Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Northern Elsweyr be renamed to Anequina?

cmetzger93
cmetzger93
✭✭✭✭✭
On the map this is the only zone that goes by its geographical location. The zone is Anequina it’s like calling the Rift eastern Skyrim. Please don’t make this a precedent ZOS

Should Northern Elsweyr be renamed to Anequina? 200 votes

Yes rename it!
65%
fastolfv_ESOEarrindoJahoelopajSporvanDanikatquadraxis666SoupDragonSnowstriderNebthet78lion_heart_2000ub17_ESOMW2Kxenowarrior92eb17_ESOKorah_EaglecryRavenSwornczarAlisyrabeckamayCloudtraderPocketNova 131 votes
No
15%
chuck-18_ESOdcam86b14_ESOhaploeb14_ESONemesis7884anitajoneb17_ESOMarrazzMistElsonsostuartx13Sigma957AhzekRomoMettaricanaVildebillHämähäkkiPuzzlenutsThe_Old_GoatcarlyYellow_MonolithKeldheirmikemacon 31 votes
Don’t care
19%
rotaugen454p_tsakirisb16_ESOBam_Bamsrfrogg23lookstwiceghwaiteEdziukargen27Rustyfish101HvzedahighkingnmEasily_LosthexnoticAedarylShadow_AkulaVasokaKawallaltunit21sharquezScottOfLibertalia 38 votes
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. It should be renamed "lag central", or in the native Khajit tongue "nooneatzosshouldbeproudofthis".
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!
    I wouldve preferred that, but i think Elsweyr wouldve drawn in more players cause most only know that name abd wouldve just been confused at what Anequina was.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I wouldve preferred that, but i think Elsweyr wouldve drawn in more players cause most only know that name abd wouldve just been confused at what Anequina was.

I think that’s why they named it that too. I’m hoping once they release Q4 they will rename it
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    no because southern elsweyr will be probably called southern elsweyr and it will make sense then - besides, the region is no longer called anequina - it was before it became the unified elsweyr
  • Camkitty2
    Camkitty2
    ✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!
    I'd actually love to see it renamed to Anequina. It's such a neat sounding name, and that's really what the region is called anyway. And then they could call the southern section Pellitine.

I mean, I get that Elsweyr is supposed to be unified, so the old names would be a bit outdated technically, but it seems like the khajiit often refer to the sections by their old names still anyway.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once the Southern Elsweyr region is released in Q4 with it's proper name of "Pellintine", they should then revert the Northern Elsweyr region to it's proper name of "Anequina".

Then all would be right with this map region. :wink:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there was a poll to change the name ‘Elsweyr’ to ‘Northern Elsweyr’ originally.
    Gotta wait to get stuff changed now!
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Will Pellitine go by Southern Elsweyr? If so, it's fine. If not, my OCD will burst through the ceiling.
    EU PC
  • sedi
    sedi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!
    Rename it ‘Not Enough Wayshrines’
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes rename it!
    Just as last DLC should be named Pellitine...and if they decide to remove the loading screen between them only then they deserve the name of Elsweyr!
  • LennoxPoodle
    LennoxPoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!
    Isn't Summerset named wrong too. IIRC before the chapter released the whole archipelagos was called Summerset (also containing Auridon, Artaeum, Eyevea...) with the name of the entire big central island being Alinor.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!

They could still have called the expansion Elsweyr. Just like how the first expansion was called Morrowind but the map is called Vvardenfell.

I was going to say there's a small possibility someone might buy the game purely to play Elsweyr and not know how to find it if the map has a different name, but firstly all new characters are forced to start there anyway, and secondly if they know what Elsweyr is and want to play it enough to buy the game I assume they'd know vaugely where in Tamriel it is and could figure it out.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The name is still a valid description of the zone.

Besides, the area known as Reaper's March was once known as Northern Valenwood.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes rename it!
    Or at least corect the place that just call it elsweyr to nother elsweyr so it consistant
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t care
    "Elsweyr" is pretty recognizable from the other games. It's where the Khajit come from. That other name? Most players aren't big enough lore nerds to recognize that, let alone know that it is a specific region within this fictional world.

I can see why they went with Elsweyr.
  • LennoxPoodle
    LennoxPoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    "Elsweyr" is pretty recognizable from the other games. It's where the Khajit come from. That other name? Most players aren't big enough lore nerds to recognize that, let alone know that it is a specific region within this fictional world.

OlayOkay, then following zones are badly named I guess:
    Vvardenfell, Deshaan, Stonefalls and Bal Foyen should be called Morrowind,
    Greenshade, Grahtwood, Malabal Tor and Reapers March be called Valenwood,
    Auridon, Eyevea and Artaeum be called Summerset too,
    Hews Bane, Craglorn and Alik'r be called Hammerfall and so forth.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!
    Absolutely.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!

They called the Morrowind Chapter "Morrowind", but still called the zone Vvardenfell. It can be done.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!
    And on the subject of renaming zones, please remove 'Norg Tzel' (or whatever its called) from the location list!! It's not a zone!!
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!
    Morimizo wrote: »
    And on the subject of renaming zones, please remove 'Norg Tzel' (or whatever its called) from the location list!! It's not a zone!!

I never even noticed that. That is kind of annoying
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!
    I'm surprised they didn't to begin with.
    In Oblivon, there was the Anequina mod, specifically for northern Elsweyr because the region in books was always referred to by that name.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes rename it!

Nothing stopping them from using Elswyr on promotional material and as the name for the Chapter while sticking true to the actual name of the region. They've done this with at least some of the DLC and Chapters. Orsinium, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and Morrowind.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on July 15, 2019 3:47AM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, because
    306130-20190715125542-1.jpg
    On the other hand, I'm confused as to why in location list it's just "Elsweyr", when in the loading screen it's called "Northern Elsweyr". Aren't other regions Elsweyr?
    306130-20190715125626-1.jpg
    Elsweyr.jpg
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t care
    Fix the lag instead.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭

They called the Morrowind Chapter "Morrowind", but still called the zone Vvardenfell. It can be done.

They only called it Morrowind to cash in the anniversary, pretty sure that it was original marketed as Vvardenfell.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t care
    Until I can play it for more than 5 mins without 999+ ping, followed by crashing, I don't really care, to be honest.

I do have internet issues, at the moment, but I don't have this problem to anything like this extent in other zones.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t care
    sedi wrote: »
    Rename it ‘Not Enough Wayshrines’

Or, 'You will need rapid manoeuvre'.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t care
    There are other areas of the game with more than one name, and real life cities can be called more than one thing. The older the city, the more likely it has an old name.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t care
    srfrogg23 wrote: »

OlayOkay, then following zones are badly named I guess:
    Vvardenfell, Deshaan, Stonefalls and Bal Foyen should be called Morrowind,
    Greenshade, Grahtwood, Malabal Tor and Reapers March be called Valenwood,
    Auridon, Eyevea and Artaeum be called Summerset too,
    Hews Bane, Craglorn and Alik'r be called Hammerfall and so forth.

Yup, this is pretty much what I was alluding to. You'd have to go pretty deep into the Dork Forest to be this worried about it.
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. From the history lessons I've picked up from ESO, Anequina doesn't quite exist still. It did in the past. Before the two city states joined together. But now? Definitely not. If I remember right, even the locals talk about Anequina as in past tense.