The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

"sup guys stam DK here the pvp gear we are rocking is. . ."

• Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking into spriggans.

I need to know if it's possible to over-penetrate in no-cp pvp?

Even with spriggans and sharpened maces/maul you wouldn't be over doing it?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »

possible, but to no negative effect.

i got 15% (10k-ish) wep pen, with Spriggan and 2H Nirn maul. it's better than 2H greatsword Nirn, no 20% pen but 6% extra damage. but u could go sharpened+lover mundus and go even deeper.

in CP PvP, it's good. my Dizzying is around 6.5 - 7k on most tanky build with wep damage. on a light armor, goes up to 8-9k. that's before critting.

in other words, better to go too deep instead of deep enough.

(well, come on. i'm waiting for the "that's what she said" joke)
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Wing wrote: »
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I was thinking about trying engine guardian, clever alchemist, and mechanical acuity on my Stam warden.

I cannot help but suggest Balorgh for stam warden, especially for that setup.

wait for acuity proc, slam potion, sub DB, pact up.

time is the only tricky thing, acuity has a 5 second uptime, sub has a 3 second trigger, your only ever going to get a setup for one burst but im sure it will be amazing if it all lines up.

Honestly I thought about that too. I was considering trying balorgh but I just haven't put in the time to farm it. Do you happen to know it's active time after it procs?

10sec, so a decent amount of time, super charges your heals too as its wpn/spl damage so that's nice.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no cp less of an issue but your only looking at like maybe a ~4k ish difference between pen and no difference in armor, as most/all CP damage reduction comes from the flat % damage reduction points and not people spending points in armor or spell resist (because those nodes are dumb)

the tricky bit is that you CAN over do it on pen (it requires a massive amount of investment though) on low armor targets OR you can under invest on targets that run like 50k physical and spell resist (possible on nord tanks tanking advantage of alessian) and your pen is effectively useless as your not getting their armor down to a point where its actually reducing their % mitigation.

however average armor is around ~25k so on average your pen should be fine, and it is the best pvp damage stat.

but if you invest in pen your own heals take a hit as pen does nothing for self heals but flat weapon damage will.

so yeah, pvp is tricky.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is useful stuff. Thanks. ^
    Edited by Zacuel on June 26, 2019 4:32AM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/C6Fmb8E0Hqo

2x Chudan
    5x Deadly Strikes
    5x Viper Sting

Seemed to work well in BG's.
    Wouldn't recommend in Cyrodiil.
    Why are you running Chudan and Spiked Armor? You seem to have significant resource issues from the video.

just about everyone has resource issues in BGs tbh

It's pretty much impossible to overpenetrate in pvp as stam, even with the lover mundus, especially considering the high resists most people run these days. I wouldn't worry about it. Pen is good, but keep in mind spriggans doesn't help your heals or bleeds and the set bonus is basically wasted when you use corrosive.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »

2x Chudan
    5x Deadly Strikes
    5x Viper Sting

Why are you running Chudan and Spiked Armor? You seem to have significant resource issues from the video.

just about everyone has resource issues in BGs tbh

It's pretty much impossible to overpenetrate in pvp as stam, even with the lover mundus, especially considering the high resists most people run these days. I wouldn't worry about it. Pen is good, but keep in mind spriggans doesn't help your heals or bleeds and the set bonus is basically wasted when you use corrosive.

I don't have those kind of resource issues. Watch the video again, lots of down time not casting anything.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mechanical acuity is nice on a stam dk, as long as you don't run into someone using fury, 7th, and bloodspawn.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mechanical acuity is nice on a stam dk, as long as you don't run into someone using fury, 7th, and bloodspawn.

*closes tab*

I liked trying to time corrosive and acuity, infinite pen and crit for a bit, I think acuity is just a wee bit to short at 5 seconds though.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

*closes tab*

I liked trying to time corrosive and acuity, infinite pen and crit for a bit, I think acuity is just a wee bit to short at 5 seconds though.

Makes your dots pop like nothing else can though, and then you drop the onslaught on their head.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dw nirnhorned maces/ defending 2h. 2 engine guardian, 5 pariah, 5 spriggans.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dw nirnhorned maces/ defending 2h. 2 engine guardian, 5 pariah, 5 spriggans.

that seems to really lack WD, hows your healing?
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • bakermir
    bakermir
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing my stamdk for 3 months(i started playing eso in feb as sorc) and I can already beat majority of players on my imperial stamdk. I am still learning a lot everyday (thanks to all veterans who help me out and the ones 1v1 me without getting bored)

veterans can ignore this post. but anyone struggling or trying to get into this, you can follow my path.

my stamdk builds for nocp cyro and bg:

pvp (1v1/gank)

7th
    vdsa master dw (double poison)
    sloads (2h)
    skoria

basically you got 4 skills that leave a dot(2wep2class) + double poison + sloads. pure proc build but I believe this is the build that can beat almost anything depending on your skills.

use corrosive as defensive to see what your enemy does during their burst. it is all about keeping your buffs/debuffs up as much as you can. your burst will be full dots, petrify, take flight and execute spam. blindly spamming execute around 40% can get you the win because of lag.

pvx

7th
    crest
    bloodspawn

run snb and 2h. make sure to have reverb bash for major defile(this is the main reason why stam is usually stronger in pvp) and heroic slash(minor heroism) also have meditate for psijic block, dmg reduction and recovery. utilize shield wall against zergs/ranged and use "take flight" for burst. run double poison on snb for light-heroic-bash

blocking is very important in this build along with light-skill-bash burst. you need to track crest 5 set timer all the times

both builds use stam recovery mundus

both builds use crown drink or anything that gives recovery. you don't need a lot of hp.

both builds run on heavy armor pieces. running stamina enchants and not health.

here are some builds to play with if you dont want meta fury/7th/bs. I hope it helps.

or just be creative and make your own. One of the best part of ESO is you can get very creative with builds and adjust your playstyle.

I can give more information also show you gameplay on my twitch.
    EU PC SOTHA SIL/BAHLOKDAAN
    • DC * imperial stamdk/emperor magdk * twitch-bakermir
    • DC * breton magsorc * twitch bakermir
    • DC * orcerer * Tyro Tyro Tyro Tyro
    • DC * altmer bomblade * Brings-you-democracy

<REMOVE FACTION LOCK>
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at sword singer vs seventh legion.

Assuming you use 2h. The 450 weapon damage plus the Stam bonus puts it at about the same as seventh without having to worry about it proccing at all.

Sound about right? Am I missing something?
  • Varaug_Gaming
    Varaug_Gaming
    ✭✭✭

Assuming you use 2h. The 450 weapon damage plus the Stam bonus puts it at about the same as seventh without having to worry about it proccing at all.

the most important thing is that it does not buff the healing from vigor
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the most important thing is that it does not buff the healing from vigor

Ah, good point.
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    Asking here, since I haven't found a proper "PVP DK 101" forum post: is a 2H Maelstrom Axe that bad on a Crit Charge \ Deadly Strike build for NO-CP\Battlegrounds?

I mean If I'm front baring 7th and fish the proc, isn't maybe a good option?
    EU-PC
    cp 1500+
    Flawless Conqueror & Spirit Slayer

Main: Templar
    Alt: Stamblade, StamDK
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    techprince wrote: »

2x Chudan
    5x Deadly Strikes
    5x Viper Sting

Major buffs do not stack. Chudan is used instead of spiked armor. You have huge sustain issues and thats why people run high recovery or high ult gen builds.

Cool cool...I'm just gonna keep on doing what's getting me high kills vs. deaths..thanks though.

The question was asked what people use instead of fury/7th. I've given what I run. Im not advocating anyone to run this build. It works for me. You most certainly don't have to like it. I, however, do not care. What I'm doing is working for me. THATS what I care about.

Move on.

People are just pointing out you have a wasted monster helm (unless you really like that 1k hp) and you're getting so butthurt about it lol.

Not butthurt. Just dont care. Still getting high kills vs. low deaths.

You seem butthurt, since you keep bringing it up lol
    Navras wrote: »
    Asking here, since I haven't found a proper "PVP DK 101" forum post: is a 2H Maelstrom Axe that bad on a Crit Charge \ Deadly Strike build for NO-CP\Battlegrounds?

You want to double bar 7th for sure.

But other than that, you’re right - in a no cp environment, the 2h vma could have a place, especially now that carve could have a fit in traditional bleed builds.

The reason most people don’t run it though is because if you’re going for a dot build and you’re using an arena weapon, master DW is still going to be significantly stronger. And it’s hard to fit mDW and vMA 2h on the same build.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vDSA (m2H) 2H is good with carve, vMA 2H is "meh".

Deadly Strike is a DoT so u'd probably end up better with mDW.

And Sword Singer is OK, but 7th got crit and also heals. That extra heal every 2 sec really helps.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, I'm playing DK for the first times. Even If I am a decently experienced pvper there is always a lot to learn
    EU-PC
    cp 1500+

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed with the wings nerf all of a sudden sorcs are rocking overload again.

all those poor *** that didn't realize what that counter existing did for them, now they can get rekt by little zappy balls for crying about wings.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Arzharo
    Arzharo
    ✭✭
    Well, you're lucky because warriors fury is nerfed next patch. I think ZoS targeted stamDKs in particular with their weapon ability nerfs as well (dizzying swing and heroic slash as nerfing noxious breath :smile:
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

But other than that, you’re right - in a no cp environment, the 2h vma could have a place, especially now that carve could have a fit in traditional bleed builds.

The reason most people don’t run it though is because if you’re going for a dot build and you’re using an arena weapon, master DW is still going to be significantly stronger. And it’s hard to fit mDW and vMA 2h on the same build.

Reading today's patch notes... I guess I gonna probably try out something with that vMA 2H Axe and Deadly, going 2H\DW maybe. Let's see what's happening on pts. /summoning @Thogard

EU-PC
    cp 1500+

• DucLIX
    DucLIX
    ✭✭✭
    Bye bye Heavy stamdks :smile:

You will not be able to tank, heal as much a a mag with a rest staff, and damage af at the same time, finally!
    faster guys kill kill
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DucLIX wrote: »

You will not be able to tank, heal as much a a mag with a rest staff, and damage af at the same time, finally!

Vigor just got a cost reduction and 85% healing increase, Combine that with Major mending and Burning heart and the heals are gonna be insane :).
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, I usually play no cp and run

1 chudan
    1 pirate skeleton
    5 battlefield acrobat
    5 spriggan

The 1pc chudan and pirate skele help make up for the lack of resistances for not running heavy, then you've got a dash of sustain with a pinch of damage.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Reading today's patch notes... I guess I gonna probably try out something with that vMA 2H Axe and Deadly, going 2H\DW maybe. Let's see what's happening on pts. /summoning @Thogard

Yeah things are def changing . Not sure what’ll work yet but I’m excited to test stuff out
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Another nerfling wanting, and getting, nerfs to classes they don’t play.

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually if you read the leaks the changes to immovable block mitigation will only go up.

that is however all you will be able to do especially considering you need 5 heavy and heavy has *** sets and passives. combined with the way oblivion damage and bleeds will work this will be interesting, because it seems like you will want to AVOID a lot of hp and resistances but have a lot of block mitigation. (this also just made various sources of protection and non standard mitigation such as vamp or the spirit mender much better)

so troll tanks WILL exist, they will still be among us, they will just have no chance of doing any damage or really contributing, not that they did in the first place. its actually probably only the biggest hit to 50k resist tanks with alessian, as that is what the bleed redesign and oblivion will directly counter.

going to be weird to naturally look to things other then resists or hp if you want to get tanky. allot of noobs are going to die and not get why.

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zergling joy smh
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?