The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enemies teleport when killed, making them unlootable

• Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    We'll miss out on another 6 weeks of loot, but have no fear there will be a newly re-skinned camel in the crown store soon!
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reports on this, everyone. We have a fix for this issue going into Update 23.

Seriously? A fix is SIX WEEKS away???
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others, I'm not thrilled with what seems like a notable delay. On the other hand, I'm very appreciative to hear that ZOS is aware and has a fix in the pipeline. Thanks, Gina!
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reports on this, everyone. We have a fix for this issue going into Update 23.

It got worse. Was that the fix?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It got worse. Was that the fix?

Update 23 is a future update.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this kind of problem happened in any other big MMO it would be taken care if as fast as possible.

Zo$: Meh, we'll just fix it whenever
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to figure out how to say this as politely as possible. When you have a singular bug that is affecting almost every aspect of the game, nonchalantly putting the fix off for almost another month and a half with zero explanation as to why is simply not acceptable.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to figure out how to say this as politely as possible. When you have a singular bug that is affecting almost every aspect of the game, nonchalantly putting the fix off for almost another month and a half with zero explanation as to why is simply not acceptable.

Personally, I want three things from them:

1. Acknowledgement that there is a bug and whether they plan to fix it.
    2. When I can expect the fix, if they intend to fix it
    3. Notification when that fix has been delivered.

While "why" would be nice, I certainly live without that from other companies, and can live without that from ZOS.

For ZOS, I would be a lot more thrilled if they could start doing #1 more consistently. After that, we can work on #2.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm 6 weeks, they probably know that it takes on average 14 days for a human to become accustom changes. So 6 weeks gives them time for all player to except this issue as the new normal.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't thought this rated an fix in an intermittent patch. In fact, it would barely have occurred to my that anyone wouldn't think that. Oh well.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • MachineKludge
    Just to confirm, this is happening on Xbox too.

I'm not sure if it is maybe tied to the killing blow, who the mob is attacking and/or tied to the closet player it seems to happen more when I am running around solo. I would guess it is most likely tied to who the mob is attacking, since if I manage to kill the mob before it can move, the problem never happens. So I have been attacking from sneak a lot more during solo play and this seems to help.

Even though this bug was finally acknowledged (just shy of a month after the first report in this thread), I feel people that are having this issue should continue to report it. Report it at least once. Not sure how things work at ZoS, but I work for a fairly large software company, and we definitely care about customer KPI (Key Performance Indicators).

If 2-3 thousand customers mention how unhappy they are, people at ZoS are going to notice. It also matters that it is a lot of different people complaining. When the same handful of people are griping every day, over and over, they become noise and a statistic, i.e < 0.002%.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Every time it happens file a bug report.
    Just to confirm, this is happening on Xbox too.

I'm not sure if it is maybe tied to the killing blow, who the mob is attacking and/or tied to the closet player it seems to happen more when I am running around solo. I would guess it is most likely tied to who the mob is attacking, since if I manage to kill the mob before it can move, the problem never happens. So I have been attacking from sneak a lot more during solo play and this seems to help.

Even though this bug was finally acknowledged (just shy of a month after the first report in this thread), I feel people that are having this issue should continue to report it. Report it at least once. Not sure how things work at ZoS, but I work for a fairly large software company, and we definitely care about customer KPI (Key Performance Indicators).

If 2-3 thousand customers mention how unhappy they are, people at ZoS are going to notice. It also matters that it is a lot of different people complaining. When the same handful of people are griping every day, over and over, they become noise and a statistic, i.e < 0.002%.

“The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all, I would like to add this issue has been occurring on PS4 NA since the launch day of Elsweyr. Not only the teleporting of dead enemies but also not being able to loot them. I’ve not been able to loot some bosses because of this. Hope it’s fixed soon.

If it’s helps, seems for the Necromancer class that if you kill the enemy in very close range it doesn’t happen but if you kill them with ranged attacks or while they are running towards you it happens.
    Edited by Avoranti on July 6, 2019 8:52AM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that if they are moving when they die, they freeze in place for a second or two, then teleport to where they would have run to if they lived another second or two. After their corpse telports they cannot be looted.

So one shotting them from range works or getting in their face so they are not moving when they die works. If they are charging you when they die is when the problem seems to occur.

If you move far enough away from the corpse (like literally halfway across a dungeon), the corpse will reset to where it was before it teleported and you can go back and loot it.

Another situational workaround is if you can lure another foe close to where the unlootable corpse is and kill them nearby and they are lootable, you will be able to loot them and the old unlootable corpse as well at the same time.

It is kind of a big deal because there are circumstances where you get a lootable boss corpse that you just have to give up on - quite a big deal if a final boss in a vet dungeon who is guaranteed to be holding a monster helm.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, are you going to fix this? Almost every enemy teleports after being killed now. You strike the killing blow, they freeze for a few seconds, then appear at your feet... unlootable.

I log in, this happens on the first kill, I log out. Thankfully I have FFXIV Shadowbringers to play until you fix this.
    majulook wrote: »
    hmm 6 weeks, they probably know that it takes on average 14 days for a human to become accustom changes. So 6 weeks gives them time for all player to except this issue as the new normal.

I'm thinking they figured out that a lot of people are playing less on a daily basis, or taking a break and playing something else for a few weeks.

They look at this as a quick/easy/inexpensive solution to the over-crowded servers.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭

ZOS acknowledged that this is now a known bug. We should keep submitting ingame bug reports every time it happens. PTS with Update 23 will be ready today. The new patch notes address the issue here:

Under COMBAT AND GAMEPLAY:

"Monsters
    Fixed an issue where monsters would become visually desycned between the server and client. This fixes a wide range of issues where monsters would be unable to be looted after death if they died while moving, as well as monsters appearing to "warp" to new locations after engaging them and incorrect telegraphs."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/483597/pts-patch-notes-v5-1-0

Let's monitor the PTS discussion thread and work to isolate the problem and get it fixed sooner than later. :smile:

Edited by keto3000 on July 8, 2019 7:46AM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @keto3000 thanks for digging out that potential fix from the PTS patch notes. I went through them yesterday but was too rage-focused on the sea of nerfs to note this little gem. :)
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    Well what i have seen is that some mobs do the undead slide they die and then slide to a new location and yes they are unlootable the other thing that happens is that they die and are do not move show that they are lootable by mouse over yet are out of range when you try... If you are lucky you can run away from the mob past the load los(load line of sight) and come back and the mob is now lootable or has moved to a new location and is lootable and sometime remains unlootable its a wierd thing i have seen this happen in other mmorpg's and normally what it happens its an issue where thre is some sort of lag like disconnect between where the player character is in reference to where the npc is the server thinks player mob is in one location but your machine thinks they are in a different location
  • Sindrik8x
    Sindrik8x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck. Won't get fixed.

Move on. I switched back to WoW, cause' to hell with waiting patch after patch with the same freaking issues and no realistic time frame for a fix.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have to run out of "range" to get the corpse to be placed in the correct death position. You can then freely loot it.

The problem comes up when where you stand where the corpse is visible is too far away from where it really is (usually where it died).

Something in the movement logic seems to be applying after death here. I validated that today.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Sindrik8x
    Sindrik8x
    ✭✭✭✭
    So again, community finding a bug fix that really shouldn't have to be our responsibility, let alone make us take time out of our minutes in game to do this stupid loot hunt. Seems completely acceptable. Off the hook Zeni. Np.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If their fix works then why can't they go ahead and patch it in sooner? I don't even want to play with this happening constantly. Haven't even logged in for days.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If their fix works then why can't they go ahead and patch it in sooner? I don't even want to play with this happening constantly. Haven't even logged in for days.

Players don't benefit from the problem so it is a lower priority to fix, unfortunately.

It would be instantly hotfixed if you got double loot or something like that.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on July 9, 2019 6:26PM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting really *** stupid - world bosses are no longer lootable and considering they are the only ones to drop certain set pieces this is UNACCEPTABLE!

Come on guys get your *** together!
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    The fix is likely bigger than people imagine it to be.

This may be the case but it has been an issue since the necro class launch and they have released 2 new dungeons instead of fixing this.

Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asylum Sanctorium Trial
    • When Saint Olms is engaged in combat, any players not inside the boss encounter space will now be teleported into the space.

If this can go in an incremental patch, I really don't see how a fix for teleporting corpses can't.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asylum Sanctorium Trial
    • When Saint Olms is engaged in combat, any players not inside the boss encounter space will now be teleported into the space.

If this can go in an incremental patch, I really don't see how a fix for teleporting corpses can't.

Because it doesn't benefit the players. Only things that benefit the players get fixed quickly!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    elvenmad wrote: »
    This is the bug report thread and its been up long enough to warrant a ZoS response, it's not like its a tiny bug only affecting a specific place in the game, and ignoring it and releasing more new content does not make a difference , its in new content too This is a bug involving basic core gameplay and it happens randomly everywhere even with bosses.

I am pretty sure they are aware of it so the only conclusion must be they have been told not to respond. GG ZoS what's the point of reporting bugs if they are completely ignored.

Wait, so 5-6 WEEKS? Are you serious? I really love this game but don't even want to play this is so bad. Can't yall push this live sooner?

As it happens everywhere in game and not in specific places, it is a major problem that might need to be checked before Zeni publish a "fix" for it, to not cause more problems in the same style like it happened when they tried to fix Group(Activity) Finder.

//RexyCat
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RexyCat wrote: »
    elvenmad wrote: »
    This is the bug report thread and its been up long enough to warrant a ZoS response, it's not like its a tiny bug only affecting a specific place in the game, and ignoring it and releasing more new content does not make a difference , its in new content too This is a bug involving basic core gameplay and it happens randomly everywhere even with bosses.

I am pretty sure they are aware of it so the only conclusion must be they have been told not to respond. GG ZoS what's the point of reporting bugs if they are completely ignored.

Wait, so 5-6 WEEKS? Are you serious? I really love this game but don't even want to play this is so bad. Can't yall push this live sooner?

As it happens everywhere in game and not in specific places, it is a major problem that might need to be checked before Zeni publish a "fix" for it, to not cause more problems in the same style like it happened when they tried to fix Group(Activity) Finder.

//RexyCat

I am sure that is their reasoning, but this is common practice in any MMO. Things that are annoying but that don't help the customer always get a lower priority. This is true in World of Warcraft all the way to ESO. It is just the way things are. It is annoying, but that is not relevant, unfortunately.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    I also have had many teleporting, unlootable corpses when I kill mudcrabs for chitin or Lurchers in Glenumbra.