Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store gifting idea

Moonsorrow
Moonsorrow
✭✭✭✭✭
Since did say the idea on Crown Store gifting already on another topic, i think it could use a topic of itself here at the right place.

In short: Crown Store gifting is a nice feature, but many are using it as a way to trade gold for crown store items. And every now and then scams happen, that can be both complicated things on what was agreed, language barriers and of course just clear scams where some just try to gather maximum amount of gold as long as can.

A solution i`ve been thinking that would be a win-win for everyone would be if could buy the Crown Store item (say a monster weapon style package as an example) as a "Loot/Gift Box" item, that you could send as COD, that could also list to guild trader. Box would name itself same as it is on crown store to avoid confusion on what is inside.

Would make trading safe.

ZOS would obviously get the real money first, and then the buyer their gold when someone buys the Box. Win-Win for everyone. And as i think might increase some of the Crown Store items sales, because some would buy things to increase their guild trader sales with big packages. Yeah, people like their high ranks froms sales. :p

But besides the positive income, fewer complaints about scams to CS would be the biggest benefit and happy players who get what they want with their gold.

Thoughts? :)
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I say keep it simple and straightforward with Crown Promissory Notes in denominations of 100, 1000, and 10000 Crowns.
    -A Tradeable item that lets you redeem it for Crowns. This would replace gifting as the main (and insecure) way to "sell Crowns".
    -Not saleable to NPC vendors.
    -Redeemed by Destroying it -- so you can't "accidentally" destroy it, nor can you accidentally redeem it.
    -If you can't sell it, you can just redeem it yourself. Lossless.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6125916/#Comment_6125916

There's a reason why works-like-cash gift cards are popular in the real world -- it's easy to understand and flexible.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works too, anything that makes the trading be easy and safe for everyone.

But, the Box version i am suggesting might be more profitable for ZOS and thus could happen.. why? Because on my model some could buy limited time items also and then sell on trader with the price they want. Making value go higher after they are no longer in Store. In your model, you could only buy whatever is on Store right when you use the crown "gift card".

In my model i see some buying even several limited time items and listing them.. of course market, as in supply & demand would make the pricing decently affordable. People would also have a way of getting some items when it is no longer at Store this way if enough coin. And ZOS would hear the chi-ching from the cash register. :p

• Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sort of take the not getting negative feedback as a silent agreement that system like this would be accepted, since would benefit everyone with more safe trading.

Though, posting to general discussions could have started more active discussion about it, but trolls would appear also that disagree just to disagree even if a suggestion would only benefit everyone and have no negative effects on it to anyone. :p
  • alison22000
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Since did say the idea on Crown Store gifting already on another topic, i think it could use a topic of itself here at the right place.

In short: Crown Store gifting is a nice feature, but many are using it as a way to trade gold for crown store items. And every now and then scams happen, that can be both complicated things on what was agreed, language barriers and of course just clear scams where some just try to gather maximum amount of gold as long as can.

A solution i`ve been thinking that would be a win-win for everyone would be if could buy the Crown Store item (say a monster weapon style package as an example) as a "Loot/Gift Box" item, that you could send as COD, that could also list to guild trader. Box would name itself same as it is on crown store to avoid confusion on what is inside.

Would make trading safe.

ZOS would obviously get the real money first, and then the buyer their gold when someone buys the Box. Win-Win for everyone. And as i think might increase some of the Crown Store items sales, because some would buy things to increase their guild trader sales with big packages. Yeah, people like their high ranks froms sales. :p

But besides the positive income, fewer complaints about scams to CS would be the biggest benefit and happy players who get what they want with their gold.

As a trader of crowns. I can see one major floor with that idea. If the player changes their mind on the said item. Then the owner of crowns is also out of pocket until hopefully someone comes along to buy it.

The simpler thing to do is to join a large trading guild. Many crown sellers must provide references to be listed as trusted. This reassured buyers because no trustworthy player is going to ruin a trusted name for a few extra gold. If you buy outside of guild or trading guild, your playing the odds.
    Edited by alison22000 on July 21, 2019 4:48PM
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really need a safer way to change crowns for gold. I'm up for this.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

Would make trading safe.

As a trader of crowns. I can see one major floor with that idea. If the player changes their mind on the said item. Then the owner of crowns is also out of pocket until hopefully someone comes along to buy it.

The simpler thing to do is to join a large trading guild. Many crown sellers must provide references to be listed as trusted. This reassured buyers because no trustworthy player is going to ruin a trusted name for a few extra gold. If you buy outside of guild or trading guild, your playing the odds.

Same risk as anything in a market, if someone buys something (lets say with gold) then relists it on trader with a bit higher price, it is a risk, that can pay or have to put with a bit lower price.

It would work also then to have some competition on the price.

This would just be an extra option to the one method available already. I know people would use this to put things to their trader.

Way more simple and safe than having to become some trusted trader in some 3rd party channel/website. It would work without any effort from anyone.

Just saying. :)
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love if we could use trade window for it like the one we use for trading items in game :) It can even happen in same window, just need to add possibility to add store items to it.

1) trading window appears
    2) players put their offers in it (need to have enough gold and crowns of course)
    3) both sides confirm carefully; crowns are charged, gold and gift(s) are delivered

No delay, no risk to waste crowns on a gift which won't be accepted, no risk to not receive gold or gift <3
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I would love if we could use trade window for it like the one we use for trading items in game :) It can even happen in same window, just need to add possibility to add store items to it.

1) trading window appears
    2) players put their offers in it (need to have enough gold and crowns of course)
    3) both sides confirm carefully; crowns are charged, gold and gift(s) are delivered

No delay, no risk to waste crowns on a gift which won't be accepted, no risk to not receive gold or gift <3

Would work and would like that as an option also. :)

Still, being able to buy things and put them on trader like in my model also would open up tactical buying and selling of limited time offers, some could buy extra and sell them, those with gold could get them even after limited time offer went already. Many been often hoping such an option. So this would give that too, if one has coin.. :p
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Less risk, but yeah. You could be "held hostage" by the person who then demands a lower rate on the crowns to take it off your hands.
    Right now if you go through a broker, they would have had to put up the agreed-upon gold first to be held by the broker, so they couldn't back out.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 22, 2019 7:45AM