Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK PVP build help

Norivar1
Norivar1
Hello fellow Knights,

I have created the following build - https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=78430.

Could i get some help from for experienced dragons then my self.

Health - 27609
Stamina - 36676
Magicka - 14099

Mag Rec - 663
Stam Rec - 1515

Weapon Dmg - 2737
Weapon Crit - 26.4%

Spell Resist - 18797 (28%)
Physical Resist - 15648 (24%)

Physical Pen - 9793

I am tempted to go Khajiit as love the look, but not sure on numbers that i need to hit.

Any help would be nice

Thanks
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Hello!

Your build looks like a solid foundation in getting started. I'm not sure what sets/champion points/DLC you have, but here are some general thoughts.
    • Velidreth is a decent damage helm. Some find it less reliable. Blood Spawn is a fan favorite for sDK.
    • Shackle Breaker is a solid starting set. Meta right now is for heavy armor sets that give damage like Fury, but Shackle + Spriggans are good selections.
    • Medium armor is in a weird spot, but I think it's a great idea to try it out for yourself and see how your survival is!
    • Your health, stamina, and weapon damage seem fine. Tooltip values look solid.
    • Bars look generally good, I don't understand the selection of Molten Whip as your spammable. I think you may be better off with a different skill personally. Charging Maneuver is definitely an interesting selection - I think it will be great next patch but you may find you don't like it this patch.
    • Braised Rabbit is good for stats, but many prefer a food/drink with a little regen. If you test and find your sustain lacks, maybe try Dubious.

Overall, definitely a unique build that may not be BIS but will definitely perform well for you. Have fun being a werewolf :smile:
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cant run Molten Whip on a stam character, this ability scales with spell damage and max magicka so will do terrible damage, you'll have to replace that ability with either Dizzying Swing or possibly something like Silver Shards as this is being buffed next patch.

I also wouldn't run Velidreth as the proc is easy to dodge and misses regularly. I would switch it to Bloodspawn as you could do with a bit more defense.
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking closer at your build I assume molten is just there for the passive weapon damage. Don't quote me but I think that is getting nerfed next patch so I'm not sure that it will be worth it. I found breath to be quite clunky as a spammable for pvp the targeting just seems off.

Are you planning on mostly being in werewolf or is that just a back up?
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Hello!

Your build looks like a solid foundation in getting started. I'm not sure what sets/champion points/DLC you have, but here are some general thoughts.
    • Velidreth is a decent damage helm. Some find it less reliable. Blood Spawn is a fan favorite for sDK.
    • Shackle Breaker is a solid starting set. Meta right now is for heavy armor sets that give damage like Fury, but Shackle + Spriggans are good selections.
    • Medium armor is in a weird spot, but I think it's a great idea to try it out for yourself and see how your survival is!
    • Your health, stamina, and weapon damage seem fine. Tooltip values look solid.
    • Bars look generally good, I don't understand the selection of Molten Whip as your spammable. I think you may be better off with a different skill personally. Charging Maneuver is definitely an interesting selection - I think it will be great next patch but you may find you don't like it this patch.
    • Braised Rabbit is good for stats, but many prefer a food/drink with a little regen. If you test and find your sustain lacks, maybe try Dubious.

Overall, definitely a unique build that may not be BIS but will definitely perform well for you. Have fun being a werewolf :smile:

I believe Zenimax did a very wrong decision with putting the weapon damage bonus on molten whip, It goes against their promise of not separating PvP&PvE, and it does confuse a lot of new players as to why a magicka spammable is giving bonuses to weapon damage. They go to a stamDk build guide, see molten whip in there, and with no explaination that its only there for the passive boni, they end up using it aswell in unrelated builds.

Outside of that OP might want to get his hands on a master bow, infused with a weapon damage glyph, will compliment spriggan really well in open world. I would go protective jewelry over infused for medium armor and as far as medium armor stamDK goes I think a set like battlefield acrobat might help more with mag&stam sustain than shacklebreaker does. For CP campaign he probably needs neither of those options as sustain is a lot easier in there, so a set like medium impreg might be a good safe bet. The next patch seems very chaotic so I can't really do a good build recommendation either, maybe a heavy armor set like fury or seventh would work out a lot better, overall Its a huge meta shift next patch for stamDk and its really difficult to tell what will work and what won't.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 29, 2019 2:57PM
  • Norivar1
    Norivar1
    Hi All,

Thanks for feed back.

Went wolf for the time that i just want some fun and *** about as a bug angry wolf :smile:

So need to look at replacing Molten whip with something else then?

Charging Maneuver is there more due to my luck of getting buffed with it so thought i better run it.

What would you lot think to going Khajiit?

Im guess on the feedback to have protection trait means that Spell Resist - 18797 (28%)
    Physical Resist - 15648 (24%) is not high enough so should i be aiming for the 30% in both?

Im not looking really to go meta more trying to find the build best for me, but having more experienced PVP dragons look over it will help me refine it to something i like to play :smiley:
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    This looks like some stamblade build from 2 patches ago, personally id replace the spriggan bow with a masters bow at least.
    And veli is ... meh. Bloodspawn >>> Veli.
    Instead of sharp sword go infused / charged maul with disease glyph and put a weapon damage glyph on your bow, because poison injection is gonna proc your weapon damage everytime its available.
    With infused on bow you would have 100% uptime on 500+ wd from berserk enchant + another 300 from masters bow set bonus for just keeping up poison injection on the target youre fighting and thats like 800wd unbuffed, take major and minor brutality on top of that and youre over 1k wd extra.
    And idk about rapids and molten whip, but thats up to you if you wanna use them.
    Edited by ATomiX69 on July 29, 2019 3:11PM
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • Norivar1
    Norivar1
    Updated the weapons as have been on the fence around sword and i had missed putting the weapon dmg on bow
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Norivar1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks for feed back.

Went wolf for the time that i just want some fun and *** about as a bug angry wolf :smile:

Charging Maneuver is there more due to my luck of getting buffed with it so thought i better run it.

Im guess on the feedback to have protection trait means that Spell Resist - 18797 (28%)
    Physical Resist - 15648 (24%) is not high enough so should i be aiming for the 30% in both?

Im not looking really to go meta more trying to find the build best for me, but having more experienced PVP dragons look over it will help me refine it to something i like to play :smiley:

Wear 5 medium 2 heavy so your resistances are higher(Its worth the %2 stats you'll lose from undaunted, trust me.), and also use blood spawn over velidreth to boost your regen, ultgen and also resistances when it procs. Velidreth will rarely ever hit and on medium armor your survivability is gonna be the issue, not the damage output.

As far as replacing molten whip goes, I've taken a look at your ability bars and noticed you have not even slotted spiked armor. Go put that instead. So you get access to your class passives and have major resistance buffs.

Ideally you should aim for near 20k resistances without the bloodspawn proc involved on a medium build.(and yes, you should use blood spawn, Its great.) The higher the better because people you fight against will have penetration especially light armor users will easily penetrate more than 10k, just from their armor passives and major breach, not even taking CP into account.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 29, 2019 3:17PM
  • Norivar1
    Norivar1
    Made the change to 2 heavy and got to the 20k mark on both spell and phy, also got spikes on there rather then moten.

Is bloodspawn really that good, as a 6% proc chance?
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Hi All,

Thanks for feed back.

Khajit is my favorite race. Unique passives, ability to easily change from magicka to stamina due to hybrid nature, thick crits.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn is up a lot more than you would initially think from the 6% proc chance, the extra ulti also synchronizes so well with stam DK the 1 pc stamina regen is also very useful.

With rapids, its not an ability I would ever personally give a permanent slot on my bar I would switch it in and out as I need it. If I was you I would drop it and move spiked armour to the back bar. I would personally also drop crit rush and slot dizzy swing and reverse slice. Dizzy can be a pain to hit but at the moment you have no real spammable damage ability, I think you will struggle to secure kills as you won’t have enough burst.

I wouldnt go with Khajit personally, they look cool but the passives have never done much for me. I'd go Nord for this build, the extra resistances and Ulti gen would be nice.

All my opinions though, it's your build to do with what you will. :)

PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

• Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX69 wrote: »
    This looks like some stamblade build from 2 patches ago, personally id replace the spriggan bow with a masters bow at least.
    Instead of sharp sword go infused / charged maul with disease glyph and put a weapon damage glyph on your bow, because poison injection is gonna proc your weapon damage everytime its available.
    With infused on bow you would have 100% uptime on 500+ wd from berserk enchant + another 300 from masters bow set bonus for just keeping up poison injection on the target youre fighting and thats like 800wd unbuffed, take major and minor brutality on top of that and youre over 1k wd extra.
    And idk about rapids and molten whip, but thats up to you if you wanna use them.
    Single target DOTs don’t re-apply your weapon enchant for that bar. For bow the only ability that does this is hail because it is an AOE DOT. Infused master’s bow is still a great choice and what I personally use for PVE and PVP but you have to hit a light attack or the initial hit of poison inject again to re-apply the buff.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop the bow unless you have masters.

Infused the jewls

Bloodspawn

S&b back bar + low slash for minor maim.

You need a stun.

Change rapids to Race against time
    Edited by Insco851 on July 29, 2019 6:15PM
  • Norivar1
    Norivar1
    Thank you all for the feedback, i have taken everything you have said on board and will taylor my build to fit me :smile:
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    ATomiX69 wrote: »
    Single target DOTs don’t re-apply your weapon enchant for that bar. For bow the only ability that does this is hail because it is an AOE DOT. Infused master’s bow is still a great choice and what I personally use for PVE and PVP but you have to hit a light attack or the initial hit of poison inject again to re-apply the buff.

It used to work with poison injection, must have been changed with elsweyr I guess because I used to play med stamblade quite a bit prior to elsweyr.
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also use a medium build but more dot focused, I use deadly front 2h and bow back bar (no masters since I swap so often so I would lose to much damage from bleeds) with hulking draugr, slime craw as monster set and arteum broth(don't have to use golden food) as food. I'm a nord with 2 protective jewelery and I have somewhere around 4,5k weapon damage buffed up, 27k resistances in medium armour. It's a fun, fast and quite tanky build.

SnB and 2h stamdk is great if you like to play a slower brawler build, but if you want to play a faster char you should go for Bow.
  • Norivar1
    Norivar1
    @Freakin_Hytte what is your physical pen at? also do you mind if i ask what ya bars have on them?

• Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=157405

- Orc for more dmg
    - Redguard for more sustain
    - Nord for more resist and ulti regen

If you don't enjoy the Sword and Shield playstyle, you can go with Blackrose DW backbar but Fury has to be up all the time.

Also i do recommend to watch some players, they are excellent with this type of playstyle.

Pelican
    Lyar
    Faso
    Scarr
    Krotha
    Edited by Ecfigies on July 30, 2019 1:56PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello fellow Knights,

I have created the following build - https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=78430.

Could i get some help from for experienced dragons then my self.
    Thanks

just checked the last version.

Selene is a good solid option, but like others said, consider Bloodspawn if you have them. People tend to go "OH MY GOD GREEN BEAR DODGE ROLL!!"

ur wep damage is a little low, i'd put one or two of the ring to Infused. i mean, if u really want to be tanky, u might as well get a heavy armor set.

and i'd put Snipe rather than draining shot, or my old favourite, poison spray.

last is most important: volatile armor instead of Charging Manuv. because you can always - ALWAYS - need an extra resistance......

But hey, remember, these are all suggestions. play with it, test it out, feel what works best because whatever ur most comfortable to play is where u will perform the best.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh almost forgot: Spriggan greatsword = get a maul. extra 20% penetration, on top of Spriggan.

or get the Axe for some extra bleed, whichever cheaper in guild trader.

6% extra damage is peanut.
  • Norivar1
    Norivar1
    @Davadin Updated it based on your feedback, reason i went draining shot was for the range stun, but wasn't 100% sold on it.

Switched out Charging for Spikes and also put Infused on 2 and kept 1 Protection as think ill be a bit to easy to kill if i take that off
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You’re missing a defensive set. The overall build looks good but drop your monster for blood spawn, Bloodspawn is BiS for all DK builds. Go heavy shacklebreaker chest and medium shoulders.

Full tri-stat when you can afford it.

Front bar vigor, it’s not realistic to switch to your back bar in pvp every 5 seconds. Otherwise sorcs will wait for your bar switch animation and stun burst you.

Stick with 5 medium, it’s better.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 30, 2019 2:44PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Davadin Updated it based on your feedback, reason i went draining shot was for the range stun, but wasn't 100% sold on it.

Switched out Charging for Spikes and also put Infused on 2 and kept 1 Protection as think ill be a bit to easy to kill if i take that off

yes keep 1 protection. when ur more comfortable playing around in Cyro NOT getting 1-shotted, u can swap it out to Infused too, or even Bloodthirsty ;)

the stun is nice, but usually that's for players with bow on their front bar to get away....
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ranged stun is decent but I think you’re better off with sustained pressure. Try and overwhelm vs backing off. Classes like sorc rely on you easing off to get their burst in. You need an on demand stun so watch them and punish them when they stop shield stacking and go for damage, right before they shield.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 30, 2019 2:50PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You’re missing a defensive set. The overall build looks good but drop your monster for blood spawn, Bloodspawn is BiS for all DK builds. Go heavy shacklebreaker chest and medium shoulders.

this is a really good option. i WISH i got a medium bloodspawn shoulder tho... lol stupid RNG.
    Front bar vigor, it’s not realistic to switch to your back bar in pvp every 5 seconds. Otherwise sorcs will wait for your bar switch animation and stun burst you.
    also very good, but if u can squeeze Fragmented Shield, the 6-sec major mending really helps before u pop Vigor.....
  • Norivar1
    Norivar1
    Davadin wrote: »

yes keep 1 protection. when ur more comfortable playing around in Cyro NOT getting 1-shotted, u can swap it out to Infused too, or even Bloodthirsty ;)

the stun is nice, but usually that's for players with bow on their front bar to get away....

Looking at your 2h/2h build im very tempted by that so i can slot Cleave as seem to be running out of space HAHA Also have a Sprig Sword and Hammer in bag atm so could be done, only issue is how you deal with people out of range of charge?
  • Norivar1
    Norivar1
    @Iskiab did you have a deff set in mind and which set would you switch out?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just the monster set for bloodspawn. Sprigans and shacklebreaker is a nice combination. More leaps is better sustain and a great stun.

I prefer 2h and dw, but there’s nothing wrong with 2h bow.

I also really like vigor on the front bar, it makes a big difference. Sorcs love to shield stack at low health, and if you’re like me you tunnel vision and fall for the trap and they burst you while you’re trying to execute them.

Instead dot dot dot and stun them right before they try and shield.

These days killing sorcs is pvp/BGs. Last two games it’s been over 50% sorcs.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 30, 2019 3:20PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Norivar1
    Norivar1
    Iskiab wrote: »

Just the monster set for bloodspawn. Sprigans and shacklebreaker is a nice combination.

I prefer 2h and dw, but there’s nothing wrong with 2h bow.

I also really like vigor on the front bar, it makes a big difference. Sorcs love to shield stack at low health, and if you’re like me you tunnel vision and fall for the trap and they burst you while you’re trying to execute them.

Instead dot dot dot and stun them right before they try and shield.

Only have claw that can move to the other bar without running another 2H on second bar but im guessing its the same for having a dmg spell on the back bar if you are swapping all the time you could get trapped
  • Norivar1
    Norivar1
    Dame missed Bloodspawn shoulders in Golden vendor