Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Storage boxes - increase the amount available for purchase

redlink1979
redlink1979
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Can we have some more storage boxes available for purchase, please? 30 and 60 slots and purchasable by the same methods, vouchers or crowns.
"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
  • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
  • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
  • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    In more styles!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want one huge box with 100,000 spaces. Customizable tabs with the ability to name them. Sort by name or set or value. Search function.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want more storage.
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd much prefer they just make the current ones to be able to hold more. 30 items is very, very few.

They could just straight-up double the capacities from 30/60 to 60/120 as a QOL improvement or make it some sort of unlockable upgrade. This would especially help ease a lot of housing building pain since it would allow builders to pull from an extra 360 stored furnishings, and the extra storage would give people the space to make more Crown furnishing purchases. Or for those not into housing, they can store up extra gear or whatever else.

Or... why not both! Bigger storage containers and more of them! :*<3

Edit: Corrected numbers.
    Edited by JHartEllis on July 12, 2019 2:51AM
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHartEllis wrote: »
    I'd much prefer they just make the current ones to be able to hold more. 15/30 items is very, very few.

They could just straight-up double the capacities from 15/30/30/60 to 30/60/60/120 as a QOL improvement or make it some sort of unlockable upgrade. This would especially help ease a lot of housing building pain since it would allow builders to pull from an extra 180/360 stored furnishings, and the extra storage would give people the space to make more Crown furnishing purchases. Or for those not into housing, they can store up extra gear or whatever else.

Or... why not both! Bigger storage containers and more of them! :*<3

Aren't the current storage crates 30/60?

Other than that, yes, I am constantly out of storage space. I would love to have more, especially for furniture.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Without more storage furnishings, I found that the Inventory Insight add-on and and placing like furniture in different "storage houses" is the best solution.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will take any extra storage, for sure, but the storage boxes are my least favorite way to store things because of the overhead to get things in and out of them.

What I'd really like is more BANK storage! :):)

Bank storage can be easily accessed by all characters and at crafting stations, which simplifies activities such as breaking down set pieces when I receive one with a better trait, and can be accessed via the mobile banker almost anywhere.

Mules require logging on and off again, but at least can still break down pieces at a crafting station without having to move things around because they can see both their own inventory and the bank's.

The storage boxes are all independent, require going to your home to access, and require transferring items back and forth to break them down. Usually the load screen isn't quite as long as re-logging, but in the end my mules are usually faster.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    @peacenote - I only use my storage boxes for furniture so I don't have the issues you mentioned but they are certainly vaild. More bank space would be very welcome!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭
    attunable weapon/armor racks. holds up to 15 pieces of armor of the same set. I suggested this years ago they never liked it
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @JHartEllis Current storage boxes have 30 and 60 slots.

@sueblue Not everyone has access to addons...

@peacenote I will take any space also. Bank, storage boxes or whatever.

@unclesheosnephew Racks and mannequins would be a nice way to store/display your items. Just as it happens in TES5.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    I’d love it it we could buy some storage wardrobes or cupboards with more slots? And then use style mats to “reskin” them for different houses ❤️ That way I could make them fit in with different houses seamlessly
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭

Spreadsheets or a note book? I know it's a work intensive solution but until they expand storage/bags/bank space it is a solution. :Shrug:

I have also seen some really tidy furniture storage houses. Coldharbour really lends itself to laying out items in a logical and navigable way.

That way you can save your chests for non-furniture items.
    Edited by sueblue on July 12, 2019 5:34AM
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »

Spreadsheets or a note book? I know it's a work intensive solution but until they expand storage/bags/bank space it is a solution. :Shrug:

I have also seen some really tidy furniture storage houses. Coldharbour really lends itself to laying out items in a logical and navigable way.

That way you can save your chests for non-furniture items.

I never store furniture in storage boxes. All my houses serve for that. Atm storage boxes are mostly filled with furnishings and gear I will try to sell. And, also, master writs that are on hold due to the fact that I still don't have the required motif pages to craft them (Pyandogean).
    Edited by redlink1979 on July 12, 2019 8:40AM
  • Santargria
    I'm a pack rat and could always use more storage - so yes, please more storage and allow more in the homes
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're selling storage homes for 15,000 crowns - can hold 700 pieces!
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

Houses hold furniture. I don't use storage boxes to store furniture: I need store boxes to store furnishings, gear, motif pages, recipes.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In more styles!

I wish we could make them look like any of the existing trunk styles.

What I originally hoped, was that they would give us a single wall safe, which we could then add additional storage space to, as and when...

Instead, we got endless chests, in two very distinctive styles, with logos on them (so, they don't really fit in anywhere very well, visually speaking) and a decorative wall safe we can't use for storage. ><
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 30, 2019 7:43AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

Yeah, that is a very bad solution, though, as you place your excess furnishings in them, then can't peruse, or access them, when you are furnishing another house.

Meaning you lose track of what you have and end up duplicating stuff.

Even if you remember you may have one of the items you need, you then have to travel to the correct store house, or maybe several store houses, sometimes to find out you don't have the item, after all.

Not to mention that you then can't decorate those store houses, even if you want to, as they're full of random stuff.

Meanwhile, if you have several of something, you end up putting it in the bank, anyway; as it would be stupid to take up lots of separate slots in a store house, when you could stack them in your bank.

It's a nightmare.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 30, 2019 7:54AM
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    What I originally hoped, was that they would give us a single wall safe, which we could then add additional storage space to, as and when...

What a fantastic idea! It could just be a large panel that looks like a vault door.

Though, I do like the ability to name trunks and separate items accordingly. Maybe different size safe like furnishings?
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

What a fantastic idea! It could just be a large panel that looks like a vault door.

Though, I do like the ability to name trunks and separate items accordingly. Maybe different size safe like furnishings?

Thank you, Sue. :smile:

Well, you could have the ability to call different sections of your wall safe different names.

So, you open it and then select the correct section by name.

Much like bank, or inv, tabs (only nameable).
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 30, 2019 8:22AM
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we will ever get more in-game storage options. ZoS knows that once we exhaust all of our in-game options for storage many of us will look to the crown store for something more. If sticker shock doesn't scare away those potential customers, ZoS will make sales. I believe the severely limited storage space is deliberate just to drive us to the crown store. Of course, that being their most likely goal, they could offer more options in the crown store. I think what they already have is too expensive for the amount of slots we get with those trunks, but I've still bought them. At least they could allow us to purchase more than one of each type/size. I would have never bought any 60-slot boxes if I could have ten 30-slot boxes. And I never would have bought any crown store storage if what we got in the game wasn't so ridiculously small. There's a person, or team of people, whose job it is to figure out how to get us to spend more in the crown store. I bet they make their maximum bonuses every year!
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LadySinflower - the Master Mediator sells the storage boxes in game for writ vouchers.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @LadySinflower On the original post I wrote that we just need more storage boxes purchasable by the same methods, which means not only purchasable with crowns but also purchasable with vouchers.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sueblue Yes I'm aware of the boxes available from the master mediator for writ vouchers. Thank you for pointing them out to me though. But not everyone can buy those unless they've leveled a crafter enough to get master writs and earn vouchers. Even then they might have other things they would rather spend their vouchers on. So people will still seek out the crown store for storage options.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    @sueblue Yes I'm aware of the boxes available from the master mediator for writ vouchers. Thank you for pointing them out to me though. But not everyone can buy those unless they've leveled a crafter enough to get master writs and earn vouchers. Even then they might have other things they would rather spend their vouchers on. So people will still seek out the crown store for storage options.

Just wanted to be sure that you knew! <3
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I'm aware of the boxes available from the master mediator for writ vouchers. Thank you for pointing them out to me though. But not everyone can buy those unless they've leveled a crafter enough to get master writs and earn vouchers. Even then they might have other things they would rather spend their vouchers on. So people will still seek out the crown store for storage options.

Just wanted to be sure that you knew! <3

The storage boxes are also available from the Tel Var merchant. I don't PvP, though, so I can't purchase them that way. But I do craft, so bought all mine with vouchers.

And, we do get one for free from the level-up rewards, though that cost me 1500 crowns for an additional slot to level a new character, since all of mine were past the level where the box was awarded. Yes, I know I could have deleted one of my characters, but none of them were mules and each one represented years of work - research, questing, etc.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, more Storage Please.

And, I would rather not have more boxes, but more capacity in each box. Besides, being Offline, that would have less impact on the game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In more styles!

Agreed! The current styles don’t work everywhere and kind of stand out. I’d like to be able to have storage chests that look similar or even identical to the new purely decorative ones. If I forget which I have placed where, that is my problem, lol! :D