Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crit vs wep dmg

Mettaricana
Mettaricana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
My stam sorc has 64% crit and 5.2k wep dmg would less wep dmg more crit be better in the overall long run comboed with say the shadow?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that unbuffed?

Or, are those numbers inflated with buffs?

Type of content you play?

Might be better to post a screenshot unbuffed. Since sustain is important too ...
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is that unbuffed?

Might be better to post a screenshot unbuffed. Since sustain is important too ...

No worries bout the other stuff regen etc just needing to lnow if its better to have more crit less wep dmg or reverse it?
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That seems great the way it is. That’s great crit for high weapon damage
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that unbuffed?

Those specs...doesn't have to worry about sustain. ;)
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If i get time ill post screen shots 64% crit 5200 wep dmg, 18.8k health, 35k stam 2280 stam rec.

Been debating on changing her up for more crit if it was more viable than that high wep dmg
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure as with most things in this game it's very situational and you'll need to run some tests that measure things over a decent amount of time so you get reliable results. So compare your DPS on a 6-mil dummy now vs. if you change the setup for more crit and compare what you're doing on the dummy?
    Testing like that might be hard to do in the real game because it's hard to replicate exact fights etc.
    I don't think anyone can give you a real answer, even with knowing the exact setup before vs. after. Probably the closest you can get to that is the build editor online and I'm not sure how reliable it is. Anything that's supposed to be doing math calculations but which has a disclaimer saying that the results might not be accurate makes me hesitate to use and trust it.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My stam sorc has 64% crit and 5.2k wep dmg would less wep dmg more crit be better in the overall long run comboed with say the shadow?

Is for PvE or PvP?

If it's for PvP, then you should keep it as it is. Shadow is kind of useless when everyone runs impen, and it doesn't help with crit heals.

For PvE, maybe it could be useful if the wpn dmg you lose is at least less than a 10% (4.7 k)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick