Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO DEITIES POLL COMPETITION SIGNUPS

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
After finishing the Recurring Characters Competition and receiving the feedback for it, a suggestion was made about starting up another competition, partly because people enjoyed it (thanks, me too!) and partly because it broke up the monotony of the...shall we say, "positivity-diminished" threads in the forums. So here it is! THE ESO DEITIES COMPETITION SIGNUPS ARE OPEN!

Some of the feedback included keeping the competitor suggestions thread open a bit longer before starting up the actual competition, so that's exactly what I'm going to do - I'm posting this around noon on the 16th; I'll close it around noon on the 19th (Friday). With that said, there are more than a few competitors who already have a spot, namely:

- All daedric princes listed HERE (and yes, Jyggalag and Sheogorath are being considered separate competitors)
- All aedra listed HERE **EXCEPT** Talos/Tiber Septim, because this is an ESO competition and in the ESO universe Tiber Septim hasn't been born yet.
- The Tribunal - with the three considered as separate competitors
- Sithis
- Anu
- Lorkhan
- Y'ffre
- Trinimac, which I am counting as separate from Malacath
- Magnus
- Baan Dar
- Alduin
- Rajhin
- The All-Maker
- The Adversary
- The Three Old Gods
- Auri-El
- Syrabane
- Phynaster
- Xarxes
- The Hist
- The Wilderking/Wilderqueen
- HoonDing
- Ruptga/Tall Papa
- Leki
- Onsi
- Sai
- Dagoth Ur
- The Night Mother
- Jone and Jode
- Mannimarco
- Padomay

REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPETITOR CONSIDERATION:
1. They must be worshipped, or have been worshipped in the past, by someone, somewhere.
2. They must be a distinct entity (which is why Sithis/Padomay are the same competitor; also why Lorkhan/Shezarr/Shor are all the same competitor)
3. They must have existed during or before the time of Elder Scrolls Online i.e. during or before 2E 583 (again, why Talos/Tiber is out)
4. Yes, despite feedback, there will be another boss fight, because of course there will be another boss fight. Neener neener.

Any other suggestions are welcome!
Edited by Saucy_Jack on July 19, 2019 4:01PM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!

Really wish I knew more lore...
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkosh? Though it seems like a "representation" of Auri-El, which is theoretically the same as Akatosh, but since Alduin is separated as distinct "deity", Alkosh can be such deity too.
    Given immense impact of Alkosh on ESO gameplay and lore, it can be a worthy contestant.
    (throw tomato's at me if I as wrong, it's ok, I perceive lore only from what I see and from 3rd era books)
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like Pelinal Whitestrake included. The dude has to be a demi-god of some sort.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No gods, no masters!

Please add to your list, thanks ...
    bye1.gif

• hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Rajhin? Morihaus, Pelinal Whitestrake. Reman Cyrodiil? They are all either worshipped like Gods, are semigods or such. Maybe even Mannimarco :D
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Rajhin

Rajhin and his seven Shadows.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kynareth? 185?cb=20161014200525
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen Sheogorath lose a popularity poll against other daedric princes. However, I don't think I've seen him compete against Jyggalag before, which may divide his vote.

While I expect to see everyone's favorite daedric god of madness win against other daedra, it might be interesting to see if other figures popular among the community like Sotha Sil or Sithis could give him a run for his money.

I'll call it now though, I expect those 3 (Sheo, Sotha, and Sithis) to all make the finals. They are likely the strongest competitors which most who are not lore enthusiasts know about in more than name only.
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just here to cheer on you for including another boss fight >:)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it weren't for Azurah we wouldn't have kitties.

AZURAH!
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love your enthusiasm, but this is a waste of time; Sheoggorath will win beyond the shadow of a doubt, because cheese.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character should be in the poll. They went toe to toe with Molag Bal, take out dolmens solo, have travelled across dimensions, and he is a Master Angler. Pretty much a deity.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Argelorn
    Argelorn
    I might suggest hist though it is debatable if it fits.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numidium/Akulakhan - bit of a stretch but maybe the idea of a constructed god in theory if not ever in practice.

Edit: Just realized even though they are ultimately the same thing when you consider them as a deity, Akulakhan didn't exist prior to ESO / Dagoth Ur's resurrection. So Numidium.

Edited by validifyedneb18_ESO on July 16, 2019 9:29PM
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like Pelinal Whitestrake included. The dude has to be a demi-god of some sort.

Pelinal is lorkhan incarnated, thast part of his curse.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corpier wrote: »
    I've never seen Sheogorath lose a popularity poll against other daedric princes. However, I don't think I've seen him compete against Jyggalag before, which may divide his vote.

While I expect to see everyone's favorite daedric god of madness win against other daedra, it might be interesting to see if other figures popular among the community like Sotha Sil or Sithis could give him a run for his money.

I'll call it now though, I expect those 3 (Sheo, Sotha, and Sithis) to all make the finals. They are likely the strongest competitors which most who are not lore enthusiasts know about in more than name only.

I dont think alot of players know Jyggalag and sheogorath are the same daedric princes. Hands down jyggalag would stomp on sheogorath.
    Edited by KillsAllElves on July 16, 2019 9:57PM
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anu, no other god besides padomay can stand up to anu! Daedra are not capable of doing so.

The dreamer can end it all in an instant.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anu, no other god besides padomay can stand up to anu! Daedra are not capable of doing so.

Anu is more like a cosmic force than a sentient deity though
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anu is more like a cosmic force than a sentient deity though

Anu and padomay are gods, both were well aware of what they have done (concieved) and their roles. With out these 2 deities there would be no aetherius, mundus, oblivion or nirn.

• Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anu and padomay are gods, both were well aware of what they have done (concieved) and their roles. With out these 2 deities there would be no aetherius, mundus, oblivion or nirn.

Sure... On a pure power scale of "godhood", it would have to be on those two to actually win.

But this is more a popularity contest.

That said...
    The Monger of all things Cheese is gonna be hard to beat! :wink:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPETITOR CONSIDERATION:
    1. They must be worshipped, or have been worshipped in the past, by someone, somewhere.
    2. They must be a distinct entity (which is why Sithis/Padomay are the same competitor; also why Lorkhan/Shezarr/Shor are all the same competitor)
    3. They must have existed during or before the time of Elder Scrolls Online i.e. during or before 2E 583 (again, why Talos/Tiber is out)
    4. Yes, despite feedback, there will be another boss fight, because of course there will be another boss fight. Neener neener.

Any other suggestions are welcome![/quote]
    Zenzuki wrote: »

Sure... On a pure power scale of "godhood", it would have to be on those two to actually win.

But this is more a popularity contest.

That said...
    The Monger of all things Cheese is gonna be hard to beat! :wink:

I didnt see anything about a deity being popular. It had to be worshipped- thats subjective to defining terms.

Also sithis and padomay arent the same.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome! I really like ESO lore so a poll with the deities, haha nice. :smile: Great idea. :smiley:

Glad your sticking true to the ESO lore. Like you said with Talos, Tiber Septim isn't born yet.
    Edited by VDoom1 on July 17, 2019 8:48AM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's Rahjin?
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us Rajhin!
    susmitds wrote: »
    Where's Rahjin?
    He's flirting with Nayru Varian.
    Edited by Elwendryll on July 17, 2019 10:07AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt see anything about a deity being popular. It had to be worshipped- thats subjective to defining terms.

Also sithis and padomay arent the same.

Popularity Contest is the point of the whole thing. That's all the other person was saying, while you were talking about the inclusion of the characters. Misunderstanding, I believe.

Anyway, I only quoted this to elevate the Sithis/Padomay thing. They very much are distinct and different deities. I understand not splitting up everything for the poll cause there's only so long the list can go... But they're literally separate beings. :P
    Edited by Raisin on July 17, 2019 11:45AM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • The All-maker that the Skaal are worshipping and The Greedy Man, his adversary.
    • The Three Old Gods (the bear, the fox and the wolf) that the Atmorans and Ternion Monks worshipped.
    • Aldmeri god-ancestor pantheon (those left out so far)
      • Auri-El, who fought with the elves against men as opposed to Akatosh who didn't. (We had 1008 years of dragonbreak in the middle dawn because of them being separate!)
      • Xarxes, god of Ancestery and knowledge, who kept track of all elven accomplishments and created his wife Oghma from his favorite moments in history.
      • Phynaster, who taught the elves how to live a hundred years longer by taking a shorter walking stride
      • Syrabane, who helped drive back the sload and the Thrassian plague with his magical ring
    • The Hist trees.
    • Dragons/Dragoncult
    • The Wilderking, worshipped by the Bosmer of Greenshade.

I probably missed a lot still.

Edit: Adding to the list
    Edited by Ratzkifal on July 17, 2019 12:53PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth Ur of course. So charismatic and honest as opposed to the Tribunal.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    Dagoth Ur of course. So charismatic and honest as opposed to the Tribunal.

What a grand and intoxicating innocence it would be to leave him out of this.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Redguard pantheon seems underrepresented.

What about the HoonDing?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hircine. I'm a werewolf.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No