Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Slow launcher for both Steam and Regular Bethesda Launcher.

DracoUchiha
I checked everything for the launcher, everything is in place as it should, and while this has been going on since the very recent patch this week, I have been getting slow Loading times within both launchers. I tried every troubleshooting step, from internet connectivity, to putting the ports, to even deleting specific files for the launcher. I want to know if the Launcher is just slow just in general for other PC users and not just me.
@ItaneekMalachi in PC NA server, RPer, Argonian Master Race.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DracoUchiha

How much time is it taking for the ESO launcher to load up on your PC?

You can post your PC specifications in this thread to help in determining why you are experiencing slow loading times. To get your PC specifications you can create a DxDiag report.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DracoUchiha
    @ZOS_BillE

Specifications for my Acer Nitro 5:
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U @2.0 GHz (Turbo up to 3.6GHz) with Radeon Vega 8 Mobile Gfx
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X 4GB
    RAM: 1x8GB @2666 MHz
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
    1TB HDD @7200 RPM

The Launcher takes around 1 minute if I am lucky to around 5 minutes.
    Edited by DracoUchiha on July 8, 2019 2:11AM
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    @DracoUchiha

The files you deleted for the launcher - was it the ProgramData Folder and the host.developer.X.log files? If not, please go to the folder for the launcher, default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher
    • Delete the folder ProgramData
    • Delete all files with the name host.developer.X.log, except the one without a number named host.developer.log
    Another possible solution is uninstalling and then reinstalling Adobe Flash Player:
    • Go into your Control Panel.
    • Go into Programs and Features.
    • Click on Uninstall a program.
    • Locate your current Adobe Flash Player files (typically there are 2).
    • Click on each file and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Go onto Internet Explorer to Adobe's website and download and reinstall Adobe Flash Player.
    If none of this resolves the issue, you may have to delete and reinstall the ESO Launcher. Simply delete the Launcher folder located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online if you are using the default location. Then you may visit your Account Management Page to redownload and install the launcher. If you play ESO through Steam, you will have to download it through your Steam library.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DracoUchiha
    @ZOS_BillE and @ZOS_RikardD

I want to apologize to you both. This was apparently a Hardware Issue and not a Software Issue.

My CPU RAM Speed Spec is 2400MHz, and my RAM was being read in the Task Manager at 2666MHz, as that is the speed of my RAM. I had to reset my computer for it to fix the RAM speed issue.

I would still like to thank you both for trying to help me, and now the launcher is working just as it should.

Sincerely,
    @DracoUchiha