Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm a healer and I don't get rewarded in BG's

Saltisol
Saltisol
✭✭✭✭
Players tend to stay close when then realize that there's a healer around keeping them alive and it makes for good templay and usually fun and prolonged fights. But, I'm sick and tired of not getting properly rewarded for doing the things that I do.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You mean your score right? Mix damage and healing and your score will go up. Pure healing scores suck.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, personal score will general be pretty low if you're not mixing in some damage and/or kill stealing. What class are you playing? Some have a really easy time getting their damage numbers (and therefore assists) fairly high, even if it's mostly just scoreboard cheese rather than truly effective killing power.
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one area ZOS could improve to help people see that healer is fun and is a great role to run. Even if it’s some support score it would def change the way we think of healing in PvP
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pure healers are not rewarded because they are not the best way to player healers.

A healer should contribute to DPS whenever the team does not need heals. This will raise your score with kills and assists, and will benefit your team far more. This will also open more opportunities for your team to be in need of a critical heal. You get 100 points for each critical heal which is the same as a kill.

Every game, I get about 700-1000 critical heal points, aside from the usual healer medals. I moreso play as a DPS that heals when the team needs it, rather than a pure heal bot.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your team victory is your reward. why do you need this digits in the table? they are useless
    Edited by oxygen_thief on July 8, 2019 7:25PM
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    likecats wrote: »
    Pure healers are not rewarded because they are not the best way to player healers.

A healer should contribute to DPS whenever the team does not need heals. This will raise your score with kills and assists, and will benefit your team far more. This will also open more opportunities for your team to be in need of a critical heal. You get 100 points for each critical heal which is the same as a kill.

Every game, I get about 700-1000 critical heal points, aside from the usual healer medals. I moreso play as a DPS that heals when the team needs it, rather than a pure heal bot.

Thanks for your input!

I agree, healing is only a part of it and done when needed. We add resources, dmg when possible. I do a bit of kill stealing with radiant oppression and assist with blazing spear. But I still feel that healing in itself should be rewarded.

To answer a previous question: I'm a Templar and Vampire.
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    your team victory is your reward. why do you need this digits in the table? they are useless

I guess the simple reason is that it seems like I haven't contributed at all when looking at the scoreboard and that feels wrong.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saltisol wrote: »

I guess the simple reason is that it seems like I haven't contributed at all when looking at the scoreboard and that feels wrong.

Your score should be high.

Are your healing numbers the same as damage numbers?

Are you healing for like 600k?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    likecats wrote: »

Just no
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There’s a lot of truth in this. I mix damage and healing, plus kill steal but I don’t think I’ve broken 5k points.

Recently my scores and stats are down but my win rate is up. At the end of the day winning is the most important thing.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten