Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with a Logitech G600

KMarble
KMarble
✭✭✭✭✭
I bought this mouse a couple of weeks ago, installed the latest software but no matter what I do I have to open the software every day because the mouse seems to reset to some odd config. I also have no idea how to make the on-board memory work correctly - when I do set the mouse to on-board the config goes crazy and inputs 2 key strokes for each side button I press.

Could someone explain to me how to make the mouse behave?

Best Answer

• jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am confused. Are you trying to use this mouse without having the software running in the background? It has to be on for your settings to work. It should just be sitting there harmlessly in your system tray, doing its thing.

My Logitech program automatically starts with Windows. Just let it do that. In the settings tab, the little gear thingy, make sure under the general tab that you have start with windows checked.
    Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB
    Answer ✓
  • JayDoc
    JayDoc
    ✭✭
    Don't use the 'on-board' setting, switch to 'automatic game detection' and setup individual profiles in the software. I've been doing it this way for years, and also really helps when you eventually need to replace your G600 (I bought 2 backups during an Amazon sale, because I can't imaging gaming without this, anymore).
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!

I'm not using the on-board setting since I can't find a way to bind what I want using it. I am using the setting you suggested, but I have to start the Logitech software every time I turn the computer on for the setting to apply.

I've created a profile for ESO and changed the default profile to be the same since I mostly use that computer to play the game. My hands are small, so I disabled the top 6 buttons and am using the bottom 6 for skills (1 through 5 going clockwise and 6 for bar swap). I use the third mouse button for X.

What happens is every day when I turn the computer on, this binding somehow goes ignored and when I click the buttons I mentioned I get 6, 7, 8, 9 and the symbols bound to those buttons originally. As soon as I open the Logitech software, my setup works again.

Is that how it's supposed to work?
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jnjdun_ESO wrote: »
    I am confused. Are you trying to use this mouse without having the software running in the background? It has to be on for your settings to work. It should just be sitting there harmlessly in your system tray, doing its thing.

My Logitech program automatically starts with Windows. Just let it do that. In the settings tab, the little gear thingy, make sure under the general tab that you have start with windows checked.

Guilty as charged. I prefer to have as few programs running on the background as I can and really dislike extraneous software starting when I turn the computer on, but I'll revert the settings. Thank you!
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    You might also want to check and make sure the profile in the mouse settings you select is set to persistent. I have to do that on my G505 mouse.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    jnjdun_ESO wrote: »

Guilty as charged. I prefer to have as few programs running on the background as I can and really dislike extraneous software starting when I turn the computer on, but I'll revert the settings. Thank you!

Logitech's Gaming Software is not extraneous software, it's a necessary part of the package. If you're not going to use it then throw the mouse in the bin. Or give it to somebody who'll value it.
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on July 13, 2019 8:19AM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Kraezy
    Kraezy
    ✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    Thank you!

I'm not using the on-board setting since I can't find a way to bind what I want using it. I am using the setting you suggested, but I have to start the Logitech software every time I turn the computer on for the setting to apply.

I've created a profile for ESO and changed the default profile to be the same since I mostly use that computer to play the game. My hands are small, so I disabled the top 6 buttons and am using the bottom 6 for skills (1 through 5 going clockwise and 6 for bar swap). I use the third mouse button for X.

What happens is every day when I turn the computer on, this binding somehow goes ignored and when I click the buttons I mentioned I get 6, 7, 8, 9 and the symbols bound to those buttons originally. As soon as I open the Logitech software, my setup works again.

Is that how it's supposed to work?

LGS needs to be actively running in taskmanager for it to apply your mouse profiles. Also it can be a bit fiddly at times when it doesn't recognise your game running and it's still running the default profile.

I usually assign different LED colours on the mouse to each game profile from the default blue, this way it gives me a visual queue that the mouse/binds are in affect for that specific game and not another profile.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tyreal1974 , I do have it set up as persistent. Since this is the only game I play, I have all profiles set up the same way.

@Kraezy , in my case the keys will revert to the binding I did as soon as I open the software. So I open it, confirm that the keys are right and close it. The key binding won't change until I turn the computer off.

I did a lot of research before buying this mouse and read a lot of comments claiming that it was possible to set up a profile (or more) on the on-board memory and delete the software since it (the software) isn't/wasn't very good.

The website for the mouse isn't very helpful and the software isn't intuitive. It felt to me like both were developed for people who already knew how the mouse and software worked.

Thank you both for the input.