Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elemental Blockade or Winter`s Revenge as a magden?

Horcsogg
Horcsogg
Both have their advantages and disadvantages, Elemental Blockade only works short range whereas Winter`s Revenge can be placed anywhere. Downside of the Revenge skill is that it covers a much smaller area.

Which one is more useful as a magicka warden? I am also using Force Pulse as my spammable so I need to chill enemies with either one of these skills.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blockade is better. Wider AOE, has a chance to root, procs enchants after bar swap, etc etc. Use infused or charged staff w/ frost glyph if you want to maximize chilled uptime.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use a Maelstrom Staff then Blockade is much better than Winter’s Revenge.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Winter's Revenge is weak. I want to like it, I really do.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for pvp you can use frost blockade to immobilise enemies.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually run both. PvP mind you.

It's nuts how much impact magden has in fights.

I often wonder if it's just the build when I see complaints.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use both, and no spammable. It's a group build though, doing lots of aoe dmg and healing.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blockade of Frost is almost always better, but depending on build you could certainly use both. I started running Blockade on my back bar even before it was cool, and while it's not what it was pre-nerfs, it's still not too bad.

Edit: Next patch, Blockade will be losing 1/3 of its damage per tick, but have a 50% longer duration at max rank. While the damage can currently add up quite well in some cases, I think it'll overall probably be better in Scalebreaker, since you won't need to refresh it as much (unless you're repositioning it, obviously).
    Edited by wheem_ESO on July 19, 2019 4:51AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blockade of frost only roots enemies who have been chilled.
    And winter's revenge has increased chance to chill enemies.

This makes the two go together like bread and butter.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woe all the way. I wouldn't bother with winters revenge mainly for the reason that you have a stronger aoe denial/pressure tool with corrupting pollen. Corrupting and Revenge both share the same gimmicky/easy to barswap-fail ground targeting so I would not recommend using both - you will already lose a lot of infight cds due to that by just using one of them - which should be corrupting in pvp.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Blockade of frost only roots enemies who have been chilled.
    And winter's revenge has increased chance to chill enemies.

This makes the two go together like bread and butter.

The key with Blockade of Frost is that since it's a weapon AoE skill it procs your back bar enchant even while you switch to your front bar. It's best to run a Frost glyph with an infused or charged ice staff, it procs chilled like crazy on a warden since chill chance is increased by both destro and warden passives. This in turn leads to very frequent roots.
    Edited by cheemers on July 20, 2019 2:43AM
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC