The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Meteor is terrible in 2019

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    I'm not agreeing with instant, but idk. It is a strange ult. Maybe slightly recduce cost to like 175 or something

I´d massively decrease the cost of atleast 1 morph and also reduce the ground aoe duration in return.

This sounds like a nice suggestion, however i would be careful with the "massively" part.

Depending on the morph i´d look at 130 to 150 base cost - so a 25 to 35% cost decrease while decreasing the aoe duration by atleast 50%.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Mages guild passives and both morphs meteor are near perfect.

I have more problems with the mages guild skills.

This. Fire Rune I'd love to see reworked into a magicka spammable as I love the graphic and animation. A fire morph that has a high chance to afflict burn to give Magdk a range option and a frost morph with a high chance of minor maim so ysgramor and other sets aren't relics and would give utility to all magicka specs.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    A target bound dot would be more effective than the delay remove

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It keeps the knockdown and burst if you have the undodgeable CC and it makes the Dot somewhat more effective. I think the Dot could be buffed though at least for the Ice Comet morph.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    On console the game is so broken that you can basically attempt to dodge roll every meteor and you'll block it mid dodge almost every single time. I actually do this with the vast majority that get used on me because its so consistently broken.

The ult definitely needs to be adjusted.

Lol yup! worthless without an unblockable CC.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Mages guild passives and both morphs meteor are near perfect.

I have more problems with the mages guild skills.

This. Fire Rune I'd love to see reworked into a magicka spammable as I love the graphic and animation. A fire morph that has a high chance to afflict burn to give Magdk a range option and a frost morph with a high chance of minor maim so ysgramor and other sets aren't relics and would give utility to all magicka specs.

The dot on the rune is laughable
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Meteor ( or rather shooting star is fine) you’re supposed to cc someone into it. Duh. E.g. Fossilize.

Or you’re doing it wrong...
    That'd be a strong argument if Meteor were a DK class Ultimate. But it's not, and not everyone has access to the best CC in the game - if you can't CC through block, Meteor stinks.

Does anyone think Dawnbreaker would remain the single most common PvP ultimate (in BGs, anyway) if it had such a long delay with a really obvious telegraph? That's a pretty bad restriction for a blockable "burst ultimate."

Roll a MagDK. Or choose a different Ulti. Shooting Stars been awesome on a MagDK for ages. NO ONE can use the same skill on EVERY class or build. That wouldn't be balance, that would be homogenization. Diversity means, "figure something else out lol."
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really think the high cost is the only issue with meteor.
    1. The damage is more than fine for an undodgeable ranged ult.
    2. Delay is crucial for landing burst, shouldn't be instant.
    3. Ground DoT is very strong and good for area denial. Sit in it when fighting a melee build.

I personally think 150-170 cost would be fine. If they don't touch the rest of it (which I hope they don't) probably 170. I'd hate to see the ground dot replaced with target dot or have its duration reduced. The skill would lose its identity and it would affect PvE heavily as well.
    EU | PC | AD
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    I really think the high cost is the only issue with meteor.
    1. The damage is more than fine for an undodgeable ranged ult.
    2. Delay is crucial for landing burst, shouldn't be instant.
    3. Ground DoT is very strong and good for area denial. Sit in it when fighting a melee build.

I personally think 150-170 cost would be fine. If they don't touch the rest of it (which I hope they don't) probably 170. I'd hate to see the ground dot replaced with target dot or have its duration reduced. The skill would lose its identity and it would affect PvE heavily as well.

This is where I'm at, lower the cost
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor ( or rather shooting star is fine) you’re supposed to cc someone into it. Duh. E.g. Fossilize.

Or you’re doing it wrong...
    That'd be a strong argument if Meteor were a DK class Ultimate. But it's not, and not everyone has access to the best CC in the game - if you can't CC through block, Meteor stinks.

Does anyone think Dawnbreaker would remain the single most common PvP ultimate (in BGs, anyway) if it had such a long delay with a really obvious telegraph? That's a pretty bad restriction for a blockable "burst ultimate."

Roll a MagDK. Or choose a different Ulti. Shooting Stars been awesome on a MagDK for ages. NO ONE can use the same skill on EVERY class or build. That wouldn't be balance, that would be homogenization. Diversity means, "figure something else out lol."
    I've already chosen a different Ultimate a very long time ago since, as the thread title indicates, Meteor is a terrible ultimate for most classes in PvP.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meteor with lower cost will still not hit. Even at 100 cost it'd be useless.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    It'd potentially be OP on some classes if it were super cheap, while borderline worthless on others. I think it probably needs lower up-front damage, while being more reliable/less easily countered for classes that don't have access to unavoidable CC. Depending on exactly what all changes would theoretically be made in those areas, a cost reduction might or might not be warranted.

Dawnbreaker is probably the single most common PvP Ultimate, and that's because it offers very strong AOE burst damage, a strong DOT on every target that gets hit, has no telegraph or delay, and is quite cheap. Meanwhile, Meteor is significantly more expensive, has the most obvious telegraph in the game, and the ground-based DOT can be moved out of quite easily. One block and minimal movement virtually nullifies Meteor, as long as the caster (or a teammate that coordinates well) doesn't properly time an unavoidable CC.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    It'd potentially be OP on some classes if it were super cheap, while borderline worthless on others. I think it probably needs lower up-front damage, while being more reliable/less easily countered for classes that don't have access to unavoidable CC. Depending on exactly what all changes would theoretically be made in those areas, a cost reduction might or might not be warranted.

Dawnbreaker is probably the single most common PvP Ultimate, and that's because it offers very strong AOE burst damage, a strong DOT on every target that gets hit, has no telegraph or delay, and is quite cheap. Meanwhile, Meteor is significantly more expensive, has the most obvious telegraph in the game, and the ground-based DOT can be moved out of quite easily. One block and minimal movement virtually nullifies Meteor, as long as the caster (or a teammate that coordinates well) doesn't properly time an unavoidable CC.

Yeah, I was talking from a no-Fear/Fossilize perspective. Didn't make that very clear.
    And I agree with you.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor may be a nice group ult for group play now, it has no cap on how many it hits.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can u dodge meteor? and get 100% damage avoidance?

instinctively thats what i do, i often forget to block, being a medium build and all...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

instinctively thats what i do, i often forget to block, being a medium build and all...

No......? I honestly can't say now that I'm thinking but I feel I'm been popped by meteor mid roll before. I'm just too trained to jump block
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

No......? I honestly can't say now that I'm thinking but I feel I'm been popped by meteor mid roll before. I'm just too trained to jump block

No. You used to be able to, long time ago, but it was made undodgable. By today's philosophie's, it's considered an AoE, anyway, therefore undodgable.