The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Deadly Strike Armor Set Not Working For Some DOTS

BrokenGameMechanics
BrokenGameMechanics
✭✭✭✭
So was experimenting with the overhauled Deadly Strike set. The 14% bonus does not appear to be working with Caltrops or Arrow Barrage. If I "break" the set and swap out my 5th Deadly with some random armor pc my tooltip damage for these two skills often increases. That is not right. Shouldn't Deadly Strike's "Increase the damage your Physical, Bleed, Poison, and Disease Damage over time abilities do by 14%" work for Caltrops and Arrow Barrage? Can anyone confirm this is a bug on PTS?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you test this on a dummy? Or are you just going by tooltips? Because it sounds like you are just going by tooltips, if you just go by tooltips, you are going to have a bad time.
  • BrokenGameMechanics
    BrokenGameMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you test this on a dummy? Or are you just going by tooltips? Because it sounds like you are just going by tooltips, if you just go by tooltips, you are going to have a bad time.

Yea, I know how that can be sometimes. Suffice it to say that since I'm playing with Deadly pretty much my entire skillbar is DOTS. I can clearly see a sizeable jump up and down with tooltips values on other DOT skills. However, not with Caltrops or Arrow Barrage.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yea, I know how that can be sometimes. Suffice it to say that since I'm playing with Deadly pretty much my entire skillbar is DOTS. I can clearly see a sizeable jump up and down with tooltips values on other DOT skills. However, not with Caltrops or Arrow Barrage.

Again, don't trust tooltips. Test on dummy. Simple.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 21, 2019 11:22PM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK this has been the case since they reworked the set to its current state.

It is only affecting ST Dots (and for some reason AOE Jabs fror templar)
    IMO it should also boost all DOTS, not just ST ones....and still its weaker than Lokkestiiz in PE, since Lokke boosts also direct DMG :/
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer