The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crushing Weapon - Does it need to be attached to a light attack?

UndeniablyAVG
UndeniablyAVG
✭✭✭✭
Is there any reason this ability needs to be linked to a light attack?

I don’t do an awful lot of PVE and mostly focus on PVP, this ability doesn’t seem to be used much there outside of ganking. I think that is due to the light attack requirement. Some stam classes (Stam Sorc, throw a bone please.), could really do with an instant damage spammable ability. Dizzy Swing just doesn’t work against competent players and Rapid strikes just doesn’t seem to deal very good damage and is also a channel so lacks the burst needed in PVP.

Is the light attack feature needed for PVE or something?

I doubt this will ever happen but it’s worth a try.
PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any reason this ability needs to be linked to a light attack?

I don’t do an awful lot of PVE and mostly focus on PVP, this ability doesn’t seem to be used much there outside of ganking. I think that is due to the light attack requirement. Some stam classes (Stam Sorc, throw a bone please.), could really do with an instant damage spammable ability. Dizzy Swing just doesn’t work against competent players and Rapid strikes just doesn’t seem to deal very good damage and is also a channel so lacks the burst needed in PVP.

Is the light attack feature needed for PVE or something?

I doubt this will ever happen but it’s worth a try.

It's a pretty fantastic spammable for bow/bow builds in PVP tbh.
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Hadn't thought of that, although hundreds of hours in Cyrodiil and I've not seen a single person using it on a bow/bow build, this is PS4 EU.

PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hadn't thought of that, although hundreds of hours in Cyrodiil and I've not seen a single person using it on a bow/bow build, this is PS4 EU.

It is mostly used by PvE bow/bow builds.

In PvP, it is mostly used by gankers to add the extra burst damage to the initial hit.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use it on my bow/bow nightblade. You can line up so much burst with crushing, snipe, and the relentless proc. And since you need to hit light attacks to proc relentless, weaving crushing is a ton of damage without the cast time and telegraph of snipe.
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

In PvP, it is mostly used by gankers to add the extra burst damage to the initial hit.

I was reading bow/bow thread the other day, can't remember which one now and they were saying that snipe is outperforming this on a dps test. Again, I have no idea if that true or not as I don't have a bow build and my highest test is only about 37k.

I'd personally advocate removing gank tools, but that's just because I'm salty when it happens to me. :D

I do think this ability would be more widely used if it was changed to just an instant damage spammable. Or just add an instant damage spammable to each weapon line.
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was reading bow/bow thread the other day, can't remember which one now and they were saying that snipe is outperforming this on a dps test. Again, I have no idea if that true or not as I don't have a bow build and my highest test is only about 37k.

I'd personally advocate removing gank tools, but that's just because I'm salty when it happens to me. :D

I do think this ability would be more widely used if it was changed to just an instant damage spammable. Or just add an instant damage spammable to each weapon line.

We are getting Silver Shards as an universal spammable though. Keep in mind though, it is a ranged spammable, like Warden birds and Necro skull and has a decent travel time, which means it won't much good in PvP, at least against stamina builds.
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭

We are getting Silver Shards as an universal spammable though. Keep in mind though, it is a ranged spammable, like Warden birds and Necro skull and has a decent travel time, which means it won't much good in PvP, at least against stamina builds.

As you say I can't reallly see this being on any use in pvp either.

You seem very neutral which is good for discussion however what is your personal opinion on it? Would you keep it as is or rework?
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

• ATreeGnome
    ATreeGnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the main value of attaching it to a light attack is that it might help players learn how to light attack weave.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ATreeGnome wrote: »
    I think the main value of attaching it to a light attack is that it might help players learn how to light attack weave.

This.
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh tried to make Crushing Weapon work as a spamable on my stam sorc for PvP.... having that heal is nice.... and it does decent damage no doubt. I use it as a spamable in vMA on the stam sorc, which is why I tried it in PvP.

It's just an awkward skill to use in PvP at melee range.
    Either you need to waste a GCD on 'arming' it and then proceeding to LA weave it
    OR
    You miss out on the CW proc on the first LA.

Either way it's a pain when facing a good opponent where every GCD counts.. or maybe I shouldn't have given up on it after half an hour... it's just difficult to keep going when you are taking a L because you are messing with a new ability that is different to use.

I practiced on a dummy for a while, and it felt fine, especially the LA -> CW -> Bash combo saw good numbers, but as soon as I hit real combat that all went out the window and I was just flailing about...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't actually need the animation to complete to get the buff though, you can quite literally hit the ability then almost instantly light attack.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx