Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to play char in PVP and PVE (and be good at it)?

perolord
perolord
✭✭✭
Hello.
Soooo i have NB who was PVP build, but if i have PVP build, than this build is useless in PVE....

I also have WARDEN who i like more than NB, but also... if i want PVP i need to have PVP build/gear... if i want PVE i need PVE build/gear....

So i have question, is there a build that is viable in PVE and PVP (fun to play ) but RANGED, because i love ranged gameplay...

Soo, please help me, this is killing me last few months...

Maybe also, if there is addon that i can switch between PVP and PVE (but still, can not switch atributes and CP).

Thank you, wish you great day.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the main difference is the PvP need for Crit resists I.e. Running impen train. It does virtually nothing for you in PvE, this its wasted

So ideally you pop a set on that gives you the crit resist for PvP.

What level of PvE content are you doing? It's easy to find a setup for both if you having fun, if you trying for vMol skin that's another story!

PC players will suggest add ON's I'm sure as there are some
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For swapping, get either Dressing Room or Alpha Gear. These addons allow you to save skill/gear combinations and swap them out with one hotkey.
    For CP allocation, take a look at Champion Point Respec.

After that, it depends on what PvE content you want to play.
    On my NB, I have completely different gear and skill bars for PvP and PvE. There are some compromises where you have to decide which morph to use, but those are not very many.

I have my CP allocated for PvE because I only play no-CP campaigns and battlegrounds.

In the end, the setup is not optimised but viable for vet dungeons and normal trials. As usual for DDs, rotation is everything, so a bit of non-optimised setup can be tolerated if you know how to press your buttons.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't play a tank, then swapping between PvP and PvE is easy.
    You just need to have two different gear combinations and swap them via Dressing Room.
    You can even share one set between both PvE and PvP builds if you slot that set in weapons and jewelry.

Next to reduce the amount of CP changing, you can optimize the CPs for PvE and play only BGs and/or non CP Cyrodiil campaigns.

You'll have to have a lot of spare skill points to unlock all the relevant skills and passives.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    magicka: bright throat boast + alfiq + valkyn skoria (7 pieces impen trait), Cp put some points into crit resistance, total you have 2,5k crit resistance. Not a huge waist for PvE. You will need less thaumaturge for PvP but it is still not a huge waist, since you are going to have more single target dmg. I would optimise everything for PvP and you can still do fine in veteran dungeons. PvP is unforgiving and you are not going to do veteran trials with a PvP gear, anyway. Only dlc veteran trials are comparable to PvP.
    Edited by albertberku on July 31, 2019 9:16AM
  • perolord
    perolord
    ✭✭✭
    I do not have idea wha to do =) hehe... i want to be good in PVP and PVE on 1 character.. but this seems like not doable =).
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perolord wrote: »
    I do not have idea wha to do =) hehe... i want to be good in PVP and PVE on 1 character.. but this seems like not doable =).

It is definitely doable. You either have to settle for not being 100% effective in one or the other, change gear and campion points and skill morphs when you switch, or spec for pve cp and play nocp pvp while switching between two gear sets. The addons mentioned above, Alpha Gear/Dressing Room and Champion Point Respec, will help a ton if you decide to change you champion points and gear. I only pvp and pve on my main, and I do both well.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

It is definitely doable. You either have to settle for not being 100% effective in one or the other, Snip

This, I'd say it's better to spec for PvP and deal with the PvE hit because a PvE build will not fly at all in PvP unless you are an expert at your class and even then, you'll only kill turnips.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can do both on one character. You probably can't do both in the same gear and bar setup.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you build for both, you will do neither very well. Sure, you can make a build that will do both, but your PVE damage will be sub-optimal and/or your will feel squishy in PVP.

Impen is BIS in PVP and 100% useless in PVE. That is your biggest thing you need to get around. Crit resist can also be obtained through CP, again, an important stat in PVP and useless in PVE.

Dont get me wrong, people run dungeons in their PVP gear all the time and go zerg surfing in Cyro with PVE gear, but you are certainly putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on August 2, 2019 8:21PM
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Just spec for PVP. It’s better to be speced and prepared for PVP and run dungeons that way than to be speced for PVE and run PVP. PVP will show you no remorse on a PVE build and you will get obliterated. I do both but I’m not a hardcore endgame content guy as much as I am a PVP guy. I still can solo a fair amount of dungeons and almost all overland content on my warden even though it’s a PVP build.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is. Read to what people are suggesting
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get yourself 2 gear setups.
    Don't forget to change your mundus if you need
    Play non cp pvp, lets you use your cp for pve without switching 10 times a day.

Now you need to make a decision: what is more important? Pvp or pve? Morph your skills that way.

I focused on pvp, missing a few BiS morphs on my skills. But I'm still rocking 40k dps solo on the 6 mill dummy with a hundings+briarheart setup and do fairly well in pve content
    Absolutly not the best, yes. But more than good enough to do everything the game has to offer.

Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy:
    Learn that in PVE you go full glass canon & need a rotation.

In PVP, you build for defense first but you have a “kill combo” instead of a rotation.
    Edited by kaithuzar on August 1, 2019 10:03PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello.
    Soooo i have NB who was PVP build, but if i have PVP build, than this build is useless in PVE....

I also have WARDEN who i like more than NB, but also... if i want PVP i need to have PVP build/gear... if i want PVE i need PVE build/gear....

So i have question, is there a build that is viable in PVE and PVP (fun to play ) but RANGED, because i love ranged gameplay...

Soo, please help me, this is killing me last few months...

Maybe also, if there is addon that i can switch between PVP and PVE (but still, can not switch atributes and CP).

Thank you, wish you great day.

If you want to be DD, then my anwer is: NO.
    If you want to be a tank, then my answer is: definitely YES... for that NB... as long as it is a stamina build. A tanky PvP build may prove viable in some easy content like normal and some vet non-dlc dungeons. Definitely not trials.
    THere are addons for switching gear and skills. I use it all the time to switch between builds, also between PvP and PvE. Install Minion and search in it.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I main a Magden & this works for me. I don't run trials, so this may not work for you.

Sets I always have at the ready: (pvpve) Necro, (pve) bright, (pvp) trans, (pve) spc, (pvp) spinners, & prepping (pvp) Wyrd tree for some solo pvp testing next update. Gold weapons, enchants, monster sets so far.

BG's Cp doesn't matter
    PvE I heal, easy queue & role.
    Only pvp cp I invest in 1000+ res
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do no-CP pvp, and leave your CP for PvE. Have a gear for PvP, and then another setup for PvE. Might have to change your mundus but if you have a guildmate with mundus stones on their houses it's not that inconvienient, because honestly, I'd only change mundus for PvE if I'm raiding, I'm doing a random dung it doesnt really matter if I have regen or damage mundus tbh.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do no-CP pvp, and leave your CP for PvE. Have a gear for PvP, and then another setup for PvE. Might have to change your mundus but if you have a guildmate with mundus stones on their houses it's not that inconvienient, because honestly, I'd only change mundus for PvE if I'm raiding, I'm doing a random dung it doesnt really matter if I have regen or damage mundus tbh.

Agree, unless you plan to be solo/1vX in Cyro cp pve to pvp won't matter that much in small/zerg playstyle.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can spec a character for PVP and still have it perfectly serviceable in PVE. You have to make hard choices about skill morphs to be able to do both, but when it comes down to it you can safely favour PVP and sacrifice a little PVE efficiency.

You can't min/max for both, you'll just have to suck it up and grind an alt if that's what you want. But there's no need to min/max for PVE, and the only people who would expect you to are sweaty raid guild autists who want you to burn down a boss 0.003 seconds faster. Whereas in PVP, you need every edge you can get to compete.

Personally my solution is to play no-CP PVP and just throw CP points wherever I want when I remember I have them. Honestly I'm nowhere near the CP cap, and it already feels like the game is too easy. By the time you pass CP 600 or so, the only thing stopping you being able to solo the entire game is insta-kill boss attacks and other such BS mechanics
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i do everything with my magplar. I do pvp (3 stars with the right gear), i main healer in vet trials and 50+ dps (on 6mil) if needed. I just change gear and skills.
    You should change cp everytime you switch between pvp and pve, but if you know well your class and your role you can set cp for pvp and do everything
    Edited by jecks33 on August 2, 2019 5:32PM
    PC-EU