Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP @ Killing too Much Faster (25K HP gone in seconds)

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Surprised to attacked by Player who is taking seconds to kill (25K HP gone in seconds), PC EU BG.

Is this player using Macro or cheats?

GwUHTFK.png
Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 26, 2019 1:30PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to see DOTs and procs. The light attacks are the key and they're spaced out right.
    Edited by technohic on July 26, 2019 1:28PM
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't do the math (too early), but it seems like the 25k HP was lost in more than 1 second? First timestamp is 71 seconds, and then the last one is almost 77 seconds. Again, maybe I'm missing something or I should actually add the numbers up, but I feel like you might be overreacting.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    I didn't do the math (too early), but it seems like the 25k HP was lost in more than 1 second? First timestamp is 71 seconds, and then the last one is almost 77 seconds. Again, maybe I'm missing something or I should actually add the numbers up, but I feel like you might be overreacting.

I was continuously healing,

Damage is too much faster incoming, see my total healing.

How can someone doing many hit in very shorter time?
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 26, 2019 1:28PM
  • Varaug_Gaming
    Varaug_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    very likely the good old client desync
    you see yourself all the time full hp then everything from the last 5 seconds hits you all at once and you drop dead
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Within 6 seconds you were hit with 3 skills (3 elemental weapons). Everything else were procs and DoTs. This is way slower than the fastest possible rate of 1 skill every 0.9 seconds.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like he was mainly hitting you with elemental weapon buffed light attacks, which also procs his weapon enchant. And you had a DOT from flame reach along with burning. Was also a spell orb and a bash thrown in as well over over the course of about 6 seconds so yeah, looks quite normal to me.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you healed for 900hps. and got dots and procs for about 5-6k per sec
    ofc you wont survive
    Edited by laksikus on July 26, 2019 1:33PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not. The only thing that seems odd timing wise is Elemental Weapon/Light Attack, but since those two are basically a proc, I'm not sure if the close timing is just a matter of how the game registers the damage. The timing of light attacks in relation to each other, and skills in relation to each other seems fine.

Its very easy to lose lots of health quickly in PVP, and without knowing things like your build, your mitigation, etc. Its pretty hard to tell if you losing 25k health in 5-6 seconds is abnormal.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 26, 2019 1:35PM
  • CAB_Life
    CAB_Life
    Class Representative
    Recount looks fine, though you may have desynced and perceived it all at once.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not. The only thing that seems odd timing wise is Elemental Weapon/Light Attack, but since those two are basically a proc, I'm not sure if the close timing is just a matter of how the game registers the damage. The timing of light attacks in relation to each other, and skills in relation to each other seems fine.

Its very easy to lose lots of health quickly in PVP, and without knowing things like your build, your mitigation, etc. Its pretty hard to tell if you losing 25k health in 5-6 seconds is abnormal.

Elemental Weapon deals damage on Light Attacks so it's prefectly fine that they hit basically at the same time.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »

I'm on console, so not really too familiar with this combat metrics...but is there a view that displays incoming damage (like the one you posted) and you're healing?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CAB_Life wrote: »
    Recount looks fine, though you may have desynced and perceived it all at once.

Well not really descyned, had almost similar every time in death recap.

It may be build then pretty much OP and harder to be convinced.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm on console, so not really too familiar with this combat metrics...but is there a view that displays incoming damage (like the one you posted) and you're healing?

Combat Metric is an add on for pc. There is nowadays an in game log you can be enabled within settings. Don't know if console also have this. It will create a text file which you can read.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its showing damage taken in log and in bottom showing healing output
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am i reading the buffs part right.. you only had your armor buff up 50% of the time.. id say thats your problem
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asgari wrote: »
    Am i reading the buffs part right.. you only had your armor buff up 50% of the time.. id say thats your problem

Anyway damage was too faster, can not believe so many hits in a sec and hardly a single dot was incomming
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No macros no cheats
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definietly not cheats. Intervals between elemental weapon hits are withit 0,9 sec global cooldown rest are just status effects from ele weapon , enchantment procs and reach DoT ticks. Only thing that boosted that persons burst damage propably at opening was smart usage of elemental weapon and connecting it with reach into 1 combo simply by casting ele weapon 1st and then doing light attack+reach in next weave so there was la+ele weapon+reach+ optionally enchantment hitting at the same time but that is a pure guess since if it happened it was earlier in combat log.

As for the amount of damage it's also pretty regular nothing shady here. Mistakes were made mostly on Your side @Lord_Eomer by allowing that enemy to treat You like a dummy parse and letting him contiinously weave attacks at You when You were just spamming heals which by the way seems to be pretty low which suggest Your build may be also not very great. You've just met decent player and allowed him to go purely into offense against You so there could be only one outcome. As for the damage itself 25k dmg in little bit less then 6 seconds gives something slightly over 4k DPS which is pretty standard and nothing to be suprised about.
    Edited by Juhasow on July 26, 2019 3:34PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Elemental Weapon deals damage on Light Attacks so it's prefectly fine that they hit basically at the same time.

That's more or less what I thought. But I've never looked at the timing of someone attacking me with it to know for sure.

Thanks!
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asgari wrote: »

Anyway damage was too faster, can not believe so many hits in a sec and hardly a single dot was incomming

To more help illustrate the damage you took, I marked all of the damage instances in that recap.

paw4MJt.png

Most of the damage you received are within the parts with the shapes to the left of them, and all of that damage was applied off the back of the highlighted light attacks. If you look at the times that you took those light attacks, they're about a second apart, so everything is lined up fine.

Basically, you took three Elemental Weapon buffed light attacks in succession, about 1 second apart, on top of enchant procs off the back of those light attacks. Through that, you also had the DOT from the flame damage enchant ticking against you, and the DOT from Flame Reach ticking against you, every second. You also took a bash (likely animation cancelled, doesn't need a macro or a cheat for that) and a Spell Orb proc (Psijic passive, probably from a previous Elemental Weapon hit), and the Elemental Weapon hit applied Concussion to you, giving you Minor Vulnerability.

It may seem unbelievable while playing, but when you actually look at what damage you took and sort through it, you can see why you dropped so fast. Two DOT's, plus a Spell Orb proc, plus Minor Vulnerability, plus three Elemental Weapon buffed light attacks with enchant procs, is what caused you to drop so fast.
    Edited by jcm2606 on July 26, 2019 3:48PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @jcm2606 Elemental Weapon applies a random status effect every hit, so the 2 concussions and the last burning you see on the recap there is from that, not enchants.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jcm2606 Elemental Weapon applies a random status effect every hit, so the 2 concussions and the last burning you see on the recap there is from that, not enchants.

Ah okay, good to know. Goes to show how often I use it! (Basically never, don't play ranged mag much.)
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear @Lord_Eomer
    The fight took 6 seconds.
    You claim that you were healing yourself every second.
    I can heal/shield myself around 10k per second in full defense mode.
    You were killed by a single Flame Reach and three Elemental Weapons.
    As @Juhasow mentioned, your enemy was doiong merely 4k dps on you.

I'm going to be honest and blunt with you. You build is pathetic. Your self healing is pathetic. Your damage mitigation is pathetic. Change it. You are responsible for this. You and only you.

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My stamplar bg toon can down a lot of ppl in 2-3seconds, simple dizzy +dawny into jabs.
    In bgs theres no cp carrying your defenses, you gotta rely on skill and gear purely.
    And teamwork ofc.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

48276266357_17e098ddea_k.jpg

Here we have HA-->Sub Assault --->DoS all in the same second

48276280227_4f62397e1b_k.jpg

Here we have a Cutting Dive ---->Heavy Attack ----> Sub Assault all in the same second followed by a DoS one second later. Poor game play design and BS.

48276265722_62c1c1ea28_k.jpg

Here we have a lethal arrow ----> Draining Shot all in the same second.

48276182731_01c7713dee_k.jpg

Here's an interesting one. An Ambush ----> Lethal Arrow. In the same second. Now how did he get an ambush off with a skill that actually requires a 1s channel cast time all in the same second. Not sure.

48276266162_fe425c2cff_k.jpg

Here we have Dizzying Swing ---->Reverse Slice --->Sub Assault all in the same second.

45839221731_cc496659c1_h.jpg

And my personal favorite. Two focused aims in the same second.

killing people in 3 seconds is just unacceptable and is not fair gameplay.
    animation canceling needs to be removed.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    LegacyDM wrote: »

48276266357_17e098ddea_k.jpg

Here we have HA-->Sub Assault --->DoS all in the same second

48276280227_4f62397e1b_k.jpg

Here we have a Cutting Dive ---->Heavy Attack ----> Sub Assault all in the same second followed by a DoS one second later. Poor game play design and BS.

48276265722_62c1c1ea28_k.jpg

Here we have a lethal arrow ----> Draining Shot all in the same second.

48276182731_01c7713dee_k.jpg

Here's an interesting one. An Ambush ----> Lethal Arrow. In the same second. Now how did he get an ambush off with a skill that actually requires a 1s channel cast time all in the same second. Not sure.

48276266162_fe425c2cff_k.jpg

Here we have Dizzying Swing ---->Reverse Slice --->Sub Assault all in the same second.

45839221731_cc496659c1_h.jpg

And my personal favorite. Two focused aims in the same second.

killing people in 3 seconds is just unacceptable and is not fair gameplay.
    animation canceling needs to be removed.

Git Gud,
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bottom seems to show the overall healing output. I was just wondering if they had a view which showed timestamps for healing received/amount like it shows for incoming damage.
    Edited by Donny_Vito on July 26, 2019 4:32PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Definietly not cheats. Intervals between elemental weapon hits are withit 0,9 sec global cooldown rest are just status effects from ele weapon , enchantment procs and reach DoT ticks. Only thing that boosted that persons burst damage propably at opening was smart usage of elemental weapon and connecting it with reach into 1 combo simply by casting ele weapon 1st and then doing light attack+reach in next weave so there was la+ele weapon+reach+ optionally enchantment hitting at the same time but that is a pure guess since if it happened it was earlier in combat log.

As for the amount of damage it's also pretty regular nothing shady here. Mistakes were made mostly on Your side @Lord_Eomer by allowing that enemy to treat You like a dummy parse and letting him contiinously weave attacks at You when You were just spamming heals which by the way seems to be pretty low which suggest Your build may be also not very great. You've just met decent player and allowed him to go purely into offense against You so there could be only one outcome. As for the damage itself 25k dmg in little bit less then 6 seconds gives something slightly over 4k DPS which is pretty standard and nothing to be suprised about.

I am pretty good in BG, it was not a dummy parse. I was dodging a lot and healing but still got hit pretty much straight away!

You are guessing from log but I wish to have a video instead!

Anyway Elemental Weapon applying random effect without cool-down is an unfair advantage and might need some tweaking.

Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 26, 2019 4:39PM
  • kromegas
    kromegas
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly- this all used to get my blood boiling- but there is one thing you all are not factoring in...

LAG

Lag kills.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That healing output is deceptive. It is definitely not your healing for the same time period as the incoming damage. The healing lists 38 ticks of base regen, 31 ticks of mutagen, etc. Look at the max heals: 610, 934, 2887, 848, 722. The healing is from a much longer period of time. You took roughly 20,000 damage over about 6 seconds (which is not excessive), while receiving mostly weak HoT ticks.