The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is the game really this big?

justrelaxin63
justrelaxin63
Soul Shriven
I have been trying to download the game to start playing again. I have a clean 115G disk I've been trying to load it on and the game has completely filled it up. The launcher is stuck on "repair". every time I try and run it, it starts to go thru the process, the eventually gets to the "not enough disk space" error message. All the information I can find says the game is only 85G, and needs 20G to run properly. That's 105G. I should have more than enough space, however, like I said, the game files have completely filled all 115G. Is there a list somewhere of the files that I can compare to? Something doesn't seem right. Thanks for any help I can get in this matter.

Best Answers

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need twice the game size free during the initial install.

Just another one of those things ZOS just can't seem to get right ...
    headbang.gif

Answer ✓
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whole game (with all DLCs) is about 260GB, not sure about the version you have.

EDIT: Correction - it's about 180GB. I have PTS installed, which is 80GB
    Edited by Streega on July 24, 2019 8:04PM
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
    Answer ✓
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »

Huh.

PC Live is 78 GB, PTS is 80 GB, and the launcher is 96 MB. Installed. All DLC and Chapters.

I would not have less than 160 GB free to install, though.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Answer ✓
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »

Nope, the game (with all DLCs) is about 80GB on my harddrive ...
    shades.gif

Answer ✓
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhh, I stand corrected - I'm sorry, clicked the wrong folder :| It is 78.5GB all included.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a larger drive, install it there, then move it over to the preferred drive. There is a minor process to move the game
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • justrelaxin63
    justrelaxin63
    Soul Shriven
    Well if that don't just rot. Thanks for the replies. ZOS, ya need to get your act together and remedy this. I didn't have any problems with STO or SWTOR. Just ESO.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm preparing to try the PC standard version, the digital one since it's on a 50% sale.

So I will need 85GB for download + 85GB for installation, right? Website info requirements only mentions 85GB to install...
    Edited by redlink1979 on July 26, 2019 10:26AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    You need twice the game size free during the initial install.

Just another one of those things ZOS just can't seem to get right ...
    headbang.gif

And, word of warning, not just the initial install, sometimes you need twice the whole game size for patches as well..