Absolute 1st priority should be to fix necromancer - many feel they have bought a broken product.

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
It was with great dismay that I read the last patch notes - and I believe many others share that feeling.

I had really hoped that this patch was the big "fix necromancer patch". I fully appreciate that with the severe bugs which haunt the necromancer class it might take some time to get straightened out.

However, at this point, we are so far behind the launch of the class - a class that the developers actually have prided themselves in due to the fact that it has been so long in development and testing - it is embarrasing that there has been absolute zero improvement on its performance.

Players understand that there are teething issues with computer games and things take time to get working properly. I don't think anyone expect things to work flawlessly right away - we are not that naive (though we like to grunt about it). But at this point in time, there has been shown zero initiative to get the class working, and taking into consideration how long the class' bugs have been allowed to persist without no attempt to fix them, I think that many are genuinely surprised by the lack of management.

There has been dozens and dozens af threads reporting bugs with the class, but all the feedback has fallen for deaf ears.

Okay, so there is a new developer team handling PvP, and I understand that they are eager to make combat changes - but in all honesty, at this point in time, the absolute 1st priority for the team should be to fix the most broken and wonky class the game has ever seen (and Cyrodiil performance, of course).

I would bet that the vast majority of players in this game would much, much rather have a game that works and performs well rather than seeing tweaks and changes to numbers and abilities.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS
Edited by Baphomet on July 30, 2019 8:42AM
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that pve community doesn't like the changes to healing and meta being put upside down again it's a mystery to me why so much resources being spent on those things and not on fixing bugs such as necro, broken telegraphs and stuff like that...
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was like eight months after release before Warden was even viable in PVE. Just be glad you have the most ludicrously overbudgeted ult in the game.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game performance is #1 for me. Bugs, especially ones related to skills and combat, are #2. When / if these are taken care of I will consider resubbing or paying for new content.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro is pretty bad. But, you play it like a stam sorc...all weapon skills and blastbones. You even have to slot less optimal class skills to get critical passives just like a stam sorc. You just miss the speed, mobility, sustain and healing of a stam sorc in exchange for damage mitigation and a good ultimate. It is not great pvp, but functional. PVE both stam versions do very good dps.

Because of mechanics, the Blastbones and tethers will always be problems.
  • Vortigaunt
    Vortigaunt
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah? How do you think us magdens feel
  • ArenGesus
    ArenGesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance should be the priority, as the entire game is broken right now (for many of us) rather than just the latest additional class. I think we'll be waiting it out together though because neither seem to be the top priority at the moment.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're just working on churning stuff out right now. If it works, great. If not, well, you've already bought it.
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magden.
  • Xogath
    Xogath
    ✭✭✭
    How exactly is Necro broken? I'll agree that all of the Magcro rotations I've seen are.. chaotic.. and DEFINITELY need timing tweaks, but outside of that.. my Stamcro has played flawlessly, from leveling up to post-50 content.

My only real complaint being how l9ng it takes Blastbones to actually do damage, and that Detonating Siphon seems incredibly weak.

I agree with @ArenGesus, though: the performance of this game should be making everything else take a back seat.

At this point in the game's life, with such a wide audience on many outlets, things like performance and server issies are going to be put under the microscope to the point that it will cost the company revenue.

Now, that's not to say that I simply expect the game to have DX1W/Vulkan API support perfectly implemented after a regular patch cycle.. not at all. That kind of work takes time.. to be done well; and that's what this game needs at this point.

Rushing things out like API implementation, Engine changes or an Engine overhaul would do more harm than good. If it's going to get an overhaul at all (which, let's face it.. we'd all love), it needs to be done right, from start to finish.

If the game is not only fun but runs great AND can look great? People will talk. People will brag. More people will check the game out and potentially spend money on it.

If it continues to run like hot garbage with ever-growing latency issues.. people will talk. Badly. And it will inevitably lead to the end of the game.

That said, after Elsweyr has all played out, I'd give the next year of content updates up for proper optimization, overhauls, API implementations, etc. without a single complaint.

Could you imagine full DX12/Vulkan support that fully utilized today's hardware? Paired with stable, smooth servers across all aspects of the game? (This means Cyrodiil, too!)

It would be lovely.

Cyrodiil could likely be helped in the immediate short term by disabling all campaigns but L50 No-CP, but that's another argument for another time. :)
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xogath wrote: »
    How exactly is Necro broken? I'll agree that all of the Magcro rotations I've seen are.. chaotic.. and DEFINITELY need timing tweaks, but outside of that.. my Stamcro has played flawlessly, from leveling up to post-50 content.

My only real complaint being how l9ng it takes Blastbones to actually do damage, and that Detonating Siphon seems incredibly weak.

I agree with @ArenGesus, though: the performance of this game should be making everything else take a back seat.

At this point in the game's life, with such a wide audience on many outlets, things like performance and server issies are going to be put under the microscope to the point that it will cost the company revenue.

Now, that's not to say that I simply expect the game to have DX1W/Vulkan API support perfectly implemented after a regular patch cycle.. not at all. That kind of work takes time.. to be done well; and that's what this game needs at this point.

Rushing things out like API implementation, Engine changes or an Engine overhaul would do more harm than good. If it's going to get an overhaul at all (which, let's face it.. we'd all love), it needs to be done right, from start to finish.

If the game is not only fun but runs great AND can look great? People will talk. People will brag. More people will check the game out and potentially spend money on it.

If it continues to run like hot garbage with ever-growing latency issues.. people will talk. Badly. And it will inevitably lead to the end of the game.

That said, after Elsweyr has all played out, I'd give the next year of content updates up for proper optimization, overhauls, API implementations, etc. without a single complaint.

Could you imagine full DX12/Vulkan support that fully utilized today's hardware? Paired with stable, smooth servers across all aspects of the game? (This means Cyrodiil, too!)

It would be lovely.

Cyrodiil could likely be helped in the immediate short term by disabling all campaigns but L50 No-CP, but that's another argument for another time. :)

Your toon does not spin 180 degree when trying to cast siphon?
    Your blastbones does not get indecisive on whether to jump at the target or no?
    Cuz mine does. And it's hell of annoying.
    If you are not in the target's face you can't execute your rotation.
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    The braided tether heal disappears if you use it on a player and the player releases. It also breaks on LOS really easily which makes it heavily inconsistent.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xogath wrote: »
    A lot of the problems with Necromancer are PvP related, or at least primarily become apparent in PvP. Things like Blastbones getting really confused by terrain, or being too slow to catch anyone that's moving away from you - even if they're doing so at a non-buffed, non-sprinting speed. Or the Spirit Mender deciding it just wants to float around on top of you and not cast any heals. Then there is the issue with tethers constantly being broken by the need to LOS the corpses they were used on, or when a targeted player respawns. Not to mention the fact that you can't do any meaningful damage with Mystic Siphon; unlike NPCs, players generally aren't going to casually stand in your beam or ground AOE.

Then there are the design flaws around lacking a worthwhile stun (again, only really matters in PvP), and having bad offensive options in the class toolkit:
    1) Blastbones has the issues I've already mentioned above, plus extremely low HP.

2) Avid Boneyard's synergy is much too finnicky with positioning, and just generally not very good (even with a gimmicky build using 3x Harmony, there are many situations where you won't be able to land it reliably, and even then the damage isn't anything I've been terribly impressed by).

3) Mystic Siphon, as mentioned previously, is a pretty terrible skill. Even being free, I don't think I could find a bar slot for it, despite it being the only "sustain skill" that Magicka Necromancers get. And that's saying a lot, given how terrible Magicka Necromancer sustain is for PvP.

4) The Skeletal Mage (notice I said Mage and not Arcanist - morphing the skill simply makes it worse in PvP) finally has decent damage, doing roughly the same amount per-tick as the new Entropy or Soul Trap. But, you can't choose its target, and it's not "sticky" like those other DOTs. If someone gets out of your line of sight, they'll stop taking damage from the Mage, whereas other DOTs will continue ticking. I suppose it has the advantage of not being cleansable, but generally speaking I think I'd prefer another "regular" DOT...but at least it's not like the live version, which has horrendously low damage for PvP.

5) Ricochet Skull is finnicky with weaving, and clips light attacks really frequently. I think Force Pulse or Crushing Shock will generally be better next patch.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is wrong with Necromancer?

Blastbones greys out more often than not and stays greyed out until swap your bar. So you have double swap to be able to use it again. Super annoying.

Detonating syphon and pretty much all tether skills more often than not turns your character around without casting the skill.

And this is on a stamcro. I play it in endgame trials. And it's really frustrating.

Other issues are mostly fixed on PTS. But these 2 still remains.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://streamable.com/o4hfh

^ There, this is fundamentally wrong with necro. (detonating syphon btw)
    Edited by xMovingTarget on July 31, 2019 5:37PM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different teams focus on numbers
    Different teams focus on bugs
    Different teams focus on performance

You can't say "We should quit progressing with X to focus on Y"

You can't throw X experience at Y and expect good things to come from it, only so much effort and testing can be put into one thing at a time, just because X is progressing doesn't mean Y is being neglected.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one problem. THE FREAKING UNDEAD PETS DO NOT WORK!