Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fashion of Tamriel

ElleShaped
ElleShaped
✭✭✭
02 June 2014: I've started updating the thread with a Male model as well - he is my guildmate, Rand A'Tor, an Altmer sorcerer. I have all the armor I used for the pictures up here now, so as he levels I'll get them all updated to have both. I've also decided on the format I'll use for the quality upgrades, and once I'm done with the male model pictures and my guild bank is a little less choked with armor, I'll start on those.

Hi everyone!

I'm posting here to share an ongoing project that I'm working on which is to create a comprehensive collection of screenshots illustrating all of the craftable armors in the game.

This is obviously a huge project, so I'll keep this updated as I get them done.

The female model I'm using is my character 'Brielle Shadowlorn', Breton Nightblade on the NA Megaserver. Except for the Imperial armor, I don't have the Imperial Edition nor the motif, so I had my friend 'Adrienne Valeria', Imperial Sorceress, transmute them and then model them for me.

If the chestpiece is a robe, I've also included a shot of the pants themselves, since they're covered in the full-body shot.

Titles are <Raw Material Name>/<Armor Name> <Level> (If there is no level noted, that means it is the lowest level of that material and weight which is available)

To the pictures!
-=Super Bonus Costume Time!=-

-=Bosmer Light Armor=-

Jute
Flax
Cotton
Spidersilk
Ebonthread

Kresh Fiber / Kresh:
Post-Bosmer-Kresh.png

-=Bosmer Medium Armor=-

Topgrain Hide / Brigandine VR1+2:
Post-Bosmer-Brigandine.png

-=Bosmer Heavy Armor=-

Iron / Bone:
Post-Bosmer-Bone.png

Steel

Orichalcum / Bone-Bound:
Post-Bosmer-Bone-Bound.png

Dwarven

Ebony / Bone-Imbued:
Post-Bosmer-Bone-Imbued.png
Calcinium / Calcinium:
Bosmer-Calcinium.bmp
Galatite / Galatite:
Bosmer-Galatite.bmp
Quicksilver / Quicksilver:
Bosmer-Quicksilver.bmp
Voidstone / Voidsteel VR9:
Bosmer-Voidsteel.bmp
Voidstone / Voidsteel VR10:
Bosmer-Voidsteel-VR10.bmp
Edited by ElleShaped on June 2, 2014 9:00PM
Lady Spider of House Arachne, represented by the guild Sanguine Ascendancy. We have a website, too:housearachne.enjin.com

Visit me at my Patreon, www.patreon.com/ElleShaped, or check out my gallery at elleshaped.deviantart.com
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    -=Khajiit Light Armor=-

Jute
    Flax
    Cotton
    Spidersilk
    Ebonthread

Kresh Fiber / Kresh:
    Post-Khajiit-Kresh.png

-=Khajiit Medium Armor=-

Post-Khajiit-Brigandine.png

-=Khajiit Heavy Armor=-

Iron / Iron:
    Khajiit-Iron.bmp

Steel
    Orichalcum
    Dwarven
    Ebony

Calcinium / Calcinium:
    Khajiit-Calcinium.bmp
    Galatite / Galatite:
    Khajiit-Galatite.bmp
    Khajiit-Quicksilver.bmp
    Khajiit-Voidsteel.bmp
    Khajiit-Voidsteel-VR10.bmp
    Edited by ElleShaped on June 2, 2014 9:01PM
    Lady Spider of House Arachne, represented by the guild Sanguine Ascendancy. We have a website, too:housearachne.enjin.com

Visit me at my Patreon, www.patreon.com/ElleShaped, or check out my gallery at elleshaped.deviantart.com
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    -=Altmer Light Armor=-

Jute
    Flax

Cotton / Cotton:
    Post-Altmer-Cotton.png

Spidersilk
    Ebonthread

Kresh Fiber / Kresh:
    Post-Altmer-Kresh.png

-=Altmer Medium Armor=-

Post-Altmer-Brigandine.png

-=Altmer Heavy Armor=-

Iron / Iron:Voidstone / Voidsteel VR9:
    Altmer-Iron.bmp

Steel
    Orichalcum
    Dwarven
    Ebony

Calcinium / Calcinium:
    Altmer-Calcinium.bmp

Galatite

Altmer-Quicksilver.bmp
    Altmer-Voidsteel.bmp
    Altmer-Voidsteel-VR10.bmp
    Edited by ElleShaped on June 2, 2014 9:01PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    -=Dunmer Light Armor=-

Jute
    Flax
    Cotton
    Spidersilk
    Ebonthread

Kresh Fiber / Kresh:
    Post-Dunmer-Kresh.png

-=Dunmer Medium Armor=-

Post-Dunmer-Brigandine.png

-=Dunmer Heavy Armor=-

Iron / Iron:
    Dunmer-Iron.bmp

Steel
    Orichalcum
    Dwarven
    Ebony

Calcinium / Calcinium:
    Dunmer-Calcinium.bmp

Galatite

Dunmer-Quicksilver.bmp
    Dunmer-Voidsteel.bmp
    Edited by ElleShaped on June 2, 2014 9:02PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    -=Argonian Light Armor=-

Jute
    Flax
    Cotton
    Spidersilk
    Ebonthread

Kresh Fiber / Kresh:
    Post-Argonian-Kresh.png

-=Argonian Medium Armor=-

Post-Argonian-Brigandine.png
    Topgrain Hide / Brigandine VR3:
    Post-Argonian-Brigandine-VR3.png

-=Argonian Heavy Armor=-

Iron / Flint:
    Post-Argonian-Flint.png

Steel
    Orichalcum
    Dwarven
    Ebony

Calcinium / Calcinium:
    Argonian-Calcinium.bmp

Galatite

Argonian-Quicksilver.bmp
    Argonian-Voidsteel.bmp
    Edited by ElleShaped on June 2, 2014 8:59PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    -=Nord Light Armor=-

-=Nord Medium Armor=-

Post-Nord-Brigandine.png
    Post-Nord-Brigandine-VR3.png

-=Nord Heavy Armor=-

Iron
    Steel
    Orichalcum
    Dwarven
    Ebony

Calcinium / Calcinium:
    Nord-Calcinium.bmp

Galatite

Nord-Quicksilver.bmp
    Nord-Voidsteel.bmp
    Edited by ElleShaped on June 2, 2014 6:49PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    -=Breton Light Armor=-

-=Breton Medium Armor=-

Post-Breton-Brigandine.png
    Post-Breton-Brigandine-VR3.png

-=Breton Heavy Armor=-

Iron
    Steel
    Orichalcum
    Dwarven
    Ebony

Calcinium / Calcinium:
    Breton-Calcinium.bmp

Galatite

Breton-Quicksilver.bmp
    Breton-Voidsteel.bmp
    Edited by ElleShaped on June 2, 2014 6:50PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    -=Orc Light Armor=-

-=Orc Medium Armor=-

Post-Orc-Brigandine.png
    Post-Orc-Brigandine-VR3.png

-=Orc Heavy Armor=-

Iron
    Steel
    Orichalcum
    Dwarven
    Ebony
    Calcinium
    Galatite

Orc-Quicksilver.bmp
    Orc-Voidsteel.bmp
    Edited by ElleShaped on June 2, 2014 6:51PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    -=Redguard Light Armor=-

-=Redguard Medium Armor=-

Post-Redguard-Brigandine.png
    Post-Redguard-Brigandine-VR3.png

-=Redguard Heavy Armor=-

Redguard-Voidsteel.bmp

-=Imperial Light Armor=-

-=Imperial Medium Armor=-

Post-Imperial-Brigandine.png

-=Imperial Heavy Armor=-

Edited by ElleShaped on June 2, 2014 8:09PM

• Grayphilosophy
    Grayphilosophy
    ✭✭✭
    You, I like you for this. Nice initiative :)
  • Jopam_Merichi
    Really appreciate the work you are doing, keep it up. Maybe even add the male models as well, though that might be too much work :smiley:
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    I intend to add the male models. Sadly I forgot that I needed them for the armors I already did, so I'm going to have to reconstruct them :)

From here on, though, as I make the armor I can just use the bank to swap them over. The white quality crafted items don't bind, so it'll be easy enough to switch over and take another set of shots.

• Woogawoman
    Woogawoman
    ✭✭✭
    Nice work. Have you considered adding your shots to ESO Fashion? http://eso-fashion.com
    Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know about it! I will have to see what they're missing that I've done, and send some of them in.

• Amylee4000
    Nice work, :) There is a web, Eso Fashion who is doing the same with the contribution of the players.. http://eso-fashion.com/ Keep the good work.
    See! on yon drear and rigid bier low lies thy love, Lenore!
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Later today I will be able to get nearly all of the Ebonthread armors, because I spent so much time picking it in Coldharbour as I was finishing my last 3 levels until vet rank. Likewise with Ebony heavy armor, though I might not be able to get all of them done in that time.

I'm sitting on a silly pile of Vet Rank 1 materials, too, but I want to make sure I can get all the real armor I need made before I use all those materials.

Sadly my leather collection hasn't been nearly as good so there's going to be medium armor gaps for a while yet. The good news is that I just finally had the gold for my respec (I decided to wait until VR 1 to do one, so that I could streamline my skill points) and so I have a lot of free gold now to buy the lower tier materials I'll need.

Once the servers come back up I'm gonna get started! <grin>

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    I just added a bunch of new ones - a lot of Ebony, Calcinium, Ebonthread, Kresh Fiber, and Spidersilk, and a few others that I happened to have the materials for.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Now Iron is done! And I got my friend to transmute and model the Imperial version, too, so I put that in the last post after the Redguard stuff (since I forgot to include a post for Imperial when I set up the thread, alas!)

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Holy crap, breaking news. I first heard from Adrienne, and then saw for myself on Breton Kresh Fiber clothes: There are several colorations in each material tier. I am currently doing a comprehensive check of a couple lines of clothes to see if I can determine the exact pattern, it is not every 2 levels, but there may be a pattern once I get more data.

I put up my pictures of the Kresh / Kresh VR2, so you can see how big a different it is but it isn't a change in the form, just the color.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. I have to do at least one other line to make sure the pattern is the same, but I made every level of Dunmer Heavy Armor, and here is the cycle (Imagine it's like rhyme scheme notation)
    Iron
    1    A
    4    B
    6    B
    8    C
    10   C
    12   C
    14   D

Steel
    16   E
    18   E
    20   E
    22   F
    24   F

Orichalcum
    26   G
    28   G
    30   G
    32   H
    34   H

Dwarven
    36   I
    38   I
    40   I
    42   J
    44   J

Ebony
    46   K
    48   K
    50   K

Calcinium
    VR1  L
    VR2  L

Additionally, I discovered something else: Every armor weight has three armor levels (VR-1,2,3) for the first-tier Veteran material (Kresh Fiber, Topgrain Hide, Calcinium) -except- the Calcinium Chestpiece, which only has VR 1 and 2 levels. It appears this was just something overlooked in the crafting layout.

It's getting late, so I wo'n't get to it tonight, but tomorrow I am going to do a run of Light and then Medium armors to confirm the cycle, and then I will update the gallery posts above to reflect the new breakdown in styles. Looks like this will multiply the total number of sets of armor by about 3.

Also - every picture up above is of the minimum level of the item (Except the Kresh Breton VR2, obviously, which is a good example of the variations to be found in each tier.)
    Edited by ElleShaped on April 20, 2014 5:48AM

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElleShaped wrote: »
    Holy crap, breaking news. I first heard from Adrienne, and then saw for myself on Breton Kresh Fiber clothes: There are several colorations in each material tier. I am currently doing a comprehensive check of a couple lines of clothes to see if I can determine the exact pattern, it is not every 2 levels, but there may be a pattern once I get more data.

I put up my pictures of the Kresh / Kresh VR2, so you can see how big a different it is but it isn't a change in the form, just the color.

Yes, and also as you improve the equipment it will change colouring as well. So lots to do! If you'd like a redguard model, let me know.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Archlama
    Archlama
    Very Nicely done, keep going :D
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    I very strongly approve of how much variety they put into the clothes! But oh my, this is going to destroy my bag space... <grin>

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed that quality (white/green/blue/purple/gold) -does indeed- affect the appearance as well. I'm pretty sure how I'm going to add it to the layout of my thread without being too cluttered, but... that's going to be a very long-term project. I'll get the base forms down first and then spread out.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Calcinium VR 1 is finished. I'm going to hold off while they investigate the oddness in the breastplates (missing VR 3 and strange appearance incongruities in the whole sets) before I go for VR 2 and 3 Calcinium.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. Added the Bosmer Topgrain Hide/Brigandine. I also verified that for light, medium, and heavy armors VR1 and VR2 is the same. What I had up as 'Breton Kresh VR2' was actually green or higher quality Breton Kresh, the VR level wasn't the change it was the quality (because that was gear I had made for actual use, I made it green quality or higher before I took the shots because I hadn't noticed the quality level changes.) I axed all the Breton Kresh and will have to redo those in the near future.

• EvulKlowne
    Very useful post. Thanks!
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Added Breton Brigandine VR1 and VR3 (Topgrain Hide medium armor)

Also cleaned up a few links I broke but forgot to remove when I discovered the Kresh issue.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Whoo! Ok, a lot of backend work done. I've finalized how I think I will set up the pictures, and this time it is extensible to include every quality level. I've also updated my tracking spreadsheet to cover the 'different quality levels' and 'multiple versions per material' issues.

I kept the images themselves 500px wide, because I think that has a nice compromise between being readable and displaying well on all monitors. However, I've made a master template that's 2500px wide to accomodate each quality level, and once it gets wider than 1000 (i.e. when I add blue images and it hits 1500) I will likely change the thread image to be smaller and be clickable to see the full version, so it doesn't destroy the thread's layout.

By way of example, here's the new Breton Brigandine picture (also above in its appropriate place):

Post-Breton-Brigandine.png

It seems to work well for me, any comments?

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Made a second template for robes, because of the whole 'pants need a separate picture' thing. Added Bosmer Kresh and Kresh VR3 white and green.

Wow, the quality changes can make a huge difference in the appearance sometimes. Good thing I found out about this early or I could've made some pretty ugly errors down the road!

• yuikami
    yuikami
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting this! Really good Ref ^o^/