The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS - Jewelry Master Writ Changes

tmbrinks
tmbrinks
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I posted this in the Feedback thread for the Jewelry Crafting Master Writs in the PTS subforum, but I know some here may be interested, and would like to see the information as well, and may not read that particular subforum.

Now that the "new" jewelry crafting writs are in on the PTS, and we don't have to do writs to get them. I decided to do some testing. Rather than just copy all of them over, I put the relevant information in a spreadsheet and copied that to here. These are based on current prices on Live on PC/NA. I'm in 3 fairly large trade guilds in various locations, so I think my MM pricing data is moderately accurate.

DcNSrpI.jpg

Link to the spreadsheet on Google Sheets

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L5N8aThBNQFG87psmtKrEvrw_dm27NmA/view?usp=sharing

In conclusion. Triune are not worth doing (they're like Hakeijo/Perfect Roe one)

Blue will be worth doing.. and depending on the drop rates, I might be able to sustain doing blue from the grains I get from refining the materials from the surveys I get from Jewelry on 36 characters... maybe

Purple might be plausible (However, I believe with limited supply, if people are doing master jewelry writs, there will be less supply so prices will go up)

Gold still seem like they aren't worth doing. Yet, substantially better than they were before.
Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
61,215 achievement points
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the heads up on jc changes but I'm curious, will all the old master writs I have stored in my bank be obsolete or should i still keep them? Some are as big as 425 writs.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again, @tmbrinks, for the valuable research. Now players can choose which jewelry master writs they can reasonably afford to make. :)

wishlist14 wrote: »
    Thank you for the heads up on jc changes but I'm curious, will all the old master writs I have stored in my bank be obsolete or should i still keep them? Some are as big as 425 writs.

The master writ changes are not retroactive, @wishlist14.

Be sure you’re reading the PTS patch notes to stay current on what’s going on with Update 23 ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 22, 2019 10:46PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They will not be retroactively changed. I just recently destroyed the ones that I was saving.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    ...36 characters...

36?! Wow

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...will all the old master writs I have stored in my bank be obsolete or should i still keep them?..

I was thinking about keeping mine but with this great insight provided by our fellow @tmbrinks I think I will delete most, if not all, of the ones I've been saving. I already deleted all the purple writs that provided less than 100 vouchers.
    I think I will delete the gold ones either: I rather craft a "new" gold writ that grants 600 vouchers instead of an "older" writ that only grants me 300 vouchers.

Edited by redlink1979 on July 23, 2019 9:06AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the insight @tmbrinks

I might have to go on a buying spree of iridium platings before the new patch drops to stock up. I honestly don't think I'll be doing any of the epic/legendary ones even after the change as they still don't look fiscally worthwhile based on the availability of writs.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)