Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Long time magblade moving to stamblade

DomiNate4NB
DomiNate4NB
✭✭
Have had my eye on a bosmer bow build for a while now. Ready to make the change.

Thinking hawk eye, marksman and slimecraw.

Would a bow build be viable as a solo ganker?

Any feedback and best practices are appreciated.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You quitter
  • DomiNate4NB
    DomiNate4NB
    ✭✭
    Taking a vacation 😁

What's the optimal way to farm marksman and hawk eye?
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking a vacation 😁

What's the optimal way to farm marksman and hawk eye?

Cheap in guildstore last I remember... bowblade is probably harder than magblade rn XD. I'd look into Asylum/BRP bows with Agility Jewelry and Marksman. Think I remember that being one of the most efficient ways to do it. (Based on an oldish Ovenface video.)
  • DomiNate4NB
    DomiNate4NB
    ✭✭
    What makes it harder? Is the damage not there?

I'll admit magblade is hitting like a truck these days but I'm looking to try out Stam for a bit. Want that speed!! But not be a wet noodle
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Methinks you'll be back ;)
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes it harder? Is the damage not there?

I'll admit magblade is hitting like a truck these days but I'm looking to try out Stam for a bit. Want that speed!! But not be a wet noodle

Bow builds can get one shot pretty easily, magblade feels tankier than DK nowadays lol. Idk when I play on my magblade I feel like I lack damage, since everyone blocks/roll dodge the bow even if you fear before, unless they are potatoes which by then it doesnt really matter, I think you should expect a damage increase by going stam.

If you're ganking, as always, the burst is there but the DPS is meh. CC with Bombard and Draining Shot makes for a really fun gameplay though. (for you, not so much for the enemy).

You get both sets from vendors in Cyrodil. I suggest spending your AP since the prices for those sets have gone up by a lot in guild stores, I've seen big pieces going for 20k for divines/impen, and bows for like 100k on PC/NA. Getting all pieces is very easy with AP though.

I'd try Morag Tong instead of Marksman (or Hawk Eye), the 2-4 pieces are better and I feel you'd be fine with sustain since you're Wood Elf already. This also means you can front bar Morag Tong and backbar a 2pc defensive set (Death's Wind for resists), or stam recov backbar.
    Edited by Nevasca on July 26, 2019 5:01PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who tried every combination of sets to boost gank damage, none of those sets come close to the highest damage possiblem, especially for snipe builds.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a pure gank spec or a kite based build more based on something like Draining Shot into Assassin's Scourge?
  • DomiNate4NB
    DomiNate4NB
    ✭✭
    I'm using alcast bow build as a baseline as he is always a good person to build a foundation from. I don't really want to farm PVE sets like asylum for draining shot.

Playing a squishy magblade (so much better this patch tho) for years so my positioning is pretty strong.

Leaning towards an annoying kite build focusing high priority/low health targets. Don't want to completely go damage until I get a better feel for the play style.

Appreciate all the perspectives/feedback so far 🙏
  • DomiNate4NB
    DomiNate4NB
    ✭✭
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think post patch it’s feasible yea. No idea what sets you should use, but bow builds will be a lot stronger with the PTS changes.

If you’re trying bow builds for small scale/BGs I’d try holding stacks from merciless (stam version) and be more balanced. Issue you’ll have is the shade magicka cost has doubled, you’ll need to have a source of magicka regen.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spriggans, focused aim, sharpened or nirn bow+ hundings rage or strength of automaton. Infused spriggans jewelry with wd. Get camo hunter. RAT for crit damage boost, mark target for fracture, and either shadow lover or warrior mundus. They're all good. RN seems better to stack flat damage with key percentage increases. If you get 100% crit bonus and have like 15k pen it is easy to predict your damage, and you should have like 4500k wd at least.

A tooltip of 12k should crit for ~ 12k in pvp.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be a quitter, I still even wet the bed because QUITTERS NEVER WIN

magnb for life fool
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One more patch this coming Monday. Variety is the spice of life, there’s no harm in trying out different specs to see the other side.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    One more patch this coming Monday. Variety is the spice of life, there’s no harm in trying out different specs to see the other side.

Doesn't say patch maintenance though...
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm vma & vdsa
    Get vma 2h axe with vdsa bow

Hit the “I win” button
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vma axe???

Oooooooo NVM I'm thinking on vdsa. I was like.... Cleave?
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on July 29, 2019 4:31PM
  • Mendosa
    Mendosa
    ✭✭✭
    Hi OP, almost one month has passed. I wondered about your last state. Have you stayed on stamblade or returned to magblade for PVP? I'm also using magblade now, but the stamblade is confusing me too. :|
    Magblade with Dual Wield
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I’m thinking long time stamblade switch to magblade
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Mendosa
    Mendosa
    ✭✭✭
    Magblade with Dual Wield
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out Decimus in Youtube. He's running Bow/Bow builds. I also made a bow and 2h backbar stamblade a while back. Was pretty strong in open world. Melts in duels though.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn’t feel like a wet noodle as magblade. Tankiest I’ve ever been this patch. Hit me up if you ever need magblade help I know I added you not too long ago on XBL. That being said, if you want to run a snipe gank build I would definitely look at archers mind. Always thought that set would be disgusting on a bow gank build.