Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We finally get our Azure plasm pools

Respect4Elders
Respect4Elders
✭✭✭✭✭
The Wraith home looks really nice. Looking forward to taking a dip in the Azure plasm pools. Been waiting on those for years now.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I do end up getting the house, it will be because they included the plasm. It's a great touch!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already wanted it the moment I realized it was basically Vaults of Madness in a house. And then I found the swimming pool. I think I need a cigarette, and I'm allergic to smoke!
  • VileNord
    VileNord
    ✭✭✭
    If I decorate this house it will have to have some kind of custom hallway that leads from the entrance straight to the pools and then all other furniture slots will be filled by the pools lol. It would be better if the pools were closer to the entrance but it's still a doable feat. B)
    PC NA: I'm actually a pretty nice Nord but "NiceNord" doesn't strike fear in the hearts of Tamriel's foes : )
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good idea! I think there was a missed opportunity to connect the two pools together via a small conduit so you could swim between them.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wraith home looks really nice. Looking forward to taking a dip in the Azure plasm pools. Been waiting on those for years now.

Lore wise, azure plasm pools would melt your skin
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

I'm already a vamp so I figure it can't get much worse. ;)
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We swim through lava. About the same.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't true; we see multiple pools of azure plasm in Coldharbour that we can swim in with no ill effect, and there are no examples of azure plasm melting skin. We even see Lyris in the plasm, confirming that it's not just Soul Shriven who can swim in it with no ill effect.

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Eh? Last I recall we had an official answer of 'you can swim in it, just don't drink it.'
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh? Last I recall we had an official answer of 'you can swim in it, just don't drink it.'

Spfffphft … (cat spitting noises)

But it looked like one of those fizzy drinks!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spfffphft … (cat spitting noises)

But it looked like one of those fizzy drinks!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Looks like Nuka Cola Quantum :wink:
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "As nice as these facilities are, I miss the boiling plasm pools of Coldharbour. Hot enough to melt the skin right off your bones. What an invigorating sensation!" cadwell's dialogue
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "As nice as these facilities are, I miss the boiling plasm pools of Coldharbour. Hot enough to melt the skin right off your bones. What an invigorating sensation!" cadwell's dialogue

Counterpoint:
    Is it safe for a human to take a bath in the 'waters' of Oblivion? (06/19/15)

Phrastus of Elinhir says, “That depends entirely on where, in the infinite variety of Oblivion, one finds oneself! In Coldharbour, for example, pools of blue fluid are common, but do not mistake it for water: it is Azure Plasm, the chaotic stuff of which Daedra, and their realms, are formed. It’s probably safe to bathe in, but I would hesitate to drink it.”

I propose that not all the Azure Plasm pools are boiling, just as not all the water in Nirn is boiling.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Counterpoint:

Phrastus of Elinhir says, “That depends entirely on where, in the infinite variety of Oblivion, one finds oneself! In Coldharbour, for example, pools of blue fluid are common, but do not mistake it for water: it is Azure Plasm, the chaotic stuff of which Daedra, and their realms, are formed. It’s probably safe to bathe in, but I would hesitate to drink it.”

I propose that not all the Azure Plasm pools are boiling, just as not all the water in Nirn is boiling.

Key word phrastus uses is probably. Cadwell has actually been to and lived in coldharbour and knows what its like from an in universe perspective
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 14, 2019 8:24AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Counterpoint:

Key word phrastus uses is probably. Cadwell has actually been to and lived in coldharbour and knows what its like from an in universe perspective

So have our characters, and mine were perfectly undamaged by swimming through the stuff.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Counterpoint:

We have boiling geysers of regular water here on Earth; that doesn't mean all water melts people's skin off. I mean, WE've been to Coldharbour too, WE've seen people swim in it, and swam in it ourselves.

I really don't see how this is a debate.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Counterpoint:

So have our characters, and mine were perfectly undamaged by swimming through the stuff.

Counterpoint:

We have boiling geysers of regular water here on Earth; that doesn't mean all water melts people's skin off. I mean, WE've been to Coldharbour too, WE've seen people swim in it, and swam in it ourselves.

I really don't see how this is a debate.

gameplay doesn't always equal lore, though I suppose cadwell's statement means that boiling azure plasm pools exist, but doesn't necessarily mean that all of the water there is boiling.
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 10, 2019 12:20AM
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

gameplay doesn't always equal lore

That's true in some circumstances, for sure, but I really doubt the game would have the player, Lyris, Abnur AND Cadwell jumping into a pool of azure plasm in the Main Story questline if this were one of those cases.

There is zero evidence that basic azure plasm is dangerous upon contact, and ample evidence that it is not.

• Khumbu
    Khumbu
    ✭✭✭
    Remember that lorewise we are the Vestige and our bodies are technically made of Daedric goo. That's why we are able to respawn without issues and travel through wayshrines but John Doe the NPC can't do that.

I don't think azure plasm is something our characters need to worry about in-universe.