Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Light Amor and PvP now and in U23

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there even a point to it wearing 5 LA pieces, with the LA shield getting nerfed even more and all the other benefits Heavy (and even Medium - not saying you should wear Medium as Magicka yet their passives are superior for PvP) has to offer?

Serious question.
Edited by Seraphayel on July 20, 2019 10:51AM
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn’t help that protective is also getting nerfed into complete obsolidity further screwing over light armor users.
    But aside from that, light will still be amazing because it’s passives are almost unmatched
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Doesn’t help that protective is also getting nerfed into complete obsolidity further screwing over light armor users.
    But aside from that, light will still be amazing because it’s passives are almost unmatched

Yeah light passives are nice and all but when you have 9k resistances and a limp *** shield then it's pretty hard to stay alive.

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what’s happening to ‘protective’?
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

As usual Zenimax decided to nerf it into the ground instead of tweaking it, they are reducing the amount of resistances you get from it by quite a lot.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As usual Zenimax decided to nerf it into the ground instead of tweaking it, they are reducing the amount of resistances you get from it by quite a lot.

I had a quick look at the patch notes but couldn't find the info
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's like 1100 resistance per piece instead of 1850.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well.....that's *** then!!!!
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pray tell. What damage set from heavy are you going to wear? I can think of...a handful, like two or three, maybe four that would be ok for magick builds.

I'm in three damage sets, my armor set is spell strat currently. If I were to go for a heavy set, say inate axiom. I would lose 300 spell damage, 5k spell pen, massive resource management and 10% crit. And God help me if I go heavy defense set...the massive damage my build has is miles above heavy armor. Matter of fact, with everyone gaining really good healing buffs, there is zero reason to run heavy...ever, stam or mag.

Shields were nerfed because they are going to be incredibly helpful at allowing ur HoT to heal you up, with mutagen, rapid regen and ward heals, you might not even need shields on magsorc. Could be wrong...we'll see
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Protective: Reduced this item trait to 1190 Physical and Spell Resistance at CP160 Legendary quality from 1844, to ensure its strength is similar to other jewelry traits.

Copy pasted it from the patch notes, so we got about a 35% on protective.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Pray tell. What damage set from heavy are you going to wear? I can think of...a handful, like two or three, maybe four that would be ok for magick builds.

I'm in three damage sets, my armor set is spell strat currently. If I were to go for a heavy set, say inate axiom. I would lose 300 spell damage, 5k spell pen, massive resource management and 10% crit. And God help me if I go heavy defense set...the massive damage my build has is miles above heavy armor. Matter of fact, with everyone gaining really good healing buffs, there is zero reason to run heavy...ever, stam or mag.

Shields were nerfed because they are going to be incredibly helpful at allowing ur HoT to heal you up, with mutagen, rapid regen and ward heals, you might not even need shields on magsorc. Could be wrong...we'll see

With all the massive ST damage coming in U23 I am not sure if three damage sets for PvP make sense because especially with LA you might be dead before you can do anything especially as Magicka with subpar Stamina pool. It will be even worse than now because range doesn’t mean anything in PvP when Stamina builds get access to snare/root immunity and can counter CC way better than Magicka (LA) builds can.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Khenzy
    Khenzy
    ✭✭✭
    As other posters said in this thread, you sacrifice too much damage by not going 5 light, and now with nerfed Pirate Skeleton and Protective, in addition to increased DoT damage and increased stamina mobility (which translates to more time in your face), you WILL need a defensive set, Blood Spawn and newely buffed Regeneration wont cut it. Sets like Buffer of the Swift will definetly become meta.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to year two? three? of the golden age of stamina.

ZOS dev 1: magicka groups are still somehow able to get wins against stamina groups despite our best efforts.

ZOS dev 2: we’ll see about that
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High tooltip abilities still hit decently hard when I use all light fortified brass/crafty/ slimecraw. Sorc curse and proc frag hit about 6k crit, spammables about 2k. Kind of odd how some abilities hit good and others are basically a waste of magicka.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah wear LA. Why in the world do you think you can’t reach resistance cap in 5 light? Lol.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Protective: Reduced this item trait to 1190 Physical and Spell Resistance at CP160 Legendary quality from 1844, to ensure its strength is similar to other jewelry traits.

Copy pasted it from the patch notes, so we got about a 35% on protective.

Yeah so basically it’s a useless ass trait now. Gg zos for nerfing a trait that wasn’t even overperforming into complete obsolidity
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mostly people will be in light anyway because magicka has bugger all for good heavy sets if you want to do damage.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    A better response than the protective nerf would have been to introduce a penetration trait or enchant to directly counter it. Cause as it stands now that is the problem with the whole tank/defensive meta is you can stack resistance much easier than penetration with less tradeoffs. And jewelry has an imbalance in this regard. And the onslaught ulti will benefit stam more than mag.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Mostly people will be in light anyway because magicka has bugger all for good heavy sets if you want to do damage.

So Magicka can stay as squishy as they are while Stamina especially with the buffs to Medium and the options for Heavy prove superior, again?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you lose 1% dmg reduction per protective.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

So Magicka can stay as squishy as they are while Stamina especially with the buffs to Medium and the options for Heavy prove superior, again?

Have some defence built into the class. It's like what 14k/15k with a 5/1/1 setup and armour buffs?

Throw in a few protective/ or a defensive set and you're golden.
    PS4 EU DC

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have some defence built into the class. It's like what 14k/15k with a 5/1/1 setup and armour buffs?

Yea only protective got nerfed so...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder why?

Choice between 3% worth of armour of 1k stam/ magicka.... Such a hard choice.
    PS4 EU DC

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wonder why?

It wasn’t even over performing. Literally was fine as it was. But apparently because one heavy armor spec that stacked 3 protective was so Op that light armor users must now suffer due to it.
    Gg zos can’t balance a game at all
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder why?

It wasn’t even over performing. Literally was fine as it was. But apparently because one heavy armor spec that stacked 3 protective was so Op that light armor users must now suffer due to it.

You can run around with like 25/30k armour on light/ medium builds.

Is was a no brainer to give up so little to gain so much mitigation.

Now instead of 3% per protective its 2%. You'll lose 3% armour in total if you use 3, not exactly game breaking for it is it.
    PS4 EU DC

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder why?

Now instead of 3% per protective its 2%. You'll lose 3% armour in total if you use 3, not exactly game breaking for it is it.

Losing 2600 Magicka/stamina or 300 spell damage/ weapon damage (infused) is a noticeable loss in damage from running protective. So I’m a little curious about why it was nerfed as well. It’s not like going protective was a no brainer. It’s actually a difficult decision for most builds to give up that much damage.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder why?

Losing 2600 Magicka/stamina or 300 spell damage/ weapon damage (infused) is a noticeable loss in damage from running protective. So I’m a little curious about why it was nerfed as well. It’s not like going protective was a no brainer. It’s actually a difficult decision for most builds to give up that much damage.

Because the amount of dmg you lose is a lot less than the defence you gained.

You got 9% mitigation for 3 protective and depending on your build gave up a lot less dmg.

A generic build is like what 35k mag/stam and 3.5k spell/ wpn dmg or like 40k with 3k etc...

So to give up 2.6k resources (or 3k~ with cp bonus) or 300 spell/ wpn dmg with those setups is only roughly 4.2% dmg loss.

This will be higher with less dmg/ stats but it's not going to come close to 9%.it was previously.
    PS4 EU DC

• zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to play devils advocate, it was annoying as hell to fight Templar’s as a mag dk when they purge all your dots and then they’re running 3 piece protective. Can’t proc burning passive nor do enough damage to make a difference. Thank god it’s nerfed.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If running 2 damage or 1 sustain 1 damage, use monster sets for tankiness.
    OR
    Use 1 damage set & 1 defensive set & use monster for sustain.
    OR
    Use 1 sustain set & 1 defensive set & use gold infused jewelry w/damage glyphs; use whatever monster set you like.

All of these can be made with 5 light + 2 heavy & have ~20-30k resistances; glhf
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Current protective allows you to have about 1-2% less damage mitigation in light compared to wearing heavy with arcane, and you deal more damage, have about the same healing due to crit, and have better sustain. Now heavy will have 5% more mitigation. Light armor users just need to bulld more into defense if we went to be defensive, or play better and use the tools available
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I wonder why?

Because the amount of dmg you lose is a lot less than the defence you gained.

You got 9% mitigation for 3 protective and depending on your build gave up a lot less dmg.

A generic build is like what 35k mag/stam and 3.5k spell/ wpn dmg or like 40k with 3k etc...

So to give up 2.6k resources (or 3k~ with cp bonus) or 300 spell/ wpn dmg with those setups is only roughly 4.2% dmg loss.

This will be higher with less dmg/ stats but it's not going to come close to 9%.it was previously.

@leepalmer95

Except medium armor wearers have the option of running SnB (while gaining 5% weapon damage from its passive) for protection.

There is no equivalent for magic-based characters. A frost destro gives you some protection- but you don’t get a passive 5% spell damage increase from just having it equipped.

So the nerf to protective is more detrimental to light armor wearers than to medium/heavy.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren