The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Want to start a pure magica dps no pet. Which one will be viable now and in the future

Gulnagel
Gulnagel
✭✭✭✭

Want to start a pure magica dps no pet. Which one will be viable now and in the future 25 votes

Nightblade
8%
VermintideGulnagel 2 votes
Sorcerer
20%
IsojukkaDonny_VitoIskiabzvavimalistorr 5 votes
Necromancer
4%
Eirinin 1 vote
Dragonknight
4%
dominguero96 1 vote
Templar
64%
Oreyn_BearclawSomewhereRunefangphileunderx2Tyreal1974WaltherCarrawayTPishekWildRaptorXRadagastThePinkcolossalvoidsThePedgeHappyTheCamperGrandmaUntilValhalla13Plasma_ElfSaril_Durzam 16 votes
Warden
0%
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Not even sure there is much to debate. Without pets, Templar is far and away the best mag DPS and also has the easiest rotation. Don’t see anything that is going to drastically change that on the PTS, but of course, hard to be 100% certain until it goes live.

From a pure damage perspective, it probably goes 2 pet sorc> 1pet sorc (tormentor)>1 pet sorc (matriarch)=Templar>nightblade>Necro (=DK)>Warden. I really good nightblade (far and away the toughest to play) might move up that list a bit but a bad one is probably at the bottom.

Matriarch is getting a hefty DPS nerf next patch which will mean 1 pet sorcs lose either damage or a heal as they have a tough decision to make. 2 pet sorcs will still pull a lot of damage, but they are going to be very glassy with cramped bars. Templar’s are sitting pretty for the most part. Their meta bar setup leaves room for a damage shield or BOL.

Edit: left out DK but until they can hang with stam in melee range, they are going to be in a bad spot.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 24, 2019 6:39PM
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    I personally enjoy magsorc more, but magplar is still the safest choice here. it never gets nerfed and the rotation is ridiculously easy.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Grandma wrote: »
    I personally enjoy magsorc more, but magplar is still the safest choice here. it never gets nerfed and the rotation is ridiculously easy.

Classes that have more aoe abilities got nerfed (aka sorc's monkey and templar barrage in addition to liquid and shards) soooo
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    RIP aoe knights :o
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar and DK are the only classes without pets.