Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To The Creator of LootDrop

• Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I'm doing, I'm ignoring people :)

I think everyone's ideas are bad, I want to make my ideas. I spend enough time making other people's ideas at work.
    I love Lua
    Mac: Pawkette< Templar, DC >
    PS4: Pawkette< Templar, AD >
  • Ziz
    Ziz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every one just needs to say thank you or nothing at all. People need to realize they are entitled to nothing and need to stop acting like they are.
    Edited by Ziz on April 9, 2014 6:52PM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ziz wrote: »
    Every one just needs to say thank you or nothing at all. People need to realize they are entitled to nothing and need to so stop acting like they are.

This, a couple thousand times.
  • Sinist
    Sinist
    Pawkette wrote: »

I think everyone's ideas are bad, I want to make my ideas. I spend enough time making other people's ideas at work.

Oh and I don't know if you are familiar with Planetside player's, but you should look up my name on the leaderboards. I'm pretty much a sexy man over there.

I'm still working on my sexyness here as far as taking on high level competitive PvE and PvP :)

My major was in Microbiology so I can only geek over C++(but not too hardcore) I don't know much of anything else. Else I would be your LUA buddy fixing all your add ons to make the world happy.
    Edited by Sinist on April 9, 2014 7:08PM
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    It's Lua, Lua isn't an acronym.

And yeah, my addons aren't broken. They do what they're meant to do :)
    I love Lua
  • BlackTinuviel

I know this is what you were saying before, in different ways, but I think this sums it up nicely. You were distributing this for others to use so they could have what you made. This is a very respectable position to have (I develop for a living too, and I totally get it)

I do wish it was said like this (and put into descriptions) on the addons before you pulled out though. I would have loved your continuing presence in the UI community. And while some people may have reacted negatively to it, I think it would have squelched the anger a bit. (I'm in no way saying that the anger was justified though. Some people are just entitled jerks.)
    Edited by BlackTinuviel on April 9, 2014 7:21PM
  • WyeVxndzz
    WyeVxndzz
    ✭✭✭
    Tuinslang wrote: »
    I think he / she has personal problems. Since you always get haters for things you make, just believe in the lovers, and ignore the haters.

She / He did a great job, and I hope she / he reads this, learns from it, and know he / she it doing a great job.

off topic: just go with "they"
    «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥»
    When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.
    Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.
  • Aiiane
    Aiiane
    ✭✭✭
    This thread leaves me disappointed in humanity.
    Aiiane, Aldmeri Dominion, Auriel's Bow, NA ☆ Twitter
  • gomfedjb14_ESO

Hey just wanted to say THANK YOU for your lootdrop addon.. no matter what others say! it was one of the FIRST ONES i installed because of auto loot, it let me know what i got and it is instinct for me to glance in the lower right now when i the loot button :)

Thank ya again! sorry for the haters, but even if you were giving everyone free money, you would have haters :)

• BlackTinuviel
    And the trolls show up with the sexist comments and the sexual harassment. Mods, can we please lock this thread? Nothing besides degrading to insanity.

Edit: Nevermind, thanks mods for removing the posts
    Edited by BlackTinuviel on April 9, 2014 10:16PM
  • WyeVxndzz
    WyeVxndzz
    ✭✭✭
    And the trolls show up with the sexist comments and the sexual harassment. Mods, can we please lock this thread? Nothing besides degrading to insanity.

They didn't remove the worst. According to the mods "balls" equals "ability" which shows their gender bias. That's pretty shocking, actually.
    «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥»
    When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.
    Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    WyeVxndzz wrote: »

They didn't remove the worst. According to the mods "balls" equals "ability" which shows their gender bias. That's pretty shocking, actually.
    Oh no worries.
    As usual the political correctness craze your kind is so fond of took care of this dirt common English colloquialism.

I hope I´m allowed to use the word dirt?
    Is it no too offensive ma´m?
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3o:)

:'(
    Edited by Rotherhans on April 9, 2014 11:32PM
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    its a shame because she made some of the most refreshing add-ons so far, yet I have to say her constant "I didnt make it for you I made it for me" posts everytime someone made constructive and positive suggestions always put me off, seemingly as ungrateful and strange.

Though in this age of internet nasties and trolls, I could only imagine some of unpleasant communications she got from people :( I for one will miss seeing what other things shes could have made for us. I ahte when trolls win :(
    Edited by byghostlightrwb17_ESO on April 10, 2014 12:28AM
  • loco
    loco
    ✭✭
    Really people it's not even programming, instead of worrying about disappear ad dons just make your own. It's very easy.

To the girl who got hurt? I think you personally have a lot of stuff to work through if internet comments twist your knickers.
  • mattias.snakeb16_ESO
    Wow I never thought programmers were people too...

Seriously though Pawkette that comment you posted you should have expected that response. I'd respond like that if someone told me to use alt just after I specifically said I don't like it.

At the same time I wouldn't be so disheartened by that comment, you probably have some young troll giddy that he's taunted such a popular pseudonym into the shadows.

I use Lootdrop and while if I had the knowhow I'd make a couple changes, it works fine for me and is also the only addon I need.

P.S. I'm an idiot and won't be able to find your updates if you don't post them on esoui so stop feeding trolls n get it back up please
  • ronguiness_ESO
    Pawkette, I just wanted to say thank you and I love your addon. In my work and personal life (I am an RN by profession and an IT guy for friends family and coworkers) I deal with that kinda crap all the time. I actually teach people with bad hearts how to live healthy and, well not die. Most of the time my patients know better than me, that is of course why they are in the hospital. It is deeply frustrating and demeaning. I hope your experiences with this do not really bring you down.

On another note I do know how much it means for a simple thank you to come your way once in a while so once again a big thank you to you!

I can't say it enough but thank you again for your work I really enjoy it.
    Ron Guiness
  • Staal
    Staal
    ✭✭
    I am using Lootdrop and enjoy it.

With that said, on the web, people tend to be extremely vocal, rude and more.
    There is absolutely no reason to take it to heart, do what you want to do, and if people don't like it, it's their problem not yours.
    I am an editor, I make videos, do I care if people don't like them? Not really, because I enjoy what I do, and I know others do too.
    With that said and done, would love to see what you make in the future, if anything becomes public (other addons)
  • Zennor
    Zennor
    ✭✭
    @Pawkette‌
    I use Lootdrop and I love it. I wouldn't change it in any way and I would totally ignore the haters, as with most things online,the ones with the biggest voices tend to be the moaners as the lovers are out there using it and.. loving it! You've created something that most players of ESO will be using (if they don't already). Its vital for autoloot. I hate to use too many addons, but this is one I cant live without. Big UP for a fellow woman :) /hugs

PS My fiancé installed it last night and now he cant live without either :)
  • Tuinslang
    Tuinslang
    Tuinslang wrote: »
    I think he / she has personal problems. Since you always get haters for things you make, just believe in the lovers, and ignore the haters.

She / He did a great job, and I hope she / he reads this, learns from it, and know he / she it doing a great job.

off topic: just go with "they"

Doing it my way. Haha :disagree:

Currently playing Redguard Dragonknight | Skill line: Dragonic Power | Crafting skill: Blacksmithing
  • ut.nakladacprb19_ESO
    I'll trow my 2 cents in, I'm using loot drop and since Pawkette said that she doesn't want to change it (and I didn't want to change it either) I just customized rest of addons I'm using so it doesn't collide :smile: case closed.
    [EU-AD] | Lilisara Adthar | Templar | Aliance Rank 33
    [EU-AD] | Nicci | Sorcerer | Aliance Rank 13
    [EU-AD] | N'risa Tharyon | Dragonknight | Aliance Rank 9
    [EU-DC] | 'Anise | Dragonknight | Aliance Rank 34
    [EU-DC] | Lilaine | Nightblade | Aliance Rank 13
  • WyeVxndzz
    WyeVxndzz
    ✭✭✭
    Rotherhans wrote: »

(misogeny and taunting snipped)

It is not only up to women to call people like Rotherhans out on their hate speech and nasty attitudes.

Use of "Ma'am" as an insulting accusation of my gender exposes what you're doing as blatant misogeny.
    «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥»
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭

(misogeny and taunting snipped)

It is not only up to women to call people like Rotherhans out on their hate speech and nasty attitudes.

Use of "Ma'am" as an insulting accusation of my gender exposes what you're doing as blatant misogeny.
    Really?
    Ma´m is now hate speech to you?
    Reported for accusations of gender based hatespeech.

It´s not only up to Men to stand up to women curtailing harmless discussions based on their phony notions of "equality" and abusing mods to create a climate of unease between the genders.

Edited by Rotherhans on April 10, 2014 7:01PM
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ma´m is now hate speech to you?
    Reported for accusations of gender based hatespeech.

It´s not only up to Men to stand up to women curtailing harmless discussions based on their phony notions of "equality" and abusing mods to create a climate of unease between the genders.

Someone accusing another of hatespeech isn't reportable. It is neither trolling nor name-calling. Especially when the sexism was so obvious, as in this case.
    Edited by Vikova on April 10, 2014 8:07PM
  • ZOS_AlexD
    Hey guys, just a reminder, keep the discussion civil and constructive. Resorting to personal slights or jabs only detracts from the conversation. If this conversation continues to resort to such tactics, we will close the thread. Please remember that the Community Rules apply to everyone and help ensure that the ESO forums remain safe, fun, and welcoming for the entire ESO community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Wreaken
    Wreaken
    ✭✭✭
    Just remember, this add-on will cease to exist after a months of not being updated and will not be compatible with future builds.

So someone needs to either remake it or host it themselves with thanks and regards to Pawkette.

Taemek Frozenberg, Leader of <Epoch Gaming>
    Oceanic - Australia
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    So, did the person who took it over add in the requested functionality of being able to move the location?
  • BlackTinuviel
    tallenn wrote: »
    So, did the person who took it over add in the requested functionality of being able to move the location?

As far as I know, nobody has volunteered to take the code and publicly maintain it yet. When someone does, that will be their own decision.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think everyone's ideas are bad

Nice attitude. >_>
    I can certainly sympathize with the grief you get, but without wishing to cause offense, I and others have found with our interactions with you that you clearly don't like talking to other people in general. It's okay, it's not for everyone.
    For what it's worth, I definitely think you made the right call here. Best of luck to you.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • IronMaiden_burnout
    IronMaiden_burnout
    ✭✭✭
    Cairenn wrote: »
    It (LootDrop) is being continued here.

So i tried this just now as my first add-on I immediately loved it, so many times i always hated having to open my pack to check. But sadly after 5 mins my game crashed for the first time ever.
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, and I'm
    MorHawk wrote: »

I think everyone's ideas are bad

Nice attitude. >_>
    I can certainly sympathize with the grief you get, but without wishing to cause offense, I and others have found with our interactions with you that you clearly don't like talking to other people in general. It's okay, it's not for everyone.
    For what it's worth, I definitely think you made the right call here. Best of luck to you.

I'm constantly confused by this reaction. Why do random arbitrary people think they know what they're talking about? What pedigree justifies such a belief in one's thought process to decide that they know better than other people. That their ideas are better than others. That their ideas are even worth consideration?

It blows my mind, on a daily basis. I don't know *** about a lot of things, and so I listen to people far more knowledgeable on the subject than myself. Yes, I form my own opinions, but I don't believe my opinions are worth much because I haven't been educated on, informed, or practiced the subject.

I make UI professionally. I've been doing it for a few years, specifically for games. I design, art, and implement. I have experience with standard design principals, common user interaction, and I've been programming for years. Forgive me for believing that I might have some idea what I'm doing.

I love Lua