Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar race

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently a high elf, but would like some insight on breton and dark elf please.
I'm thinking if I went breton I could replace 1 recovery glyph with spell damage there for only loosing a small amount but I would gain resistances and better sustain,.
Dark elf would give me 2k stam allowing use of double bloody mara instead of spring loaded infusion with BTB,
Edited by Syiccal on July 22, 2019 9:06PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PVP the Dark Elf stamina bonus might be useful. I like Breton sustain, but I mostly PVE. Bloody Mara is about to be nerfed, so don’t plan around that. There are similar Blue and Purple foods, but neither work with Bright Throat if you use that set.

Also the Breton sustain is worth nearly 2 Magicka recovery glyphs (maybe slightly less with the cost reduction formula change next patch, but still more than one glyph).
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 22, 2019 8:53PM
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go khajiit for PvP, higher tri-stat pools and half of almost standard regen bonus for all stats. And the main passive crit bonus increases both damage and heals.
    Bor both PvE and pvp, Khajiit from my higher experience has the perfect midpoint between damage and sustain that you dont need to invest sustain much and go almost on full damage. The offstat sustain is identical to Altmer offstat sustain
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PVP the Dark Elf stamina bonus might be useful. I like Breton sustain, but I mostly PVE. Bloody Mara is about to be nerfed, so don’t plan around that. There are similar Blue and Purple foods, but neither work with Bright Throat if you use that set.

Also the Breton sustain is worth nearly 2 Magicka recovery glyphs (maybe slightly less with the cost reduction formula change next patch, but still more than one glyph).

I didn't realise that the 7% cost reduction was equivalent to 2 recovery glyphs, is this fact?
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High elf. More dmg and healing. Best stam sustain of magicka races of the fights longer than 24 seconds. Plus the stam return is free from the halt mechanic of blocking.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breton and high elf are good options. Dark elf is not bad, good resources and damage but no sustain buffs. Nord also an option for health, stamina, ultigen, and about 4K resistances (especially in light of the protective nerf that is upcoming).

Honestly you could make most races work. The ones I would rule out are bosmer, orc, redguard, and maybe imperial.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For PvE I would use Breton if you don't run false god. If you do Breton has too much sustain and I would go for Highelf instead. For PvP Breton no matter what.
    Edited by FakeFox on July 23, 2019 12:11AM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

I didn't realise that the 7% cost reduction was equivalent to 2 recovery glyphs, is this fact?

As regen and costreduction scale differently there is no general answer to that. It depends on the build, but yeah it can be that strong.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on your use of skills the cost reduction is worth about 200 Magicka/s, or roughly 140-150% of a Magicka Recovery glyph (depends on your Recovery multiplier, but ~1.6 is pretty typical). The rest of the sustain comes from Breton's 100 Magicka Recovery passive, or another 60% of a glyph.

So yes, right now the Breton sustain is quite powerful. After the next update the cost reduction will be a little less useful, effectively somewhere between 5-6% (even thought the tooltip will still state 7%), due to cost reduction bonuses becoming multiplicative instead of additive. It's still a strong option, and only slightly less effective than 2 Magicka Recovery glyphs.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're all good, races don't matter as much as they did in the past.

High Elf seems to be what most people go for, including myself. The main reason being the 5% less dmg while channeling, it synergizes well with puncturing sweep, beam, and remembrance. Dark Elf has a bigger stam pool. Breton has much better sustain and defense against magicka classes, but less dmg. Argonian has the best overall sustain, less dmg as well.

I've never played a Khajiit, never will. Disgusting furry things...
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on July 23, 2019 3:17PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s the build? Need to necro my magplar soon...
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went with breton
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf easy

Edit: Didn't see you'd already changed.
    Edited by BNOC on July 23, 2019 3:23PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    I went with breton

Congratulations on making the correct choice.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a Dark Elf, mainly because when I was a noob at release I saw all of the "solar", "blazing" and fire-related terms in the skill names and thought the Dark Elf fire damage bonus would be useful (NOT). It works. I like they way they look a lot more than High Elf, but High Elf has passives almost perfectly tailored to magplar.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    I'm a Dark Elf, mainly because when I was a noob at release I saw all of the "solar", "blazing" and fire-related terms in the skill names and thought the Dark Elf fire damage bonus would be useful (NOT). It works. I like they way they look a lot more than High Elf, but High Elf has passives almost perfectly tailored to magplar.

dark elf makes you immune to burning status effect from all fire spells. The dots from this effect also stops DK's from gaining mag from their passive.

It's not as useless as people think.

All races can be good, its about moving the stats around to make them work. For example, redguard running destro/resto might want more destro/resto abilities instead of class skills (rangeplar) and their snare passive pairs well with light armor. Imperial might be the only race that can go heavy magplar but also go ghoul eye drink which other races cannot without specific build changes or dropping 15-20 points into health stat.

Id say bosmer is the only one that doesnt work; you cant dodge roll alot as magplar and the sustain you gain is largely wasted because you dont have % amps. Even orc is good, you just miss out on the 258 WD but gain the rest of the passives plus 10% sprint speed on sprint which pairs well with light armor passives and RAT and they get similar health/stam pools to go ghoul eye like imperial lol.

High elf is the top dog for that dmg reduction in jabs, stam sustain through block, and the insane dmg potential. Dark elf second for damage, breton third if you run more dmg than sustain, rest of the races equal since they all are mostly stam classes and will be gaining the same mag boosts through enchants. I would weigh utility more over the dmg in this case though because 10% sprint speed and cost reduction, with extra stam off orc might be more valuable than an extra 300 effective spell power if trying to pull zergs apart for 1v1/1v2 fights.
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I chose Dark Elf for a number of reasons:

The spell damage is an obvious plus

The extra stamina allowed me to run Bloody Mara over Spring Loaded Infusion which is a massive increase in both health and magicka, I am using Bright Throats on my Magplar so I’m stuck into using a drink, this will be less of a bonus with the upcoming nerf to Mara but will still be noticeable.

As most people on Magplar I am a vampire, I fully think mist form is essential if you are ever planning on fighting outnumbered, that’s my opinion and I’m sure people disagree. The fire resistance helps slightly, not a lot, but slightly compensate for the damage increase from fire sources. The immunity to burning is really good for this reason, the burning status effect is very common and can hit quite hard on a vampire.

The damage reduction while channelling on High Elf has never been of interest to me, I don’t need mitigation while I am being offensive, I need it when I am kiting or healing.
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw