The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Attn: ZOS - Why is Flurry still useless in PvP

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a question after 4+ years of playing this game Flurry is still useless in PvP.

3 years ago people were not as mobile as they are today. And you maybe had a chance of hitting them with the full 0.6 seconds. You'd get maybe 1 or 2 hits but today it's impossible.

Suggestion: Maybe adding a 1 sec hard snare to the ability so you can actually hit them with the full 0.6sec channel time.

Other things have not worked in the past such as stuns or poison immobilized becuase ppl instantly roll dodge out making it nearly impossible to hit even 1 hit from flurry.

Pve it's really good but PvP it's doesn't make no kind of impact and a useless skill to have on the bar.

Plus it's been a burst meta for 3+ years when will full dot builds get some love again ?

Any suggestions, constructive criticism or positive feedback is welcome in the community.

Thanks 👍
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah it's ok now. i saw it used by 2 people, 1 AD 1 DC last night in the NA's biggest campaign. since it's also considered a "DoT", it gets easily buffed.

and speaking of DoT, that's a DK meta too....

that being said, if Dizzying gets a shorter time in PTS, i think Flurry can too.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. I use Flurry all the time. But thats with Mountain and Way of Fire. So i am just using it to proc those. Would have to agree it does not do the job as a pure damage spammable though. It’s weird because with the recent buff it should be on par with other spammables in term of damage.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Works fine on my stamsorc but maybe that's cause I'm more mobile and can stay on top of my target as I've been shredding people with it. Between it and hurricane I'm guaranteed those surge procs on CD without having to stack crit at all.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Works really well in duels but yeah its pretty weak in open world PvP.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used Flurry in open world PvP - for 3 years and with using it this long there are a few things you should know.

1) If you hear the flurry animation ( sound ) it doesn't nessesarly mean you hit all 5 hits.

2) When you use the ability your speed even though it's high, is greatly reduced in order to channel the attack. Thus - having any enemy easily being able to get away or being hit by 1 or 2 hits from flurry.

3) Its a rough playstyle to master espeacially becuase players are so used to a burst playstyle with 2h - DB's - and other burst combos that were all used to.

Obviously playstyles change in CP vs Non CP it's a bit more reliable in non CP.
    Edited by WeylandLabs on July 19, 2019 1:31AM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Well. I use Flurry all the time. But thats with Mountain and Way of Fire. So i am just using it to proc those. Would have to agree it does not do the job as a pure damage spammable though. It’s weird because with the recent buff it should be on par with other spammables in term of damage.

it's not because it often doesn't hit all 5, especially in CP where people get away fast.

yes it's a cast, u need to stay on target the whole time. i remember the time u can initiate flurry, turn around and run, and it'll still register 5 hits lol
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber