Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Remove Faction Lock

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Faction Lock is hurting exploiters that can no longer cheat the leaderboard for 10+ 30-day rewards. FTFY

Everyone else is fine because they play on only one faction for leaderboard rewards like a correct person. If you want to play with your friends on another faction, go to another campaign - AP is AP. The only reason why you'd complain is because you're after the leaderboard so you can exploit it. You can't cheat anymore - get over it.

this ^

Faction lock literally only caters to role players. Everyone else who has friends of pve’s to get gems, or just plays cross faction because why not gets screwed.
    All of you ignorant role players just assume everyone’s a cheater which is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.
    Plus the “go to another campaign” argument is pathetically weak because the only populated campaign is the 30 day while the remaining 3 are empty ghost towns. This is on Xbox NA.
    I don’t even understand how you can exploit leaderboards in cyrodiil unless you’re just saying people try to get on boards to aquire more gems which isn’t even exploiting...
    Your true ignorance is showing

oh no, how DARE people roleplay in a roleplaying game!?
    @frostz417 you know exactly why faction locks were put in place. It was to stop people faction hopping to the winning alliance and to cut down on "spying". Seems to be working well. Glad it is in. Also, you know what? If all the complainers went to these dead campaigns, they wouldn't be dead anymore! Problem solved! Also, calm down on the "true ignorance" thing. Whining on the forums isn't going to change anything.

I can say the exact thing to you if the 7 day was locked and the 30 day wasn’t. You know why? Because the major population doesn’t care. They only go for the first campaign option and go for the rewards and everyone knows the other 3 campaigns are dead.
    Also, it doesn’t cut down on spying because people can just make other accounts and lfg easily or just have other guildies communicate.
    Also I don’t know of a single person who hops on the winning side. If anything most small scalers and other players hop to the losing side.
    But of course you role players can’t process such things with your lack of brain power.

Is this "everyone I know" a big enough group of people to be statistically representative of all the players on your main campaign, whichever that was?

Which Campaign/server/platform are you, BTW? I'm really curious to figure out if some of this is a console/PC difference.

Players who played last summer on PC/NA Vivec may remember that EP was the beneficiary of several months worth of bandwagoners (as seen in a wave of new names and @names during primetime that regular EP players in that time slot did not recognize) who insured EP dominance until AD pulled out a win and suddenly they were gone, only to reappear more equally spread out among the factions.

I don't know every player on my main campaign, LOL, far from it. But I do pay attention to what's going on in my main campaign, and last summer on PC/NA Vivec, we had a large example of the masses bandwagoning in favor of EP, and the complaint threads by DC and AD reflected that. At the time, you could see even from the forum threads that was a major reason why some players swapped to the underdog faction of AD or DC - it was explicitly to counteract the players bandwagoning on EP's success.

So whether or not it happens to players you know or on your campaign, bandwagoning happened in sufficient numbers on PC/NA Vivec to drive multiple players to other factions to counterbalance the extra numbers.

I am on Xbox Na, so there really isn’t that much of a “we’re spies and we jump the bandwagon’’ in cyrodiil.
    Maybe it’s different on PC like you said but here on Xbox NA it’s not like that.
    If anything the lock has screwed a lot of us, especially the Pve population who entered just to aquire gems for their rewards
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Faction Lock is hurting exploiters that can no longer cheat the leaderboard for 10+ 30-day rewards. FTFY

Everyone else is fine because they play on only one faction for leaderboard rewards like a correct person. If you want to play with your friends on another faction, go to another campaign - AP is AP. The only reason why you'd complain is because you're after the leaderboard so you can exploit it. You can't cheat anymore - get over it.

this ^

Faction lock literally only caters to role players. Everyone else who has friends of pve’s to get gems, or just plays cross faction because why not gets screwed.
    All of you ignorant role players just assume everyone’s a cheater which is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.
    Plus the “go to another campaign” argument is pathetically weak because the only populated campaign is the 30 day while the remaining 3 are empty ghost towns. This is on Xbox NA.
    I don’t even understand how you can exploit leaderboards in cyrodiil unless you’re just saying people try to get on boards to aquire more gems which isn’t even exploiting...
    Your true ignorance is showing

oh no, how DARE people roleplay in a roleplaying game!?
    @frostz417 you know exactly why faction locks were put in place. It was to stop people faction hopping to the winning alliance and to cut down on "spying". Seems to be working well. Glad it is in. Also, you know what? If all the complainers went to these dead campaigns, they wouldn't be dead anymore! Problem solved! Also, calm down on the "true ignorance" thing. Whining on the forums isn't going to change anything.

I can say the exact thing to you if the 7 day was locked and the 30 day wasn’t. You know why? Because the major population doesn’t care. They only go for the first campaign option and go for the rewards and everyone knows the other 3 campaigns are dead.
    Also, it doesn’t cut down on spying because people can just make other accounts and lfg easily or just have other guildies communicate.
    Also I don’t know of a single person who hops on the winning side. If anything most small scalers and other players hop to the losing side.
    But of course you role players can’t process such things with your lack of brain power.

Is this "everyone I know" a big enough group of people to be statistically representative of all the players on your main campaign, whichever that was?

Which Campaign/server/platform are you, BTW? I'm really curious to figure out if some of this is a console/PC difference.

Players who played last summer on PC/NA Vivec may remember that EP was the beneficiary of several months worth of bandwagoners (as seen in a wave of new names and @names during primetime that regular EP players in that time slot did not recognize) who insured EP dominance until AD pulled out a win and suddenly they were gone, only to reappear more equally spread out among the factions.

I don't know every player on my main campaign, LOL, far from it. But I do pay attention to what's going on in my main campaign, and last summer on PC/NA Vivec, we had a large example of the masses bandwagoning in favor of EP, and the complaint threads by DC and AD reflected that. At the time, you could see even from the forum threads that was a major reason why some players swapped to the underdog faction of AD or DC - it was explicitly to counteract the players bandwagoning on EP's success.

So whether or not it happens to players you know or on your campaign, bandwagoning happened in sufficient numbers on PC/NA Vivec to drive multiple players to other factions to counterbalance the extra numbers.

I am on Xbox Na, so there really isn’t that much of a “we’re spies and we jump the bandwagon’’ in cyrodiil.
    Maybe it’s different on PC like you said but here on Xbox NA it’s not like that.
    If anything the lock has screwed a lot of us, especially the Pve population who entered just to aquire gems for their rewards

Thanks! Its nice to know that your experience on Xbox NA is different and that bandwagoning and spying isnt a big issue!

Obviously, my experience on PC/NA in the CP 30 day is different, as historically we've unfortunately had a fair bit of bandwagoning.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 6, 2019 1:10AM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So another, better solution should be put into place. Such as maybe have locks at certain times like primetime and leave it open for the remainder of the time.

That's probably the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion for now just make a way out so people who make mistakes or don’t care about the leaderboards can switch to the faction they want. I don’t mean something you have to purchase with real money either. Make faction locks what they use to be where you could drop the campaign for AP or gold and then rehome it on the character/faction of your choice. Then work on the rest of it.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd support a free switch for 1 hour after you log in your 1st charcter.
    That way if you make a mistake you can swap over - just once, and only within an hour time-frame.
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    I only hate faction locks because there aren't enough PVPers to populate even one server off prime time hours and they won't let us faction change existing toons. My only options are playing half the characters I've invested in or just playing other games. I chose to cancel my plus membership and spend the money I'm saving on useless cosmetics in games that actually let me play all the characters I've invested time in.
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    Just remove it. Easy! You welcome. Nice job everyone. Thanks for agreeing!
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stricter faction lock please. Increase the total AP needed to get end of campaign rewards so people will stop coming and getting their 25K AP and relogging.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »
    Stricter faction lock please. Increase the total AP needed to get end of campaign rewards so people will stop coming and getting their 25K AP and relogging.

Yes just stop playing the game guys! That's a better way!
  • Necronhex
    Necronhex
    ✭✭✭
    I fought so hard for faction lock thank you ZOS for listening now all the Dolphins 🐬 are crying they can’t flip and cheat any more.
    Cry me a river Flippers and swim away.
    🐬(sound dolphins make)
    Necron Hex
    Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood all that and so much more. We are more than anything a union of like minded individuals.
    Lucien Lachance
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm at the point where I don't care about the faction-locked campaigns, that's great for those people, whatever, I just want ZOS to make a non-locked 30-day for those of us with friends in all three factions with unpredictable play schedules.
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    Necronhex wrote: »
    I fought so hard for faction lock thank you ZOS for listening now all the Dolphins 🐬 are crying they can’t flip and cheat any more.
    Cry me a river Flippers and swim away.
    🐬(sound dolphins make)

GJ you fought for a system that was implemented improperly and you celebrate because it's just you playing the game.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they need to go to forcing characters who are logged out of Cyrodiil to return outside of it like they do when it's full. Just make a time like half an hour minimum before that as you can still crash out.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Faction Lock has achieved is annoying people who have toons on multiple factions.

It fixed no issues, as there were no issues it could fix.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still yet to see any benefits of this huge restriction on how people can pvp. It was hard enough to find good fights when you could play any character on any campaign but now its just ridiculous. So tired of planning to pvp wih someone and then finding out we're locked to different alliances on that campaign.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far with lock I still saw:

A. Scroll trolling
    B. Score manipulation
    C. Hammer trolling
    D. Emp swapping
    E. Emp boosting
    F. Score imbalance

So, what is the lock accomplishing again?

EDIT: Forgot G. Scroll trading/swapping
    Edited by Kadoin on July 28, 2019 12:14AM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I <3 Faction lock!!!!
    Thank you so much :)
  • Shark2016
    Shark2016
    ✭✭✭
    no need to remove faction lock ! it is so very silly . one day you fight WITH someone, the very next day you fight AGAINST him/her. 2 hours later you fight WITH him/her again guess what ? another 30 minutes later you fight AGAINST him/her for the 100th time. so what ????? Do you do this when playing in a football team ? Today you play for city number one, tomorrow for city number two. back and forth ? guess not. so keep it real please. even in Eso. faction lock is the best thing ever !!!!!!
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shark2016 wrote: »
    no need to remove faction lock ! it is so very silly . one day you fight WITH someone, the very next day you fight AGAINST him/her. 2 hours later you fight WITH him/her again guess what ? another 30 minutes later you fight AGAINST him/her for the 100th time. so what ????? Do you do this when playing in a football team ? Today you play for city number one, tomorrow for city number two. back and forth ? guess not. so keep it real please. even in Eso. faction lock is the best thing ever !!!!!!

Comparing apples to oranges, this isn't football.

We bought this game to play on our free time. We didn't join a football team or joined the army.

These arguments are so.... lol.
    EU | PC
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    I understand why people want faction locks but I still see most of the things that it was suppose to stop. The only thing I see is less people playing.

#FreeNoCP

Less people playing = less lag in cryodiil. Working as intended. Come on, get with the program here LOL B)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for campaign lock, please keep it :)
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not another thread about faction locks PLEASE!!

Can we remove threads about faction locks please?

KEEP FACTION LOCKS. THANK YOU. Some folks like the faction locks and some don't. We don't know the actual numbers because many people don't frequent the forums but they still play pvp. Remember that faction locks were a thing a long time ago for us old school players and we liked them. :-)
    Edited by Earthewen on July 29, 2019 12:58PM
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shark2016 wrote: »

Should BGs be faction locked too then since I regularly play with and against the same people there? If you enjoy considering you alliance your team and want to be dedicated to it then that's up to you but it doesn't mean everyone enjoys doing that too.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why can I group up with enemy from other alliance to do dungeon?
    Why do I fight the one player, and next round he's on my team in BG?

No more switching sides!! Alliances should mean something!! Lock PVE and BG's too zos :trollface:

Or just remove the garbage called factionlock :smile:
    EU | PC
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love faction lock very much. Thank you, zos! <3
    Edited by EllieBlue on July 30, 2019 3:36PM
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    It hurts me to see that ZOS only listens to zerglings which sit in 24 man lfgs all day, run from emp keep to emp keep and call that PvP/AvA, because they are literally the only ones supporting faction lock.
    Talk to any smallscaler or actual PvPer that has an IQ higher than room temperature (in °C) and youll see none of them support faction lock, because if you lock your character to the winning alliance, you just wont get any good fights for the next 30 days and might as well not play ESO that month if you exclusively PVP.
    And before you come up with the argument, just play BGs, not everyone enjoys nonCP solo-queueing into sweaty 4 stacks all day.
    Another counter-argument zerglets with the pro faction-lock attitude have, "just play 7 day lol", yeah ill play the 7 day campaign with the other 5 people in there (except on mondays where there is like a whole 50 people pushing for emp of which 45 are on the same alliance).
    Imperial City is also dead af, was really hoping for that to turn out better than it did now on live-servers.

Logged in the other day (after several weeks of not logging on because elsweyr is boring dogsh!t) to check on how my friends, who I used to PVP with on a daily basis, are doing in ESO, and turns out most of them havent even logged in for weeks/months and literally play minecraft because cyro is just an unsalvageable mess and not fun right now.

Give us an alternative 30 day unlocked campaign (or turn the 7 day into 30 day, because 7 day is just for emp trading right now) or just remove faction lock overall.
    Or alternative solution, allow us to change to the currently losing faction of the campaign, doesnt even have to have any bonuses attached to it, but alot of people would appreciate it.
    ... also lower group size to max 12 in cyro, we dont need 24 man zergs to hit a door and run from flag to flag for AP, how about encouraging players to fight other players.
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need a 30 day campaign if you don't care for factions or scores?
    The 7 days is open for you right now, move there with all of your friends.....It's just that nobody is interested in joining it.
    I love faction locks, and I agree we should reduce groups to 12, but if you and a small group of players want to play a certain way, you'll have to make that happen by moving to the 7 day and affecting the play in that campaign.
    If everyone who complains about locks fooks off to the unlocked camp we will all be happier in theory, the issue is that you only want to farm potatoes and not many of them will follow you to the 7 day.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This may come as a shock, but friends don't always agree. Or always play at the same times of the day. Or prefer the same playstyles. Do all your friends always want pizza? Because the guys that would come along for pizza for social reasons even though they prefer Thai aren't going to be stuck eating pizza for a whole month.

If I want to duel or GvG with my friends or frenemies, we're going to arrange something on the side at our convenience, not compete over who can pvdoor the most keeps on an empty campaign with Akatosh only knows what for pugs and whomever is getting their emp achieve at 3am.

Expecting friends to take their limited playtime and somehow revitalize a dead campaign by not actually playing and socializing with each other just ain't gonna happen. We can just go play Civ 6 or ARK or something instead.
    Edited by NBrookus on August 2, 2019 5:27AM
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Why do you need a 30 day campaign if you don't care for factions or scores?
    The 7 days is open for you right now, move there with all of your friends.....It's just that nobody is interested in joining it.

Do you really think the people in the 30 day campaign care about scores or factions?
    No, no they dont.
    People play on Kaal... (new Vivec) because it has a decent population and that is not due to it being faction locked.
    It is due to it being the main campaign prior to elsweyr and every patch going back to One Tamriel (of which none had faction lock btw.), its just established as being the main campaign and that wont ever change, no matter if its faction locked or not.

Also the "Just tell your friends to go to 7 day lol"-argument:
    Yes because my friends and me play all day and always at the same time and are easily 300-450+ people to make a campaign playable (3 factions á 150-200 people is current pop-lock, it used to be way higher but it got reduced so many times without ZOS mentioning anything).
    Do you realize ESO doesnt have the population to support more than the 2 main campaigns? (30day cp/noncp).
    There is literally only a queue on weekends (or like a 10-man queue during prime time on the winning faction) and thats about it.
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Do you realize ESO doesnt have the population to support more than the 2 main campaigns? (30day cp/noncp)."
    And yet you are campaigning for another?

The campaigns were renamed entirely, there is /was no vivec to join. People chose based on how the campaign works and what it offers them. Stop trying to make it play into your failed narrative. Most people don't care about faction locks.