The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Most Fatuous Immersion-Breaking Event Ever

KerinKor
KerinKor
✭✭✭✭✭
So right now Devon's Watch is full of corpses as 'badd ass wannabes' kill every NPC in sight, around the wayshrine are FOUR copies of the self-same NPC.

I rarely use the 'immersion breaking' meme as I don't invest that much into 'role playing', but this is an exception, it makes me want to avoid all towns when the 'kewl doodz' choose to hang out.

It's pathetic.

It's a pity ZOS never delivered the promised 'vigilante' feature due to lolworldPVP whining that happened when NPC killing became possible. :(
Edited by KerinKor on July 12, 2019 2:52PM
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    So right now Devon's Watch is full of corpses as 'badd ass wannabes' kill every NPC in sight, around the wayshrine are FOUR copies of the self-same NPC.

I rarely use the 'immersion breaking' meme as I don't invest that much into 'role playing', but this is an exception, it makes me want to avoid all towns when the 'kewl doodz' choose to hang out.

It's pathetic.

Lol is it 'bad ass wannabees' or just people doing the event?
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your use of the word "pathetic" is rather ironic in this case.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought climate change was an issue but this should go right to the U.N. We also need to get bono to put on a benefit
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed it's a pathetic event .. but that wasn't the point you were trying [and failing] to make.

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YIwFVwr.jpg
    qswi6o.jpg
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    YIwFVwr.jpg
    qswi6o.jpg

Well that first picture is happening every day of the week. People just do the Gold Farm 24/7, regardless of how utterly boring it is.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @KerinKor remember to tag people so they can see your response :)

The point I was making is that your argument is a pathetic attempt to ride the hate train that is going on in the forums.

If it hurts you that much, just RP elsewhere.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhm, the first picture is Hadran's Karawan, best farm spot for loot, that has nothing to do with the event at all. :)
    You'll usually see someone farming there and if you just ask to be grouped, you can go afk a bit and come back to your PC and loot..
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Immersion breaking" It's an MMO - you're surrounded by other players doing who-knows-what, with all sorts of silly names & outfits while riding absurd mounts, the screen is covered in distracting UI & chat boxes, and everything around you respawns.

I don't believe in "immersion" in the first place*, but based on everything I've seen people spew about it, I can't see how it could exist at all in an MMO. /eyeroll

* (or at least, I don't suffer from it. I feel sorry for anyone who does, since all it seems to do is "ruin games" when it "breaks". I'm glad I can just enjoy games without having to worry about that happening.)
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

Indeed it's a pathetic event .. but that wasn't the point you were trying [and failing] to make.

The event isn't the problem. You have a problem with the DLC.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like somebody is enjoying their immersion of being the Pack Leader before it gets nerfed on live.

I'm sorry you feel your immersion is the only one that matters.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have to admit the event looks like it was sponsored by bots.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • BrooksP
    BrooksP
    ✭✭✭
    This is common actually, someone did it in Daggerfall the other day and I did it when bored in Skywatch. However I do agree they should really improve the despawning on civilian NPCs, it is horrible in Kvatch.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    “Mahhh immershuuunnnn!!”
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s just a bit of fun.... to start using sarcasm as a way of insulting people is.... not as fun....
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    qswi6o.jpg

Those are naughty twins indeed!

"Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That moment when you realize this is a mmo? Or, that moment when you realize this is not ES5?

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

what does this have to do with the current event?
    Double reward drops for defeating World Bosses
    Double reward drops for defeating Delve bosses
    Double rewards for Gold Coast Delve and World Boss dailies
    Double Defiled Whiskers drops from Maw of Lorkhaj bosses
    Increased rewards for completing Heists
    Increased rewards for completing Sacraments
    Double harvesting resources from regular crafting nodes (not nodes from Survey Reports)

the only murdering that is event-related is taking place in Anvil (kill an NPC to join the Brotherhood), Kvatch (kill confessors), or in private instances
    Edited by Samadhi on July 12, 2019 3:59PM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a open world pvp thread in disguise .
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10/10

Very impressed.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

what does this have to do with the current event?
    Double reward drops for defeating World Bosses
    Double reward drops for defeating Delve bosses
    Double rewards for Gold Coast Delve and World Boss dailies
    Double Defiled Whiskers drops from Maw of Lorkhaj bosses
    Increased rewards for completing Heists
    Increased rewards for completing Sacraments
    Double harvesting resources from regular crafting nodes (not nodes from Survey Reports)

the only murdering that is event-related is taking place in Anvil (kill an NPC to join the Brotherhood), Kvatch (kill confessors), or in private instances

The only way I can see this related to the event is that some people have bought the DLCs cheap as they're on sale during the event and are now levelling it with the usual obsessiveness that some gamers display.
    And quite frankly I don't see anything in that last picture that I haven5seen pre event in basically all the major cities.
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    Immerse yourself into a murder mystery. Crack the case off the dead dunmer (or whatever it is lying around dead)