Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can i beat mag sorcs as a Dragonknight ?

pandoraxx
pandoraxx
Hello guys. Sorry my english not fluent enought but i want to ask you a question...

As a stamina dragonknight, how can i beat sorcs ? Specially NON-CP (Battlegrounds)

Im using spriggan's + fortified brass (med) + blood spawn monster set..

32k spell resist 30k physcal resist... 3.5k wep damage (excluding buffs) 1.4k stam recovery

And do you know how much damage i got from mag sorc in 2 seconds ?

It's f***ng 18k in only 2 secs ! Especially when my defensive features are so high. What do you think about it ? Can you kill mag sorcs as dragonknight ? (P.S: Other stamina classes are not problem..)
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pandoraxx wrote: »
    Hello guys. Sorry my english not fluent enought but i want to ask you a question...

As a stamina dragonknight, how can i beat sorcs ? Specially NON-CP (Battlegrounds)

32k spell resist 30k physcal resist... 3.5k wep damage (excluding buffs) 1.4k stam recovery

It's f***ng 18k in only 2 secs ! Especially when my defensive features are so high. What do you think about it ? Can you kill mag sorcs as dragonknight ? (P.S: Other stamina classes are not problem..)

Sure you can. I play stamDK myself and have no problems with sorcs. Dot em up, stun, leap, execute, dead ;)
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK's are my bane in BG lol a good DK is very hard to take down

• pandoraxx
    pandoraxx
    Yea you're right but aganist some sorc fights not longer then 5 seconds... And he is hit me 18k+ (i said some sorc not at all) and his barrier also so strong...
  • TheShadower92
    TheShadower92
    ✭✭
    Yea you're right but aganist some sorc fights not longer then 5 seconds... And he is hit me 18k+ (i said some sorc not at all) and his barrier also so strong...

Idk what you're talking about, but DKs feel to me like one of the hardest Sorc counters. jump on me and snare the *** out of me
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And he is hit me 18k+.

That sounds like no crit resistance to me. Are you sure that you have the right set trait and your cp setup right?

TherealHämähäkki
  • pandoraxx
    pandoraxx
    And he is hit me 18k+.

That sounds like no crit resistance to me. Are you sure that you have the right set trait and your cp setup right?

Im playing NO-CP BG'S i said that first :P I have 1.2k crit resist. And i have great resistance (because using fort brass set)
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And he is hit me 18k+.

Im playing NO-CP BG'S i said that first :P I have 1.2k crit resist. And i have great resistance (because using fort brass set)

Oh sorry I overread this, my mistake
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most attacks from sorcs are dodgable. Maybe you can improve your movement.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Most attacks from sorcs are dodgable. Maybe you can improve your movement.

This. You need to know when to dodge and block. Learn how long the roll dodge window lasts (it lasts round 1.5 sec after ddoge roll or so). I play only medium armor stam DK with like 18K-19K resist and I don't have a problem with mag sorcs, and no I don't ever use LOS like a coward because I can't have excuses from my enemies :D . Also, don't forget major evasion reduces damage of almost all their attacks too (and mag in general).

Statwise you should have no problem, all you need to do is stay in their face.

A tip for you if they streak too much is to prioritize heavy attacking once you gap close, sprint or whatever, then animation cancel it and do your regular attacks , or (though I don't do this) heavy -> petrify -> your planned attacks. If you do it right, you should have no problem keeping your stam up, being able to roll, and block, and do damage.

But the most important thing you need is, shockingly: PATIENCE. Not every player will fall down quickly, so if you care about winning then you need to wait for an opportunity to win or even leave and make them waste resources following you...
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're not going to beat a magsorc in no cp unless that magsorc is really bad. In cp stamina classes are in general a lot stronger. Stamdks and magsorcs are the two strongest classes, the most skilled of the two players should win.

Either way, i can't answer your question because i have 0 experience as a stamdk. I do know they're weak in no cp, especially battlegrounds.

"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    My advice for you is to increase your Crit Resistance to 1.8k-2k in BGs and avoid fighting competent MagSorcs in open fields -- lure them to tighter spots and use LoS to your advantage. You can use Protective Plate, if you have the magicka sustain for it, and block their Crystals Frags if you can predict it and are using S&B.

Tbh, I noticed that high resistances in Medium Armor don't mean much for some reason. I play in Heavy Armour with 26k spell and 23k physical resistances, and I'm tankier than when I've got 31k resistances in Medium.
    Edited by Vermethys on July 9, 2019 9:51AM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, Magsorcs are very much time-based. You can see them cast their ward (animation) and know when they will try to stun and burst you (stun and burst often come at the same moment as the Curse ability proc). You can use that against them. What also helps is to keep the pressure up at all time. Especially if you run a DoT build, such as my Venomwalker build (see my signature). Force them to keep casting shields, force them to play defensively.
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fossilize him. all day, every day.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if u got 30k resist, *IF* you also have at least 2.5K crit resist, you would NOT get 18k damage in 2 sec.

u can have 50k resist ,but if ur crit resist is <1k, you'll die with 2 arrow to the head under 1 sec.

once u get around to surviving, then u can worry about killing him: DK Leap ulti, Fossilize, blow him apart.

PS: this is in BG. in CP Cyrodiil, all bets are off lol
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep Wings up. Magicka management for wings and fossilize are key to stamdk. Run at least one dot to help eat at shields. Also don't be afraid to use a global/cc on their twilight. Launch your burst combo when they don't have a shield up.

The other method is patience as some have said. You are basically just gonna use fossilize on CD and run defensively till you eat through all the sorcs stamina. Which is easiest for a stamdk cause fossilize requires a break free and roll. In non cp the third time you hit them with it there is a good chance they won't be able to break free immediately and then definitely not dodge roll away out of the root portion.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Keep Wings up. Magicka management for wings and fossilize are key to stamdk. Run at least one dot to help eat at shields. Also don't be afraid to use a global/cc on their twilight. Launch your burst combo when they don't have a shield up.

The other method is patience as some have said. You are basically just gonna use fossilize on CD and run defensively till you eat through all the sorcs stamina. Which is easiest for a stamdk cause fossilize requires a break free and roll. In non cp the third time you hit them with it there is a good chance they won't be able to break free immediately and then definitely not dodge roll away out of the root portion.

XD
    Edited by Lokey0024 on July 9, 2019 10:51PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep wings up (easier on a MagDk I know, I know) and go straight offense. In open world, when they streak don’t chase. In BG’s chase and stay offensive as possible (again easier on a MagDk but oh well). And keep your dots on the fool.

• Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be much easier before when wings reflected their spells.

Get combat metrics and see exactly what is killing you-- look at base damage vs crit damage.

Get your crit resistance at least 2000 and higher if possible. Put impenetrable on all pieces. You could consider switching impregnable in for fortified.

You can run S&B and use defensive posture and even the 1hs ultimate. A well timed defensive posture will deprive them of part of their offense and stun them allowing you to gap close them and start meleeing.

I dont use wings anymore but its true that wings plus S%B and blocking can mitigate a lot of their damage
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 18k you took 2 seconds is from their stackable burst. A procced frag hits hard, curse pops 3.5 seconds after they put it on you for high damage, fury pops once you are below 20% hp, plus any ult (meteor, overload light attacks), or dots (pets, clench, etc) and you can see why a sorc is so good at this type of combo.

That said, the ease at which they can time so much damage in 1 global means that you can time this yourself. When curse is about to pop on you, block or dodge the frag that is sure to come. It's pretty easy to see when you get used to it. If they cant hit an empowered frag on you, then you should be fine surviving.

Now to kill them as a stam DK, place your dots and pay attention to when they cast their shields. After they cast the shields, count to 6. Once you hit 6, the shields drop, and you can go for a stun into burst combo. That's drop most sorcs. If it doesn't, they might adapt and cast shields early, but that eats magicka quickly. Keep dots up and ccing them and you will win eventually.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by WildRaptorX on July 18, 2019 1:46AM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure you can. I play stamDK myself and have no problems with sorcs. Dot em up, stun, leap, execute, dead ;)

that works wonders on an afk sorc. Or any under lvl 50 sorc that doesn't have streak.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You won't beat a mag sorc of equal skill level. Sorry.
    PC EU
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill the twilight first.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Kill the twilight first.

Hitting that thing is usually my problem :)
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good advice in this thread.

Or you can QQ on the forums until ZOS nerfs them as part of their "vision."
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK is the strongest openworld duelist in the game and you shouldn't have trouble to beat Magsorc.

You are using a bag gear and don't know how sorc even work.

Get a good gear, take S&B as offensive weapon and LA/Heroic slash/Bash as your spammable, use corrosive when the sorc is pressurisé to finish him.

Basically L2P sorry.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You simply can't if he's playing a petsorc and is equal or better than you. Petsorcs are quite literally the best class this patch and they take no skill to play. I can't believe people can shamelessly talk about stuff like balance and L2P while **** like petsorcs exist.

I used to be able to beat them with the help of old wings(which was super OP projectile counter, now doesn't do *** honestly.) but now it seems quite impossible cause wings no longer reflect those c.frags back. You just won't do enough damage to break through the pet heals , shieldstacking and streaks, and especially in medium armor you stand no chance.

You basically need to be in heavy armor fury-seventh, and use SnB so your tankyness is comparable to a ranged light armor spec. Get used to it or change your class because magsorcs have almost always been broken, and they'll most likely stay that way till this game dies.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 15, 2019 11:59AM
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    Wings , they reflect frags back and more....

ohh wait
  • pandoraxx
    pandoraxx
    Thank you for advices guys..
  • hero2zer0
    hero2zer0
    ✭✭✭
    You simply can't if he's playing a petsorc and is equal or better than you.
    Petsorcs are quite literally the best class this patch and they take no skill to play.

If the second part of the quote is true, than even a less skilled player would beat the OP most of the time (since “it takes no skill to play”), but the first part of the quote only mentioned equally or better skilled opponent (which btw is true regardless of class or build!), so which is it?