The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Steadfast hero v buffer of the swift

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Does someone know which gives tbe best mitigation on a magplar
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    objectively - 30% mitigation 50% of the time = 15% mitigation on average.
    10% mitigation 100% of the time = 10% mitigation.

therefore stead over swift. now, if you're sloppy and get caught in a bad window where steadfast is on cooldown, you'll wish you had swift.

i think steadfast is great since it is on demand.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% - 100% of the time
    30% - 50% of the time (with possible uptime)

Steadfast will help survive more burst if used right.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are situations where you can get major protection from team mates. If you’re always solo I’d prefer steadfast, for BGs or team play I’d go swift.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    30% is a material amount of mitigation. I'd value the chance of it being up higher than permanent 10%, if the sets were my sole source of percentage mitigation.

But, Buffer is not a major/minor, so it can stack with other sources and become a material amount. For example, a Warden with Buffer and the the class armor buff would maintain 17-18% mitigation all the time, so depending on the class Buffer would be more valuable.

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for replies, I think the chance of being caught with your pants down potentially outweighs the buff especially if fighting a good players that knows when to time ults etc
    Edited by Syiccal on July 17, 2019 3:53PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Thanks for replies, I think the chance of being caught with your pants down potentially outweighs the buff especially if fighting a good players that knows when to time ults etc

Backbar steadfast that when you are pressured you'll active it. Prevents needlessly hitting it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Steadfast in my magplar tank build and is awesome or unexpected gankers or zergers, specially if you are near a rock.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocks need a nerf.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    swift has better 2-4 piece, take everything into account.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift rocks.

There are other things i rather use on back bar than Steadfast. Things i can very well combine with a Swift setup that is constantly giving its sweet mitigation. Lovin´it.

Yes, you can guess it: Swift+Spinner`s (front bar) and BRP resto back. It just works. :p