Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ixilith wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Extremely overpriced cash milking scheme. I mean, who didn't already see that coming?
    Thanks for the info I guess, since we poor EU peasants are still stuck in limbo for another day.
    Time to seriously consider whether this game is worth pumping money into *shrug*
    You make it sound like a required feature of the the game... it seriously is not.
    Game gives you 2 outfit slots free.
    Base sub gives you enough to buy 1 every month without a micro transaction.
    It’s nota cash making scheme because no ones gonna pay RL cash to unlock any level of quantity of them
    It’s largely irrelevant to the game.nothing in that store gives you power there’s nothing of a requirement to have from that store.
    It isn’t a cash grab, as it’s nothing persuasive enough to encourage you to spend cash.

This good description in Crown store doesn't inform us that it is only for one Character.

I've bought one slot and discovered this thing only when relogged to another character...
    Wtf?
    High cost or not, I truly believe it doesn't matter - because when someone buy something for the stated price, than all fine.
    Voting with a purse/wallet in action always show what is right.
    But we should get enouch information. Or, this is scam.

But Zenimax still make us fools here with a hiding very important information from buyer.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom when we will have some reaction from Zenimax at this? When we will have description for Outfit Slot Upgrade in Crown store, which will say that it's only for one character?
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on June 2, 2019 9:08PM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ixilith wrote: »
    Game gives you 2 outfit slots free.

I only have one free slot per character.

I really don't care what they charge for them. Too expensive, they are now. Cheaper and I might spring for one or two.

What really annoys me is that they don't make it absolutely clear that it is for a single character. Absolutely. Clear. No guessing. No supposing. No divining. No internet research.

I don't care much for the spending of money to "figure it out" stuff. I makes me quite hesitant to buy stuff from them. I have no trust in the eCommerce people there. I wait for someone else to stick their toe in the water and report back on whether they still have that toe. Waiting has frequently been a wise choice, and has saved me Crowns.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Bulkhatos
    Bulkhatos
    Soul Shriven
    Another disappointed player here, extreme overpriced like practically everything (skill points thought crowns.. houses of 15k crowns.. digital chapter edition this year 10 euros expensive , and the list continues...) .

Confirmed that ZoS is more worried about empty our wallet that making a great game.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously ZOS, still nothing?
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They'll probably close this thread as well because of spiraling.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Seriously guys, still whining ?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it is pretty obvious at this point that the price is set high to preserve costume revenue and will not be changing.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriosly u wonder that people have issues with Zenimax scam?
    There still no information in description that this slot is only for one character...
    Problem is not resolved.
    Price not matter, but manipulation with information we have here is absolutly unacceptable

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom WHEN WE WILL SEE IN DESCRIPTION ON THIS GOOD THAT SLOT IS ONLY FOR ONE CHARACTER?
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on July 6, 2019 3:17PM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't get why people are defending corporations and practices like that. The item is ridiculously priced and it's description is misleading. Those people "whining" are doing that in your interest too. If they succeed and something get's changed you'll end up getting a better service too.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

I don't get why people are defending corporations and practices like that. The item is ridiculously priced and it's description is misleading. Those people "whining" are doing that in your interest too. If they succeed and something get's changed you'll end up getting a better service too.

LoL.
    I'm not "defending" anyone.
    I'm just laughing at the sight of people who spend hours/days/months and now YEARS complaining over and over for something they think is "overpriced", when the solution to the problem is as simple as "don't buy".
    All you achieve by insisting so thickheadedly is to confirm to ZOS how much you're eager to have those things and that you'll end up buying it, no matter the price.
    You're doing everyone a disservice - including yourself.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LoL.
    I'm just laughing at the sight of people who spend hours/days/months and now YEARS complaining over and over for something they think is "overpriced", when the solution to the problem is as simple as "don't buy".
    All you achieve by insisting so thickheadedly is to confirm to ZOS how much you're eager to have those things and that you'll end up buying it, no matter the price.

That's exactly what I did: didn't buy any slots. More precisely I don't use the outfit system at all.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LoL.

Honestly, there are two issues here...

1) It is overpriced as a single character item, and for that reason, people who think that should not purchase it.

2) ZOS does not make it plainly evident that it is character, not account-wide. (at least, last time I looked) People that do not notice the rather subtle clues might purchase one thinking that it is account-wide. This is a reasonable assumption, given the high price. That sort of defeats the first option where the player declines to buy it because it is over-priced.

So far, ZOS has decided not to take action on either of these.

Buyer beware, and all that ***, yes, but that doesn't make it any less.... unwelcome... on the part of ZOS.

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) It is overpriced as a single character item, and for that reason, people who think that should not purchase it.

2) ZOS does not make it plainly evident that it is character, not account-wide. (at least, last time I looked) People that do not notice the rather subtle clues might purchase one thinking that it is account-wide. This is a reasonable assumption, given the high price. That sort of defeats the first option where the player declines to buy it because it is over-priced.

Buyer beware, and all that ***, yes, but that doesn't make it any less.... unwelcome... on the part of ZOS.

I believe that most people in this thread are just complaining about outfit slots being "too expensive". They're not that much concerned about the commercial message being blurred (in this case : it's one character only, not account-wide).

I'm being snarky about the "too expensive" point, since, as i said, the answer is simple ("don't buy").

The second point (the blurry commercial message) is a different story, and I would get on my high horse about it if it were about something more serious (like : food, shelter, etc.) . The thing is, ZOS is a business company. I may - or may not - appreciate the people in there (Rich, Gina, Jess, Kai, etc.) but the company, as a whole, is what it is : a business company. It became clear to me with the "Chapter vs. DLC" vocabulary trick back in 2017 with Morrowind. No amount of whining will ever change that level of hypocrisy. Some people at ZOS may - or may not - be trustworthy, but the company as a whole entity isn't.

That makes such posts like "ZOS, still nothing ?" also laughable.

The only answer to the 1st issue ("too expensive") is "don't buy" and the only answer to the 2nd issue (unclear information) is "beware and don't buy". But "ZOS? Still nothing ?" ... really... ?

• Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I believe that most people in this thread are just complaining about outfit slots being "too expensive". They're not that much concerned about the commercial message being blurred (in this case : it's one character only, not account-wide).

I'm being snarky about the "too expensive" point, since, as i said, the answer is simple ("don't buy").

The second point (the blurry commercial message) is a different story, and I would get on my high horse about it if it were about something more serious (like : food, shelter, etc.) . The thing is, ZOS is a business company. I may - or may not - appreciate the people in there (Rich, Gina, Jess, Kai, etc.) but the company, as a whole, is what it is : a business company. It became clear to me with the "Chapter vs. DLC" vocabulary trick back in 2017 with Morrowind. No amount of whining will ever change that level of hypocrisy. Some people at ZOS may - or may not - be trustworthy, but the company as a whole entity isn't.

That makes such posts like "ZOS, still nothing ?" also laughable.

The only answer to the 1st issue ("too expensive") is "don't buy" and the only answer to the 2nd issue (unclear information) is "beware and don't buy". But "ZOS? Still nothing ?" ... really... ?

That's exactly what I did. I didn't buy the thing. Still, I can voice my dissatisfaction with this because I would buy it if there were changes, be it option 1 or 2. Dismissing people here as whiners is just rude on your part and unnecessary. Even if nothing is changed it's still good to post in this thread to keep it afloat and warn newer players of that practice.
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    so 12 characters total x 13,500 crowns per character plus 1500 crowns for the 4 character slots above base 8 in the first place (6k crowns total) is a grand total of. . .

one hundred and sixty eight thousand crowns 168,000

With 18 toons cap now that's 243k Crowns = probably less than 48.6M gold pieces (because they are giftable) = potentially $0
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Wing wrote: »
    so 12 characters total x 13,500 crowns per character plus 1500 crowns for the 4 character slots above base 8 in the first place (6k crowns total) is a grand total of. . .

one hundred and sixty eight thousand crowns 168,000

With 18 toons cap now that's 243k Crowns = probably less than 48.6M gold pieces (because they are giftable) = potentially $0

Guys, please, don't write about price.
    Write about correct Description of this fkking item in Crown Store.
    There should be alert that it's only for one character on account.
    With removing the scam form - they will reduce the price 100% because sells on this item will be too low.
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on July 11, 2019 8:12AM
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA Add please alert-notification in Description of this good in Crown store that it is only for one Character at account. Stop Scam!

• Rakerburn22
    Rakerburn22
    ✭✭
    I'll add my voice to the majority here.

I don't care about the price, if it's too much I won't buy it. The description absolutely needs to change though.
  • ZoeZio
    ZoeZio
    ✭✭✭
    The description will never be changed! Because a lot of people buy it, thinking that it would be an account wide slot, like all the other stuff in crown store (except the inventar/bank slots and mount training of course).

Even I was about to buy the outfit slot, luckly I have been warn from buying it.
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how bad ZOS tries to take advantage of everyone playing ESO. Just try to suck every penny from you while always somehow ripping you off with confusing and misleading descriptions. It's beyond feeling like you got something of value for spending. Crown crates (just wow) maybe 1% of buyers have ever gotten even close to getting items of value worth what they spent. Like gambling the house always wins and you always lose. When I started playing the crown store was much more balanced but wow what happened.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outfit slots should cost only 750 crowns, anything else is extortion-level pricing.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outfit slots should cost only 750 crowns, anything else is extortion-level pricing.

Also since it's not even account-level, it should be even less, like 300 or 500 the cost of a costume.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be still too much, even for an account-wide unlock.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless it is seriously cheap... like 100 Crowns each... It has to be account wide. I'm not going to spend Crowns per character. I'd rather leave the Crowns in my account to rot. Tarnish...?
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

Maybe, but I was just thinking about the 7.99$ of the cheapest crowns. But yeah, I think a per-character slot like that should be really cheap.

Maybe they could give an extra account-level slot for Plus membership... still wouldn't offset the ridiculous cost of the slots.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two to three dollars per slot for all characters on an account is what you'd pay in other MMOs.

But ESO isn't an MMO. It's a single player game with a whale farm attached.

Even discounted as they have been occasionally they are still outrageously expensive.

Increasing the appeal of returning to single player games.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Two to three dollars per slot for all characters on an account is what you'd pay in other MMOs.

But ESO isn't an MMO. It's a single player game with a whale farm attached.

Even discounted as they have been occasionally they are still outrageously expensive.

Increasing the appeal of returning to single player games.

Occasionally is a bit of an understatement. It's pretty rare that they're not on sale in my experience. But yeah, still too expensive.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

Maybe they could give an extra account-level slot for Plus membership... still wouldn't offset the ridiculous cost of the slots.

I'd support that. I realize that at this point they can't drop the prices permanently without angering people who already bought them, but it'd be a nice perk for ESO+.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... I went over to Star Wars: The Old Republic Online, and looked to see how much it would cost for an outfit slot for a single character. It's 120 cartel coins.

Now, 250 cartel coins costs $2.99. That means a 120 cartel coins would cost around $1.50 (actually slightly less).

It is 1500 crowns for an outfit slot for a single character here at ESO. For me to get 1500 crowns costs $18.99.

So, in one game it's $1.50. Here, it's $18.99. That's rather a staggering difference for exactly the same service. To make it match up in value, they would need to make them around 150-200 crowns for a single character outfit slot. THAT I would be willing to pay. I'll never EVER pay that ridiculous price, more than 1200% higher than other games.

(that would be like paying about $15 for a Mars bar)
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    So... I went over to Star Wars: The Old Republic Online, and looked to see how much it would cost for an outfit slot for a single character. It's 120 cartel coins.

Now, 250 cartel coins costs $2.99. That means a 120 cartel coins would cost around $1.50 (actually slightly less).

It is 1500 crowns for an outfit slot for a single character here at ESO. For me to get 1500 crowns costs $18.99.

So, in one game it's $1.50. Here, it's $18.99. That's rather a staggering difference for exactly the same service. To make it match up in value, they would need to make them around 150-200 crowns for a single character outfit slot. THAT I would be willing to pay. I'll never EVER pay that ridiculous price, more than 1200% higher than other games.

(that would be like paying about $15 for a Mars bar)

This