The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So what stun will Magsorcs use post-nerf?

• Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    A CC shouldn't be a high damage spammable; that was just bad design. You get a free CC on cooldown without having to think about it or slot a specific skill.

Sorcs have an AOE unblockable stun that does damage again. Use that. Rune Cage is ranged but dodgable. It's not hard to dodge, but not really easy to see open world either what with all the effects going off.

Wardens are in a bad spot here but sorcs have options. I feel like magwardens should get the stun back on Fissure.

Oh yes, wrecking blow can. Incap can. Surprise attack can. Shock clench is just a stun its not a killer dps. What noob streamers plan next ?

That's so you can look into the whites of their eyes. Sorc was doing the same from something silly like 40 meters
  • vonknobby
    vonknobby
    You have streak... What will magdens use? Buddy of mine is trying to figure out a reasonable replacement.
    🍺[PC|NA] "Futz Puckerz" [AD|PvX]🍺 Recruiting New, Returning, and Veteran players.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vonknobby wrote: »
    You have streak... What will magdens use? Buddy of mine is trying to figure out a reasonable replacement.

Vampiric Drain, block-canceled. And yes, that means becoming a majestic vampire overlord.
    (^_-)
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak is the stun, no more discussions needed.

Bad players complained about "Sorcs blowing me from 32 meters NERFS SORS"
    ZoS listenned, u can no longer stun from range.

Streak front bar is the new stun, and a very good one now.
  • vonknobby
    vonknobby
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Vampiric Drain, block-canceled. And yes, that means becoming a majestic vampire overlord.
    (^_-)

The extra damage you take isn't worth... Dawnbreaker nerf helps some, but mag dks still hurt...
    🍺[PC|NA] "Futz Puckerz" [AD|PvX]🍺 Recruiting New, Returning, and Veteran players.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    I’ll be using what I’ve always used depending on my opponent. 1 on 1 I’ll be using runecage. BG And Cyrodiil Streak! Streak is great and synergizes well with meteor, especially since it can no longer be blocked. Excellent change.

Making Streak unblockable is the dumbest thing ever.

Why?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d guess we’ll have to use something like:
    - Streak
    - Rune Cage or Defensive Rune
    - Crystal Blast
    - Meteor
    - Volcanic Rune
    - Time Stop
    - Storm Atronach
    - Dawnbreaker of Smiting
    - Flame Clench
    - Volatile Familiar
    - Turn Undead
    - Sets like Death’s Wind or Mad Tinkerer
    - Crushing Shock interrupt
    - Drain Essence

And a few other less likely options like Werewolf or equipping a Bow, Shield, or Greatsword.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

(^_-)

The extra damage you take isn't worth... Dawnbreaker nerf helps some, but mag dks still hurt...

Yeah. You tell me.
    (>.>)
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I really don't think clench was an issue, and it's still available in flame clench form. They just wanted to kill magden more lol
    But compared to live, the Flame Clench damage and range will both be reduced. Exactly how much damage it'll do with a Master's Staff I can't say, but hopefully it'll be noticeably less than other "real" spammables.

I don't think that any instant cast, spammable ability - especially one that's usable at long range (ie, the live version of Destructive Reach) - should have both good damage and a stun/knockback attached. The best solution, IMO, is to keep the changes to Destructive Clench/Reach, and improve some of the other CC options to compensate (though I don't think Rune Prison or Streak need to be on that list...if you think those options are bad, try using the Necromancer Totem).

I just checked. On my NB, with approx 41k magicka Inferno Masters staff, flame reach does approx 17.6k DoT with 7.4k direct damage. This is with 1986 spell damage no nirnhoned on staff. Flame Clench does the same at 7.4k direct damage, removes DoT, but adds the knockback. The cost reduction on a breton without any cost reduction enchants is approx 1361. (All with CP enabled with 40 points into thermaturge) This makes Masters Inferno Staff highly valuable if you are playing a DoT rangeblade or Sorc. In fact, I'm glad they got rid of the knockback in favor of more damage. It ruined my fear rotation and is hard for others in group play to time their hard CCs. To me, it wasn't fluid.
    Edited by LegacyDM on July 13, 2019 9:06PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Charged lighting front bar to proc off balance and hit with a new heavy overload to stun.