Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

I'm sure this has been asked before? But what's a good ratio of distributing ability points?

SocialAssassin
SocialAssassin
✭✭✭
I am playing a Nightbalde well technically an Umbrial assassin. Who's primary stat is Stamina. I hope one day I will eventually do PVP? Thanks :)
“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett

Best Answer

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is almost no scenario where you should be putting anything into magic for stamina nightblade. If you PVP, tri stat glyphs are your friend, and will boost your magic a bit if needed. As a stamblade what you might care about more than raw magic is magic regen so you can spam cloak and that sort of thing, but the answer is 0 pts into magic unless you are tanking.

For health, the answer is as much as you need to stay alive and not a point more. Of course that is a loaded answer, but the reality is that for the vast majority of endgame players, that answer is ZERO.

For Stamina, dump everything that's left.

Of my 17 characters, other than my Stam Necro (who puts some into health because I run parse food), and my DK tank (who has a bit in each), they all of 64 into either magic or stam.

Okay? Why is it a loaded question?

Only because you are going to get a different answer from everyone. Adequate health to me is about 16k for pretty much any PVE content. That is going to be very glassy for a lot of people and overkill for others.
    Answer ✓
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All attitude points into your main damage stat, unless you are a tank.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All attitude points into your main damage stat, unless you are a tank.

This

Hybrids are an exception but hybrids are far from optimal builds to begin with.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never encountered a scenario where I don't dump all my attribute points into a single stat. That's not to say I don't upgrade my max stats elsewhere, but with the attribute points themselves? I just throw them all into whichever stat is most important for my build. If I need more health, magicka, or stamina, I can just use armor enchantments, mundus stones, or a dozen other methods to make up the difference.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is almost no scenario where you should be putting anything into magic for stamina nightblade. If you PVP, tri stat glyphs are your friend, and will boost your magic a bit if needed. As a stamblade what you might care about more than raw magic is magic regen so you can spam cloak and that sort of thing, but the answer is 0 pts into magic unless you are tanking.

For health, the answer is as much as you need to stay alive and not a point more. Of course that is a loaded answer, but the reality is that for the vast majority of endgame players, that answer is ZERO.

Of my 17 characters, other than my Stam Necro (who puts some into health because I run parse food), and my DK tank (who has a bit in each), they all of 64 into either magic or stam.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with above. For a mag char I'd put all 64 into mag. 64 into stam for a stam char. Health is base but brought up to a decent level (17-20k) via undaunted passive, food, and one more shot of HP from either a skill passive, set or (last resort) enchanting a big piece of armor with health.

Hybrid - you're on your own. Lol.

Tank - I think in terms of what I want the end result to be. In my case for a classic DK main tank, I want about 40k health, 23k stam and 23k mag. The attributes are divided up yes, but there is lots of tweaking you can do via sets, foods and enchantments to fine tune the final result.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭

“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with above. For a mag char I'd put all 64 into mag. 64 into stam for a stam char. Health is base but brought up to a decent level (17-20k) via undaunted passive, food, and one more shot of HP from either a skill passive, set or (last resort) enchanting a big piece of armor with health.

Hybrid - you're on your own. Lol.

Tank - I think in terms of what I want the end result to be. In my case for a classic DK main tank, I want about 40k health, 23k stam and 23k mag. The attributes are divided up yes, but there is lots of tweaking you can do via sets, foods and enchantments to fine tune the final result.

You mean 64K? Right
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not a loaded question, it's a loaded answer - because it doesn't really answer the question. "As much as you need" is not an answer to "how much do I need?" :D
    But as Oreyn said - it's usually everything into magicka or stamina. Maybe up to 5 points into health if you're running more solo stuff or want to PvP but nothing into your secondary resource.

No, 64 points.
    All in all, you get to spend 64 attribute points. Most PvE players (except tanks) put all 64 of them into their primary stat.
    If you are referring to tanks - no, around 40k health is the usual guideline - not a strict requirement but the general ballpark where your health should land at the end.
    Edited by Varana on July 30, 2019 11:02AM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to @Varana for the clarification. Yes, my 'shorthand' of all 64 meant attribute points. And the stats I mentioned for my tank are the end result in terms of actual health, magicka, stamina - using whatever stat allocation gets you within that ball park, factoring in the sets you intend to use. Then fine tune via armor enchantments.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    It's not a loaded question, it's a loaded answer - because it doesn't really answer the question. "As much as you need" is not an answer to "how much do I need?" :D
    But as Oreyn said - it's usually everything into Magicka or stamina. Maybe up to 5 points into health if you're running more solo stuff or want to PvP but nothing into your secondary resource.

No, 64 points.
    All in all, you get to spend 64 attribute points. Most PvE players (except tanks) put all 64 of them into their primary stat.
    If you are referring to tanks - no, around 40k health is the usual guideline - not a strict requirement but the general ballpark where your health should land at the end.

Thank you very much, for explaining this. This answered my question perfectly.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭

Only because you are going to get a different answer from everyone. Adequate health to me is about 16k for pretty much any PVE content. That is going to be very glassy for a lot of people and overkill for others.

Okay, thanks :)