united to have our voice heard by the company. Instead of complaining and throwing dirt we should have a constructive goal. What type of pvp we want to have and what can be improved, added or taken away.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • AlanTheDragonLord
    AlanTheDragonLord
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of complaining and throwing dirt we should have a constructive goal. What type of pvp we want to have and what can be improved, added or taken away.

I agree completely, but it'd be nice if these discussions didn't include blaming all those people outside the US for cheating or exploiting the game as 'nightcappers' when they're just playing the game in their own prime time daylight/evening hours. And it'd be nice if those discussions understood that ZOS have only 2 servers for the world, one in NA and one in EU. People in Australia still speak English, so they avoid the EU one which, I hear, has mostly Russians on it, not to mention the NA server has better latency than the EU server.

When discussions are framed in such a way that 'everyone outside the US who are playing the game while we're sleeping are dirty exploiters spoiling it for the rest of us', they're not only alienating a lot of non-US players who simply want to play the game in their part of the world, but they're also misunderstanding the nature of this game aimed at a global market.

This game is not designed to favour only American players and hamper everyone else, nor should it be changed to do that. Discussions on how ZOS should change the game to suit American prime-time players are unfair and unreasonable to everyone outside the US.
    Edited by AlanTheDragonLord on August 4, 2019 10:03PM
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of complaining and throwing dirt we should have a constructive goal. What type of pvp we want to have and what can be improved, added or taken away.

I agree completely, but it'd be nice if these discussions didn't include blaming all those people outside the US for cheating or exploiting the game as 'nightcappers' when they're just playing the game in their own prime time daylight/evening hours. And it'd be nice if those discussions understood that ZOS have only 2 servers for the world, one in NA and one in EU. People in Australia still speak English, so they avoid the EU one which, I hear, has mostly Russians on it, not to mention the NA server has better latency than the EU server.

When discussions are framed in such a way that 'everyone outside the US who are playing the game while we're sleeping are dirty exploiters spoiling it for the rest of us', they're not only alienating a lot of non-US players who simply want to play the game in their part of the world, but they're also misunderstanding the nature of this game aimed at a global market.

This game is not designed to favour only American players and hamper everyone else, nor should it be changed to do that. Discussions on how ZOS should change the game to suit American prime-time players are unfair and unreasonable to everyone outside the US.

THANK YOU!
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of you "champs" who deride the skills of those filthy nightcappers should just set your alarms and awesome yourself all over them.

And any faction loyalists, you need to ask yourself how much do you love your faction.
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Low pop bonus needs to be more real time or tick more often than it currently does.
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭

All The Best

I am going to assume you are amrican and accusing all of the aussie and european players of night capping, my suggestion, stop going to sleep while we are just finishing dinner and getting on the computer to play, if you americans just stayed up till 5am to play our time, there would be a more balanced map :D
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    On another note, the only thing that could possibly fix this is a 24hr reset.. every day, map resets and starts again, everyone has their keeps and scrolls... 1,2,3.. start over

it would stop gate camping for days on end too
    Edited by ShenaniganSquad on August 16, 2019 1:27PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All The Best

I am going to assume you are amrican and accusing all of the aussie and european players of night capping, my suggestion, stop going to sleep while we are just finishing dinner and getting on the computer to play, if you americans just stayed up till 5am to play our time, there would be a more balanced map :D

nah they would just join AD too
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    Everyone knows the night capping issue pvp has had for a long time.
    What if instead of a 3 bar population limit, it dropped to a 2 bar limit for the four hours that are worst affected?

What if it is daytime where I live should it still be 4 bars? Maybe I could take a picture of the sun high in the sky and upload it to the game as proof.

But seriously, 2 bar limit would do nothing at all any suggestion that would have an effect would literally be telling players across the world or that work different hours they are less important and their money is less desired.

Cyrodiil was designed and intended to be 24 hours a day and the very fact that there have been buffs to make the faction that is stronger at the moment even stronger shows it was never designed to be truly competitive PvP.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

All The Best

Tinfoil hats ftw.
    Australians BTFO.

I'm pretty sure I'm an Aussie.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue isn't Oceanic players logging in to play at whatever time, it's that they all log into the same faction so there is no resistance from the other factions.
    I honestly just don't understand how that can be remotely enjoyable, essentially you are playing an entirely different game from others, basically PVE.
    Surely it's obvious that if you spread across all factions you'll have a better PVP experience?
    Unfortunately, there is no incoming Oceanic server, so this is here to stay. I just wished people would spread out so the map isn't one colour all evening - And I'm sure it would be a lot more fun for those of you who actually want to PVP, not PVDoor.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    The issue isn't Oceanic players logging in to play at whatever time, it's that they all log into the same faction so there is no resistance from the other factions.
    I honestly just don't understand how that can be remotely enjoyable, essentially you are playing an entirely different game from others, basically PVE.
    Surely it's obvious that if you spread across all factions you'll have a better PVP experience?
    Unfortunately, there is no incoming Oceanic server, so this is here to stay. I just wished people would spread out so the map isn't one colour all evening - And I'm sure it would be a lot more fun for those of you who actually want to PVP, not PVDoor.

I wonder if this is true. Having this large of a population imbalance during Oceanic prime time seems odd. Is that all it is, or is there a very large group of AD NA players logging on during Oceanic hours to cause this? Either scenario seems a bit far fetched, but there’s no denying the much greater numbers of AD during this time.