Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Stam Tank Class

Iskiab
Iskiab
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I know it’s a little early, but I’m thinking of making a stam healer/tank after the patch but am not sure which class would be best. At first I though warden would be the no brainer choice but now I’m not sure.

I think they’d all have their upside and downside:

Sorc - streak
NB - Soul Siphon, dark cloak and sustain... maybe healthy Offering
Warden - aoe frontal heal, Ult gen and off stat sustain
Templar - new ritual of retribution
DK - self healing and wings

Any suggestions from people who’re more familiar with stam? Thinking group vigor, circle of preservation, bone shield, class skills plus abilities like silver leash to disrupt. Sword and board plus x weapon (maybe bow).

I’m looking for lots of aoe healing and disruption abilities, burst healing isn’t as important - glass canons are on their own.
Edited by Iskiab on July 14, 2019 1:11PM
Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
Havoc Warhammer - Alair
LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Stam tank, nothing comes close to NB Tank. You can literally slap Ebon/Yolna, Alkosh, Bloodspawn on any stamblade and it becomes a god mode tank with proper CP.

Stam tanks tend to crutch on high mitigation and this is where Stamblade shines. Use Bone Shield and Dark Cloak to heal, shield.
    Edited by susmitds on July 14, 2019 1:14PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    As a Stam tank, nothing comes close to NB Tank. You can literally slap Ebon/Yolna, Alkosh, Bloodspawn on any stamblade and it becomes a god mode tank with proper CP.

Stam tanks tend to crutch on high mitigation and this is where Stamblade shines. Use Bone Shield and Dark Cloak to heal, shield.

Merciless is getting nerfed and I’m worried it’s a little low on disruption with the changes to S&B. I was leaning towards stamdk.

Playstyle would be vigor - preservation - assist to help burst or something like that. Target block with lots of group heals. Something like that. Spam major defile somehow because it doesn’t proc immunity.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 14, 2019 1:29PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Pssst, we are in PvP section here. Let's back off slowly without making any sudden movements.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, for PvP, I will go with Stamden for pure tanky stamhealer.

However, if you want to go with something with more damage but less tankiness, you can go stamblade as well.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can erase sorc tank from that list for PVP for now (unless some changes happen) since you would be giving most stam enemies the free Major Expedition with your constant AOE. If you use the Heavy armor Immovable, well.. And Mighty Chudan is an option, but.. for PVP tank/heal you want to have a better option as your monster set for group support. So PVP sorc tanking sadly not that great in next patch if things go through like this. Couple wild build options to play around, but not gonna put them here in open atleast yet. Making a proper Negate Monkey needs some build adjustments for sure. Magsorc bringing Negate + execute spam is more.. efficient next patch thats for sure.

Templar changes might still be changing.. but templar tank will be good (as it already is), it will be more of a hybrid though if you wanna play it to the limits of hotness. Purify synergy will be, as it is now, one of the best and most important synergy there is for small scale PVP for both Cyro and battlegrounds. Heal ulti is a game changer. Nova synergy play.. so much AP candy rains from heavens when templar daddy protects everyone. Everyone in the neighbourhood loves the templar daddy.

With warden you can make the Forest spamming true heal tank who grows flowers and smokes shrooms. So much heals. And you can move fast with the Vines and heal a lot. Really mobile and fast. No class Purge though (magicka netch spam for cleaning 1 negative effect from yourself as a healtank.. dont. lol. Use the stam version, obviously). Decent damage on the side too. And that portal can do some troll stuff, to move people to their deaths. :p

NB tank.. you would end up playing and building it almost as you have your current magblade. Playstyle would be really close. If you want a change in style, i suggest trying other classes. Can be nice though as NB can be built to fun and efficient things. Still, it is no templar daddy.

DK will be pretty much like it is now. Mobile Banner carrying and trying to keep/get enemies in so they melt. Chain people to their deaths. Get hate whispers. The usual. Being really hard to kill. Remember to have a really huge size male character on a wedding dress. Could make a character named like Bag Ginz and use some weird Darloc Brae + Alessian setup with high hp regen and keep Crouching for lols.

My thoughts on this while enjoying morning coffee. :p
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been looking but am not sure what all the sources are now of major defile. DKs have standard, Wardens have a ground effect that’s easy to move out of and Necros have the improved? Blastbones?

Yea Wardens were the nobrainer choice before but now I’m not so sure. There are lots of new stam healing/good abilities so the number of abilities isn’t as important as how good they are.

Even a stamplar with ritual and the new total dark I’d think would be good, but where do I get major defile?
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

DK will be pretty much like it is now. Mobile Banner carrying and trying to keep/get enemies in so they melt. Chain people to their deaths. Get hate whispers. The usual. Being really hard to kill. Remember to have a really huge size male character on a wedding dress. Could make a character named like Bag Ginz and use some weird Darloc Brae + Alessian setup with high hp regen and keep Crouching for lols.

This is exactly what I’m looking for. I’m thinking I might be able to get more hate tells on another class. Most hate tells will be the one I’ll choose.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

This is exactly what I’m looking for. I’m thinking I might be able to get more hate tells on another class. Most hate tells will be the one I’ll choose.

Yes. Next patch there will be couple very annoying combos to deal with from a certain class. *remains silent* :D
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    With the changes to vigor upcoming, will dark cloak still be as effective a heal in comparison? Admittedly using the magicka pool keeps it appealing, but in terms of pure heal wont vigor be more potent?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »
    With the changes to vigor upcoming, will dark cloak still be as effective a heal in comparison? Admittedly using the magicka pool keeps it appealing, but in terms of pure heal wont vigor be more potent?

Why not both? Dark cloak plus the vigor group heal.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »

Vigor was already stronger than dark cloak on live. Numbers wise. Though dark cloak lasts 3 seconds long and gives mitigation.

Vigor ticks are gonna be 3kish. A higher health blade- 1000ish