The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Optimal Crit Percentages

DomiNate4NB
DomiNate4NB
✭✭
Running a crit damage build. Curious what an optimal percentage would be? I remember reading 41% is a good number to be above. Currently at 50.3% or 56% depending on sets. Would like to stay at 50.3% because necro provides more damage than war maiden.

Any feedback is appreciated!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is pretty consistent over time, like when running a parse on a dummy as to your percentage crits done matching your crit rate on the character sheet.

That being said, I personally don't feel like I am in a Critical Chance build unless I have 70% to 80% Crit Chance. Then it seems like I get more than the crit rate in the shorter term fights. This is based on watching the flying numbers, where I dont really see a non crit hit.

70 to 80% is also about the threshold of diminishing returns where it is better to invest in base damage, resource pool or regen as the case maybe for your build.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstly, what is your Critical Damage Modifier? For say a Khajiit with high crit damage modifier, you would want as high you can go, without giving up Weapon damage or penetration.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, some build and race combos can hit 85% Crit with no real tradeoffs.

A Khajiit Stamblade running DW is one that comes to mind.
    Edited by Nestor on July 16, 2019 8:50PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DomiNate4NB
    DomiNate4NB
    ✭✭
    Modifier: 10% khajit, 10% NB passive, 20% cp, 12% RAT....Feel like I'm missing something.

Destro/resto as I'm magNB.
  • DomiNate4NB
    DomiNate4NB
    ✭✭
    11% shadow mundus too! There it is :)
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

50% base crit modifier
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Modifier: 10% khajit, 10% NB passive, 20% cp, 12% RAT....Feel like I'm missing something.

Destro/resto as I'm magNB.

Race is 10% and the shadow is 13% at base.

• DomiNate4NB
    DomiNate4NB
    ✭✭
    Working from memory so forgive