Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Annoyance of snares...

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
How do you people deal with all these AoE perma slow effects, built in snares, disabling effects, etc.??

Lately this has been one of the major points that has started to turn me away from the game.

You feel almost forced to either slot a snare or root too or always slot a movement ability. Given the extremely short durations of immunities, this is actually so annoying and near absurd.

It certainly isn't adding much to the already slowed down, boring, streamlined pvp meta combat that we're facing today.

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, the game has gone snare crazy - although be ready for plenty of people telling you to 'git gud' or that it's a L2P issue.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    How do you people deal with all these AoE perma slow effects, built in snares, disabling effects, etc.??

With pots, class skills like phantasmal escape, forward momentum, certain sets, cleanse... There are many ways to deal with snares.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People are still complaining about snares in 2019? Really?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Snares don’t bother me much, I dislike aoe cc much more.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

I'm not complaing.
    I'm asking how to fight it.

How did you fail to see that. :confused:
    Edited by Nyladreas on July 4, 2019 5:45AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race against time
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Rot, momentum, shuffle or dodge roll out
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This patch has provided a lot more snare immunity tools as well as reducing a lot of snares. I slotted race against time on my mag classes that’ had no snare removal before this patch and it is fantastic
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RAT is a pretty good spell since it not only removes snares, but also gives major expedition and minor force. But it only lasts 2 seconds. Not sure how the rock humpers or tower humpers avoid the snares so much
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Race Against Time for magicka and Shuffle for stamina. Literally solves your problem right there.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    RAT is a pretty good spell since it not only removes snares, but also gives major expedition and minor force. But it only lasts 2 seconds. Not sure how the rock humpers or tower humpers avoid the snares so much

It actually lasts 4 seconds. Think you’re thinking of Protective Scales.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RAT got nurfed during PTS, 5.0.4 maybe? Max 2 seconds now...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »

RAT got nurfed during PTS, 5.0.4 maybe? Max 2 seconds now...

But with it's cost and quick movement 2 sec is enough
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Snare immunity needs to last longer.

Using shuffle costs a lot which is fine but when you have to hit it 4x in a row because the immunity is broken and chain snares are out of control is off putting.

Snares need to be toned down.
  • kyle06239ub17_ESO
    Other than the abilities already mentioned, you have a few options to minimize the effectiveness of snares:

Ranger set (50%)

Redguard passive (15%)

Warden passive (15%)

If you really hate being snared, stack all three and snares are barely noticeable.
    Edited by kyle06239ub17_ESO on July 5, 2019 7:42PM
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really shouldn’t be having issues with snares. Yes they can be annoying, but there are effective counters to them. Some things are better to block through or shield stack. The best counter if on a mag toon is investing more into break free (if in CP) or more stamina (CP or NO CP), a lot of people spread the misinformation that higher damage or higher main ability pool will = better. Which it does increase your damage, but at the expense of being a one trick pony.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're not acting like this is a new thing, are we? The ludicrous amount of CC in PVP has the single biggest reason I don't spend more time in Cyrodiil for five years now.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We're not acting like this is a new thing, are we? The ludicrous amount of CC in PVP has the single biggest reason I don't spend more time in Cyrodiil for five years now.

Really? I would have said lag/performance.
    I play all classes, mainly magicka classes, and i don't find CCs to be that annoying. With tri stat food and decent stam recovery you can deal with that most of the times.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »

Really? I would have said lag/performance.
    I play all classes, mainly magicka classes, and i don't find CCs to be that annoying. With tri stat food and decent stam recovery you can deal with that most of the times.

Lag is annoying. Being CCed all the time is just miserable.

It's the difference between a bug and a bad design decision. It can be frustrating to have my abilities queue up and then all fire at once after I've already been killed, but at least I know that's not intentional. Being out of control of my character strip-mines the fun out of the experience, turns what could have been an enjoyable contest into feeling like a spectator in my own gameplay, and the insane levels of CC a player can experience in a very short window shows this is intentional.

I can lose and still have a great time if I feel like it was a good contest. Likewise, if I get hit by a flood of CC and still manage to win, I still had an unpleasant experience. CC is necessary, but it should be something you have to use judiciously, tactically. The fact that the community, at least judging by their actions, seems to disagree makes this a community I just usually find myself not particularly wanting to PVP with.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on July 5, 2019 11:21PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC' and snares and knockdowns and Break free ALL need to be removed from eso completely.
    resurrection of enemies and the abilities should remain interruptible tho.
    but the rest needs removed.

Edited by Gilvoth on July 6, 2019 12:50AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    CC' and snares and knockdowns and Break free ALL need to be removed from eso completely.
    resurrection of enemies and the abilities should remain uninterruptible tho.

How would anyone ever die?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lag
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

Lag

Lmfao! Got me
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well like you said you have not pvp in cryodiil in 5 years? maybe in battle grounds you do or did, i dont know, but damage from skills is more than enough to kill peoples characters in pvp in cryodiil.
    the CC' and snares and knockdowns and Break free ALL need to be removed from eso completely.
    but the rest needs removed. i stand by that and i know it would help pvp and it would help the lagg as well.
    people right now cant break free, and even most times when we can break free it shows breaking free as much as 4 times in a row because the lagg and ping is so high nothing can register.

Edited by Gilvoth on July 6, 2019 12:49AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well like you said you have not pvp in cryodiil in 5 years? maybe in battle grounds you do or did, i dont know, but damage from skills is more than enough to kill peoples characters in pvp in cryodiil.
    the CC' and snares and knockdowns and Break free ALL need to be removed from eso completely.
    but the rest needs removed. i stand by that and i know it would help pvp and it would help the lagg as well.
    people right now cant break free, and even most times when we can break free it shows breaking free as much as 4 times in a row because the lagg and ping is so high nothing can register.

No, actually I don't go to Cyrodiil; not in like years at least for PvP.

I do know, if a great player never got CC'd and has a location with Los; you won't kill them
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I personally agree with you. I believe CC is a plague on games - especially in PvP - and that the combat would ultimately be a lot more enjoyable without them.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No, CCs are good. So are roots. It adds diversity and allows different playstyles.

HOWEVER... They have to be treated delicately by devs. Both soft and hard CCs need to be on longer cooldown, have more reactive counters, diminishing returns etc.

It's just that in its current state it's a pure disaster, while it doesn't have to be at all.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

No, CCs are good. So are roots. It adds diversity and allows different playstyles.

HOWEVER... They have to be treated delicately by devs. Both soft and hard CCs need to be on longer cooldown, have more reactive counters, diminishing returns etc.

It's just that in its current state it's a pure disaster, while it doesn't have to be at all.

Precisely.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to spam a skill every 2-4 seconds basically. Snares make combat really boring.

Also many times snares just ignore your immunity so you get snared again, making you need to spam more. I think poisons still ignore snare immunity too.

The idea of snares and roots are good, but it should be something timed with skill to get a kill imo, not something that is just free on so many offensive skills to the point you actually can't move in pvp unless you spam your immunity skills every few seconds, making combat feel really boring and annoying most of the time.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

well one class always has a 24 second gigantic ground aoe snare on their bar, so yes, people are still complaining about snares.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/480907/permanent-snares-in-bgs-are-still-a-major-problem-in-elsweyr#latest
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    You really shouldn’t be having issues with snares. Yes they can be annoying, but there are effective counters to them. Some things are better to block through or shield stack. The best counter if on a mag toon is investing more into break free (if in CP) or more stamina (CP or NO CP), a lot of people spread the misinformation that higher damage or higher main ability pool will = better. Which it does increase your damage, but at the expense of being a one trick pony.

what is the effective counter to a 24 second long snare? use an expensive snare removal ability every fourth gcd, reducing your damage/healing output by 25%?

there's no counter. you just accept being snared and either deal with it or don't pvp, and that problem is why this thread exists.
    Edited by ecru on July 11, 2019 10:42PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer