Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Torugs vs Yolnahkriin?

m2rc
m2rc
✭✭✭
Does anyone know which one is better in terms of providing group with DPS?

Thanks
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor courage is approximately +1.5-2% to dps of min-maxed build.
    Torug extra penetration and theoretically better uptime is approximately +1.5% to group dps. Now torug works only on one target, while minor courage works against any targets + buffs healing output. Conclusion - yolnakrin better for the group and for the tank.
  • m2rc
    m2rc
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks man!
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It really depends. A lot of decent DPS would probably prefer Yol, as even 129 flat spell and weapon damage can be a good damage boost. Take into consideration Major/Minor Sorcery, Major/Minor Brutilty, the sets they wear, slotted abilities, and passives, that small boost can be pretty big. But it’s better for larger groups, like trials, where 8 dps are getting the buff, as compared to 2-3 in dungeons and arenas. Torug’s can be used where Alkosh is hard to proc, or in pug groups. Or just smaller groups. At least I think so.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on July 28, 2019 11:33AM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yolnakriin on tanks and you should have a healer in torugs
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    m2rc wrote: »

Thanks

yeah, i much prefer Yol. Infact I think Yol allows the tank to wear that and let a stam dps wear alcosh and do more damage with it.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cmvet wrote: »

Thanks

yeah, i much prefer Yol. Infact I think Yol allows the tank to wear that and let a stam dps wear alcosh and do more damage with it.

Not really mutually exclusive, those. This patch MTs wear Yolnahkriin+Alkosh, OTs Ebon, and Torug's often ran by healers since you can run it in light. Still no reason to put Alkosh on DDs.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't use torug. 600 pene on 1 target << 129 WD for everyone in the group.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    healers can wear torugs.

imo it should be ia, olo, torugs, and (insert situational set here) used by healers in most cases.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    129 Weapon and Spell Damage from Yolnah is better. Most end game builds have around 9k effective weapon or spell damage (including effects from Max Magicka and Stamina), and after multipliers this 129 becomes about 180, for approx 2% group DPS. Less-optimized builds will have lower stats, and will see a higher % increase.

Torugs brings Crusher’s value from 2108 to 2740. This is a difference of 632 Penetration, or 1.26% DPS increase against a single enemy in PVE.

Use both in a group if you can, but I’ve always thought Torugs was a little overrated. It’s nowhere near as good as Alkosh (a little over 6% group DPS and can hit multiple enemies).
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 28, 2019 11:21PM
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    healers can wear torugs.

imo it should be ia, olo, torugs, and (insert situational set here) used by healers in most cases.

I think if the healer is wearing olo, then probably should run Jorvulds along with it, at least on 1 healer. The increase duration of buffs, aggressive warhorn, and olo proc really increases overall group damage nicely.
    Edited by cmvet on July 29, 2019 12:01AM
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally i think jorvulds is overhyped. olo already has a gigantic duration and can be refreshed over 20secs early. jorvulds is overkill in a lot of cases
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally i think jorvulds is overhyped. olo already has a gigantic duration and can be refreshed over 20secs early. jorvulds is overkill in a lot of cases

Agree with this. Jorvuld's makes buffs easier to manage, but it doesn't make them better. The only thing it really adds is a few seconds of Major Force uptime from Aggressive Warhorn (approx 0.3% group DPS gain, far lower than other support sets).
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with this. Jorvuld's makes buffs easier to manage, but it doesn't make them better. The only thing it really adds is a few seconds of Major Force uptime from Aggressive Warhorn (approx 0.3% group DPS gain, far lower than other support sets).

The whole point of jorvulds was that you have more time before you need to refresh prayer, so u can throw more orbs and staff, with the new patch, where you need one orb to rule them all, all what jorvulds will do is 4 more seconds to warhorn. Which is just not as good, as you know.
    cmvet wrote: »

Thanks

Not really mutually exclusive, those. This patch MTs wear Yolnahkriin+Alkosh, OTs Ebon, and Torug's often ran by healers since you can run it in light. Still no reason to put Alkosh on DDs.

MT yol+alkosh, OT ebon+hircines, buff monkey 1:torug+master resto+naav, buff monkey 2: olorime+mending. Buff monkey 1 is a templar and using orbs purge synergy blood altar. Buff monkey 2 is a warden that refreshes the health bonus and HoTs while spamming combat prayer on mechanics and eledraining things so the tanks have resources back.
    Edited by zvavi on July 29, 2019 9:15AM