Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get the most from the Current Sale?

JoStoic
JoStoic
✭✭
Hi All, I have ongoing health issues, so I am pretty broke, but a friend might help me get some stuff with the sale that's going on.

The thing is, I'm struggling to figure out what to get. Most of my friends got the base game + morrowind with the steam summer sale, so I'd like the morrowind DLC. But I heard that the DLC doesn't actually have the warden class. So I looked it up in the crown store, and I can't see "Warden" listed in either the Morrowind DLC nor the Morrowind Upgrade. So if I want what my friends got for $10, would I have to then pay 5000 crowns (3500 crowns + 1500 crowns for warden class) to get what they got for $10?

Secondly, With the sale, it looks like buying crowns straight is the best deal on crowns (normally getting a subscription is the best deal for getting extra crowns). I'd like to buy the 5500 crowns (a little under $30) and get the cat-banker , and I might do this instead of trying to figure out how to get Morrowind + warden.

Does anyone have any comments or advice for me? I feel like I've spent too much time thinking about this already, and I find it so disheartening that I've spent maybe 8 hours trying to understand how this dam*ed crown store works.
  • JoStoic
    JoStoic
    ✭✭
    I didn't say it before, and I can't figure out how to edit my comment, but I bought the Gold edition on sale in 2017. i didn't really start playing until about 2 months ago. I don't regret that purchase at all, but games are supposed to be fun. Supporting a game shouldn't feel like I'm being punished for buying the game before everyone else. :(
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JoStoic wrote: »
    I didn't say it before, and I can't figure out how to edit my comment, but I bought the Gold edition on sale in 2017. i didn't really start playing until about 2 months ago. I don't regret that purchase at all, but games are supposed to be fun. Supporting a game shouldn't feel like I'm being punished for buying the game before everyone else. :(

then just pay the price and don't worry about sales?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind, as a Chapter that includes the Warden class is no longer available; it was separated into 1) the Morrowind DLC (3500c) which includes the Vvardenfell zone with access to the Halls of Fabrication 2) and the Warden class (1500c) for people who just want the class. So yes you could buy them in the Crown Store.

However, Morrowind is also bundled in with Elsweyr, and it's on sale right now. For £32 you can buy the 'Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr' (not the Elsweyr Upgrade but the Standard Edition). This bundle contains the Elsweyr Chapter (Northern Elsweyr zone, access to the Sunspire trial, and the Necromancer class), the Summerset DLC (Summerset zone, access to the Cloudrest trial, and the Psijic Guild skill line), and the Morrowind DLC. I'm not sure if this includes the Warden class, or just Vvardenfell, but the bundle is still pretty good value. Far more worth it than a cat banker in my opinion.

It's up to you what you buy of course, and please make sure you're looking at the correct editions (there are upgrades and standard editions, as well collectors editions of both, it can get confusing).

b2913f63af9f3479f247cc30eeec2955.jpg
  • JoStoic
    JoStoic
    ✭✭
    But, can i buy the non upgrade version of elswyr of I already own the base game? I've looked it up many times and there's always a lot of speculation with few conclusive answers.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoStoic wrote: »
    But, can i buy the non upgrade version of elswyr of I already own the base game? I've looked it up many times and there's always a lot of speculation with few conclusive answers.

If you bought any edition containing ESO base game here, you won't be able to buy any other such edition here. Same goes for Steam. Nevertheless, the two are independent on one another, allowing you to bypass that limitation by using the other platform (I did that myself to buy the ESO Standard edition again here to bypass the Steam launcher). Just make sure you Steam account is linked to your ESO account here.

As for the Warden class, anything called "Morrowind DLC" only contains the Vvardenfell zone, while anything called "Morrowind chapter" contains both the Morrowind DLC and the Warden class.
    Edited by Watchdog on July 28, 2019 9:40PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are short of real money, I would suggest using the tamriel trade guild, and "buy" (or gift) gold instead.

This works really well if you have a few characters as level 50.