Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cast time for Ultimates

• ryh
    ryh
    ✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    ryh wrote: »
    Problem with anicancel is that lower lag U have more U get from anicancel.

For example my friend got about 30ms ping to server. Ive got about 100.
    When he put on me some combo I just mostly see bash animaton on his toon but at combat log I se light attacks skills bashes and downbraker.
    When he tries the same on my ISP connection He couldnt anicancel so good and i saw some parts of skill animations before bash cancels and flash from downbraker was visible.

How in cold harbor is he getting a 30 second ping? Is your friend a developer that’s got a direct vpn to the server?
    It’s in back yard & the best I’ve ever got is 50

Its not ping showed in game UI.
    Its ping to server - try PingPlotter or similar.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LegacyDM without delayed burst you will never kill a good player that can LoS etc
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kollege14a5
    kollege14a5
    ✭✭✭
    If this wird bash cooldown + ultimate cooldown really goes live then playing magicka will probably be the better option. Stamina feels super clunky with bash canceling u cant even weapon swap properly.

Stamina toons are roflstomping everyone on PTS right now. They tank you with newely buffed Vigor and proceed to two shot you with resist ingnore Onslought follwed by a resist ignore and newely buffed Executioner. It's ridiculous, one dimensional and too effective.
    They also have more mobility and more mitigation with the new Shuffle btw.
    [/quote]

I was talking about clunky combat that has nothing to do with buffed stamina. This is PTS week 1 so they will tweak a lot and balance things out so that stamina wont roflstomp everything. However what stays, if no one is talking about it, is the clunky combat which is in my opinion really bad for the general combat system of the game.

• UmbrioGaming
    UmbrioGaming
    Soul Shriven
    Gilvoth wrote: »

the thing is, zenimax said they wanted it in the game and it adds skill to the playstyle. If you're good with animation cancelling you have a bit of an advantage. I think it is a good thing to reward skill. All they did the last few patches is make it easier for new players to do a lot of damage in pvp.. that is frustrating for long time players. At least thats what i think. Additionally it makes the gameplay clunky.
  • Khenzy
    Khenzy
    ✭✭✭
    If this wird bash cooldown + ultimate cooldown really goes live then playing magicka will probably be the better option. Stamina feels super clunky with bash canceling u cant even weapon swap properly.
    Stamina toons are roflstomping everyone on PTS right now. They tank you with newely buffed Vigor and proceed to two shot you with resist ingnore Onslought follwed by a resist ignore and newely buffed Executioner. It's ridiculous, one dimensional and too effective.

I was talking about clunky combat that has nothing to do with buffed stamina. This is PTS week 1 so they will tweak a lot and balance things out so that stamina wont roflstomp everything. However what stays, if no one is talking about it, is the clunky combat which is in my opinion really bad for the general combat system of the game.

I'm in favour of cast times to Ultimates for reasons I stated in several posts already, but the bash implementation with the new delay seems a little wonky indeed, it might also be a bug.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It has little, if anything, to do with the new Vigor, imo. Stam self-healing will remain relatively the same; Vigor only has a net 38% buff once you account for the fact that the Resolving morph lost the bonus it enjoys on live. This increase is essentially nullified by the removal of the HoT on Momentum (replaced by redundant major Evasion which we get from Shuffle either way). In stam group scenarios it's an absolute nerf.

Onslaught does seem overbuffed, I agree. We'll have to see to what extent it's reigned-in by the cast time, though.

Shuflle was straight buffed and well-deserved if you ask me. That skill has been too expensive and too underwhelming for far too long.
    Edited by TheYKcid on July 15, 2019 1:15PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    More delays in the game? Please no.
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly they recognized that the Altmer Spell Recharge racial shouldn't benefit templars only. Not the way I would have gone about adjusting the racial, mind you ...
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't use a skill then bar swap out of it now? Long cast times on what should be instant ultis? Cooldown after bash? More proc sets? Gg zos, bye. I'll be canceling and moving on.
  • Khenzy
    Khenzy
    ✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

It has little, if anything, to do with the new Vigor, imo. Stam self-healing will remain relatively the same; Vigor only has a net 38% buff once you account for the fact that the Resolving morph lost the bonus it enjoys on live. This increase is essentially nullified by the removal of the HoT on Momentum (replaced by redundant major Evasion which we get from Shuffle either way). In stam group scenarios it's an absolute nerf.

Onslaught does seem overbuffed, I agree. We'll have to see to what extent it's reigned-in by the cast time, though.

Shuflle was straight buffed and well-deserved if you ask me. That skill has been too expensive and too underwhelming for far too long.

It not only resulted in a net buff even coonsidering the loss of Momentum, when it scales up with buffs such as more weapon damage, vitality potions of minor/major mending you're effectively buffing a skill that heals once per second instead of two healing sources (with one being every two seconds), which results in a burstier heal, 27 to 30k tootips are very common, that's just wrong. Absolutely noone would have ever dared to suggest buffing stamina healing per second before these patch notes. I think Rapid Regen buff is also wrong, it also reduced build diversity as it forces every magicka player to wield a Resto Staff.
    Also, Rally is now a very potent semi-spammable direct heal, which at base was increased by 100% and it gets stronger every second, it's very effective to cast it every few seconds instead of an emergency massive heal like it was before, which results in a buff mid-combat. You don't even need Forward Momentum as you've got the new Shuffle.

Speaking of which:

Evasion: This ability and the Shuffle morph will no longer grant Major Expedition when you take area damage.
    Elude (morph): The Major Expedition granted from this ability will no longer trigger off Area of Effect Damage over Time effects.

Well, yeah.
    You can't use a skill then bar swap out of it now? Long cast times on what should be instant ultis? Cooldown after bash? More proc sets? Gg zos, bye. I'll be canceling and moving on.

Read the 5.1.1 notes.
    Edited by Khenzy on July 15, 2019 3:55PM