The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vMoL - Skinrai/Vashai Adds

Noldornir
Noldornir
✭✭✭
Been in vMoL lately and a VERY annoying visual glitch is happening 90% times;

Have you ever been in a dungeon/trial lately? Noticed how sometimes adds are NOT showing for just 1-2 player in the group WHILE they are actually there?
If you experienced this you probably have noticed the following:

-The "invisible" adds are actually there and can damage you
- You can't target them (since invisible) but if you drop an AoE you WILL hit them (you'll see damage number floating in thin air where the mob is supposed to be).

I do tank and in vMoL often when the twin adds spawns I can't just see them in time here's what happens:

-I clearly see the "pillar" of light/shadow where these adds are supposed to spawn
-After this pillar i see nothing for 3 secs or so
-After this time the adds actually spawn BUT by that time they aggroed someone else and moved somewhere else, skinrai's ones in particular (melee) tends to go where they aggro and are hard to "call back" (their hitbox tends to be covered by vashai's one so very hard to inner fire on them. Sometimes too far away to safely chain them as well).

This is happening both on me and/or the other tank not always but kinda randomish (sometimes i just see them fine as supposed to be) still it's very likely that at least one of us get this annoying bug preventing the clear or making it much more hard than intended.

Since I can clearly see runs with good scores happening i'm wondering if other groups are experiencing this and how are they facing the issue.

Thx in advance,

Forgot to mention:
Playing on PS4-EU but probably the problem is not PS4 exclusive.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a game performance issue. It's not uncommon for people with a poor GPU for things to not render for a while. If you were on PC, I'd say upgrade your hardware and get a better GPU. With my old system, adds on twins rendering late and being invisible/untargetable was not an uncommon occurrence, and I would have to restart the game to get it to show reliably. Once I upgraded the system, it never happened again.

But you're on console, so... um... sorry?
    Edited by code65536 on July 17, 2019 4:02PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    Ty code, that was my feeling as well 'bout the issue.

Still:

Every ps4 player has same HW, is anyone aware of a way to address the problem "as is"?

How do console/low spec PC players actually get those adds when/if it happens that they spawn rly late?

The tank keeping Skinrai especially has a lot of problems 'cause the adds are running "randomly" and then become visible when they are out of range/locked in someone else hitbox (usually Vashai's one).

Vashai's one are a little better 'cause they don't move so much being ranged (even tho they use their skills while still invisible and you only see the orbs coming to you)
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant provide a solution but yes this happend to my group as well and not only in raids, since elsweyr i also get this when fighting dragons for example, lots of ground aoe's arent shown for a while, you just notice that you stand in stupid when you watch your healthbar....
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's a similar issue as in Blessed Crucible, on the 2nd boss, before Trollking. The Scorpion mini boss starts taking and doing damage if you put down your AOEs at spawn location.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    This is a game performance issue. It's not uncommon for people with a poor GPU for things to not render for a while. If you were on PC, I'd say upgrade your hardware and get a better GPU. With my old system, adds on twins rendering late and being invisible/untargetable was not an uncommon occurrence, and I would have to restart the game to get it to show reliably. Once I upgraded the system, it never happened again.

But you're on console, so... um... sorry?

I dont think all of that issues are connected to the GPU of the users. For example in BRP it's pretty common lately for adds to show in different locations then the real one so nobody in group can target them but they can target group members or to do wierd moonwalk after reaching their designated target. It happened in many different teams I was there with and always when it happens it happens for all group members at the same time so I highly doubt it's user GRU related issue. It also started to occur way more often after Elsweyr patch which highly suggest it's server side issue. Before elsweyr it was just bug that happened once per like 10 runs now it's good if You'll do 2 runs in a row without that bug occuring.

Edited by Juhasow on July 18, 2019 12:14PM
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of times it happens in dungeons that adds are invisible for one random team member; if you have headsets n talk with your mates it will happen many times that one says:

Where are mobs?
    Guys they are invisible to me!
    What are you guys fighting?

If you drop an AoE down while this happens you'll see numbers floating in the air (so you ARE hitting them and they ARE indeed there).

This is a problem in no death runs tho (and an avoidable one - just let the tank go first and it's ok-ish).

But in vMoL twins fight with colors, stationary fight (for tanks) it's a real issue not to be able to chain/taunt em quick (cause there slow means probably fail)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I dont think all of that issues are connected to the GPU of the users. For example in BRP it's pretty common lately for adds to show in different locations then the real one so nobody in group can target them but they can target group members or to do wierd moonwalk after reaching their designated target.

That's a separate, entirely unrelated issue.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always tank vashai and obviously self chain adds, don't really have problems with them because they tend to stay where they spawn even if there is a lag between the light and them actually being visible. On the other hand last Tuesday I had trouble seeing the spawn of adds in the corridor in the second phase. To put a long story short the savage went on its merry way before being visible to me and debuffed a few people and they died later on.

This is not the only issue I've got. Sometimes Savage doesn't do its animation and I'm debuffed. Usually I'm trying to dodge roll its debuff but when it just stands there doing nothing... it's difficult.

All trials have problems now, the desync is just ridiculous. Yesterday for example while doing VAS HM the group healer got killed by the breath even though he was on the other side of the arena... like what the actual F.

Playing on PS4 too.
    Edited by AgaTheGreat on July 18, 2019 1:49PM
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noldornir wrote: »

How do console/low spec PC players actually get those adds when/if it happens that they spawn rly late?

PS4 NA, our group has seen this happen, although it seems it's rarer for us than you.

This will depend on who gets aggro over on Vashai side if they run over there, but more often than not it's the healer or dps. They need to be aware that if they drew aggro, they should kite them (back away from the rest of the Vashai group) so the Skin'rai tank can get a hold of them. If they are aggro'd on the tank, you'll just have to try and heal through and nuke during prayer when the group can target them.

Alternatively, if you're really having major issues with it, you could put a chainer / taunter on Skin'rai side to help the tank. The idea being that a dps chainer / taunt will have a bit more freedom of movement to get closer to grab a Skin'rai add that aggrod deep in the Vashai group cleanly and not accidentally pull something they shouldn't.

The second option is not ideal as you'll want that person always back on Skin'rai side after prayer phase to be in a position to get the next wave, so that person would need to follow the old 'originals' strategy. I'd probably only use that as a last resort if all else is failing though.
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭

PS4 NA, our group has seen this happen, although it seems it's rarer for us than you.

This will depend on who gets aggro over on Vashai side if they run over there, but more often than not it's the healer or dps. They need to be aware that if they drew aggro, they should kite them (back away from the rest of the Vashai group) so the Skin'rai tank can get a hold of them. If they are aggro'd on the tank, you'll just have to try and heal through and nuke during prayer when the group can target them.

Alternatively, if you're really having major issues with it, you could put a chainer / taunter on Skin'rai side to help the tank. The idea being that a dps chainer / taunt will have a bit more freedom of movement to get closer to grab a Skin'rai add that aggrod deep in the Vashai group cleanly and not accidentally pull something they shouldn't.

The second option is not ideal as you'll want that person always back on Skin'rai side after prayer phase to be in a position to get the next wave, so that person would need to follow the old 'originals' strategy. I'd probably only use that as a last resort if all else is failing though.

Solid advices TYVM,

I reckon the first one is safer as long as everyone in the group is reliable.

Probably having an extra-chainer that can reform with Skinrai tanks can make it easier for others DDs/heals tho. especially if they are kinda new to the place
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've had a similar issue on Xbox NA, but also we were experiencing an issue with our tanks ability to chain the adds in. In order to help get past this fight, we just had a Stam DPS slot Silver Leash (specifically for the Skinrai melee adds).
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trials are all a hot mess right now. The conversion indicators in MoL are back to not working, along with the in-game text notifier, and vAS is a total crapshoot. Lothis literally spins his cone in a circle now on hm, even when the target is standing still, and targeting for spit and breath is all over the place (except where it's supposed to be). It's super frustrating.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero